Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8572&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:49:18 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

49 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Shelton Marries....again, 3abn
Jvat
post Apr 1 2006, 10:56 PM
Post #61

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 514

Dre, bully for you. Do you know that both Andreason and Dwight Nelson supported Danny in a major way making him seem like a golden boy at the AU Rally? Why do you think that that was their reaction? Was it because they are just concerned about the evangelistic outreach of 3ABN? And nothing else?

I also noticed too that Dwight made sure that he preached the midday sermon today, sabbath and not anyone from 3ABN. I found that interesting!

I noticed that the place was not as packed as it could have been. I suppose that the bunch of folks was missing. I noticed quite a few white heads in the audience.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zephyr
post Apr 2 2006, 06:39 AM
Post #62

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,556

As goes TV so goes the church. Jvat I am glad you noticed that Dwight did not allow Danny to do his usual rambling. I founbd it shameful that Joh Lomacang, Danny's waterboy would further pamper Danny by calling him pastor Danny.

3ABN is going to be a major headache for the SDA church. I said as much in an earlier post. And Danny appears humble and nice on screen but it is clear to me that he likes and gets his way all the time (maybe the meek does inherit...).

Church missiologists have appeared to conclude that 3ABN is indeed the 3angels of Rev 14 and the place to put all the evangelistic eggs of the church. 3ABN is too important to "finishing the work" to allow petty issues like divorce and remarriage a la carte to get in the way.

3ABN locks hands with the crazies of the Religious Right for 10Commandments Day (hahaha) led by Danny and thechurch appears to be going along ...all the world wondered...

--------------------
"I believe what my church teaches.
My church teaches what I believe.
My church and I believe the same thing."--The Apostate's Creed.

+Quote Post
Jvat
post Apr 2 2006, 07:48 AM
Post #63

Advanced Member

Member No.: 514

Zephyr, your thoughts make a lot of sense. What a pity that the SDA Church by and large from the leadership end is not sitting up and taking notice. Is it "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge" or "Where there is no vision, the people perish"?

So if we do not care about following the Thus saith the Lord in all of our lifestyles and we say that we are winning souls for Jesus, what kind of souls or converts are we really making? What kind? Are we bringing in more problems into the church as a result of such Laodiceanism?

This post has been edited by Jvat: Apr 2 2006, 07:51 AM

+Quote Post
Prisca
post Apr 2 2006, 09:29 AM
Post #64

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 11

[Church missiologists have appeared to conclude that 3ABN is indeed the 3angels of Rev 14 and the place to put all the evangelistic eggs of the church. 3ABN is too important to "finishing the work" to allow petty issues like divorce and remarriage a la carte to get in the way.

I referred to this as well. I think they are afraid that the 'work' will suffer if they do anything or make any decisions on a personal level. Let God be the judge seems to be the decision. Notice also that 3ABN has taken on two or three more blacks since the 'new' staff.
I'm wondering though. When Michael ...something (English/Card?) , I believe got a divorce the Christian radio station in Michigan stopped playing allll his music. They explained that he'd gotten a non-Biblical divorce and they weren't going to play his music anymore. We didn't hear much from him after that.

Priscilla

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Apr 2 2006, 09:50 AM
Post #65

Guests

Isn't it about time we start asking whose work is being finished?

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Apr 2 2006, 11:22 AM
Post #66

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(statrei @ Apr 2 2006, 10:50 AM) [snapback]124890[/snapback]

Isn't it about time we start asking whose work is being finished?

...or whose work is being done period.....

huh.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
summertime
post Apr 4 2006, 08:02 AM
Post #67

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(Peachesevie @ Mar 24 2006, 10:53 AM) [snapback]123025[/snapback]

By the way how old is he? and how old is linda? Just curious giggle.gif

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Apr 2 2006, 12:22 PM) [snapback]124892[/snapback]

huh.gif

+Quote Post
summertime
post Apr 4 2006, 08:23 AM
Post #68

Advanced Member

I believe that someone wants to know how old Danny's new wife is---she is 33, he is almost 55, I believe. Did he have Bible grounds for divorce? No. Is this a good example for our children and for older SDA who are tired of their wives and need direction on how to get a younger? Yes. Can Danny be forgiven if he admits his mistake to God and to the church? Yes, of course. Has he admited that he did anything wrong? No. Are your children being introduced to an adulterer if they are at Andrews? Yes God help them all

QUOTE(summertime @ Apr 4 2006, 09:13 AM) [snapback]125161[/snapback]

I believe that someone wants to know how old Danny's new wife is---she is 33, he is almost 55, I believe. Did he have Bible grounds for divorce? No. Is this a good example for our children and for older SDA who are tired of their wives and need direction on how to get a younger? Yes. Can Danny be forgiven if he admits his mistake to God and to the church? Yes, of course. Has he admited that he did anything wrong? No. Are your children being introduced to an adulterer if they are at Andrews? Yes God help them all

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Apr 2 2006, 12:22 PM) [snapback]124892[/snapback]

huh.gif

If you are talking about 3ABN --God's work is being done. Is the messenger (Danny and others) doing the right thing as an example for someone talking about the Ten Commandments at this point? Only God can answer that. I do not choose to follow Danny's example. I hope our other children will not admire the situation but will appreciate the work being done by the honest workers at 3ABN. Are there other 3ABN employees who think that breaking the marriage promises is OK these days? Apparently. We need to pray that God's will be done.

+Quote Post
Peachesevie
post Apr 4 2006, 08:54 AM
Post #69

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,117

QUOTE(summertime @ Apr 4 2006, 09:23 AM) [snapback]125161[/snapback]

If you are talking about 3ABN --God's work is being done. Is the messenger (Danny and others) doing the right thing as an example for someone talking about the Ten Commandments at this point? Only God can answer that. I do not choose to follow Danny's example. I hope our other children will not admire the situation but will appreciate the work being done by the honest workers at 3ABN. Are there other 3ABN employees who think that breaking the marriage promises is OK these days? Apparently. We need to pray that God's will be done.

I think is quite interesting that people in a whole see what is going on but they just pretty much sit there. If we are gonna consider 3abn as our station then when something goes on it is our business to get involve whether the big shots like it or not. Just because a couple of people decided to stand behind his bad actions (probably cause they wanna do the same thing down the line) and call it a blessing doesn't make it one. Even if he was right (which i highly doubt it) as a christian he should have known to act better so should have known the rest of the clan. Which makes me wonder: what other secrets is the people at 3abn keeping? scratchchin.gif

--------------------
"Don't cry me a river, but a seven mile beach."

"Some say go for it; I say make it come to you."

"If you were to drop your heart into me, you would never hear it touch the bottom."

+Quote Post
djean7
post Apr 4 2006, 09:08 AM
Post #70

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 1,616

Yes, you may attach the message to the cafe thread. Thank you. I am rather new at this.

+Quote Post
summertime
post Apr 4 2006, 09:16 AM
Post #71

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Peachesevie @ Apr 4 2006, 08:54 AM) [snapback]125164[/snapback]

I think is quite interesting that people in a whole see what is going on but they just pretty much sit there. If we are gonna consider 3abn as our station then when something goes on it is our business to get involve whether the big shots like it or not. Just because a couple of people decided to stand behind his bad actions (probably cause they wanna do the same thing down the line) and call it a blessing doesn't make it one. Even if he was right (which i highly doubt it) as a christian he should have known to act better so should have known the rest of the clan. Which makes me wonder: what other secrets is the people at 3abn keeping? scratchchin.gif

There are a lot of really good people at 3ABN, but there are things that need to be changed and we who are incapable of controlling the board can only decide, after much prayer, where our offerings should go. From what I have read on other forums Danny and his new family made their way, after the wedding, to Disney land in Florida for a 4 day honeymoon.--donor paid? Or since there was going to be a 3ABN rally held in Florida--scheduled undoubtably by convenience, perhaps he had to take his family that direction on 3ABN's new jet-powered personal plane. The point of all this is that we need to have our eyes open but also our hearts open to God and pray that not one soul will be lost because of this example. We need tp pray for Danny, Linda, and Danny's new family. I guess that most people know that Danny's daughter, Melody is not doing much traveling now because she has remarried---also without grounds of adultry for the divorce from her other children's father. We need to have prayers for one another--don't let Satan win in this battle.

QUOTE(Prisca @ Apr 2 2006, 09:29 AM) [snapback]124886[/snapback]

[Church missiologists have appeared to conclude that 3ABN is indeed the 3angels of Rev 14 and the place to put all the evangelistic eggs of the church. 3ABN is too important to "finishing the work" to allow petty issues like divorce and remarriage a la carte to get in the way.

I referred to this as well. I think they are afraid that the 'work' will suffer if they do anything or make any decisions on a personal level. Let God be the judge seems to be the decision. Notice also that 3ABN has taken on two or three more blacks since the 'new' staff.
I'm wondering though. When Michael ...something (English/Card?) , I believe got a divorce the Christian radio station in Michigan stopped playing allll his music. They explained that he'd gotten a non-Biblical divorce and they weren't going to play his music anymore. We didn't hear much from him after that.

Priscilla

Michael English is now again singing with the Gaither Group.

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Apr 4 2006, 09:18 AM
Post #72

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Member No.: 6

QUOTE(djean7 @ Apr 4 2006, 12:08 PM) [snapback]125172[/snapback]

Yes, you may attach the message to the cafe thread. Thank you. I am rather new at this.

That's ok djean7, were all new at something every once now and again. smile.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Denny
post Apr 4 2006, 09:19 AM
Post #73

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

Christianity seems to be reluctant to hold its male leaders to account for their behaviour - IF the second, (third, fourth or fifth) Mrs Shelton was found to be pregnant due to an affair and still married to Danny Shelton I doubt the church/3ABN leaders would expect her to carry on regardless....

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post
summertime
post Apr 4 2006, 10:10 AM
Post #74

Advanced Member

QUOTE(summertime @ Apr 4 2006, 09:16 AM) [snapback]125173[/snapback]

There are a lot of really good people at 3ABN, but there are things that need to be changed and we who are incapable of controlling the board can only decide, after much prayer, where our offerings should go. From what I have read on other forums Danny and his new family made their way, after the wedding, to Disney land in Florida for a 4 day honeymoon.--donor paid? Or since there was going to be a 3ABN rally held in Florida--scheduled undoubtably by convenience, perhaps he had to take his family that direction on 3ABN's new jet-powered personal plane. The point of all this is that we need to have our eyes open but also our hearts open to God and pray that not one soul will be lost because of this example. We need tp pray for Danny, Linda, and Danny's new family. I guess that most people know that Danny's daughter, Melody is not doing much traveling now because she has remarried---also without grounds of adultry for the divorce from her other children's father. We need to have prayers for one another--don't let Satan win in this battle.
Michael English is now again singing with the Gaither Group.

People over the world are watching 3ABN. THey are also seeing Danny Shelton and his new wife----and since he did not have biblical grounds to divorce, the world is going to remember "By their fruits ye shall know them" So the work will be finished by the world church and Hope TV and even Safe TV. Even the rocks and the mountains will cry out. Their fruits will stand by the things we want SDA to be known by. Remember when the Review Building was burned when they were not doing the work of the Lord alone? The question is, "Are we going to stand by what is right or are we going to stand by whoever may tell the story of how God helped him to raise 3ABN (and I believe that is true) and then help him to represent the SDA church while he is hurting all the people around him who do not agree with him?. Sister White says, "Some of the brightest lights will go out" Instead of helping Danny to go forward and flaunt his right to break the Ten Commandments, while he is preaching The Ten Commandments is a bit sadistic. We should be praying that Danny will once again listen to the Lord's Commandments and confess his wrongs. Danny knows who to hire and who to fire according to the help they can give to him. I do not know Danny, nor do I know Linda,, nor have I ever been to 3ABN. But I am an old lady who has been watching and reading and I have seen that Danny's visits to preach is where he can find the deepest pockets and the white hair who can help his Trust Fund Requests. Sure he has hired more people from our race, and God bless them all--they will be an advantage to the face of 3ABN.

+Quote Post
Peachesevie
post Apr 4 2006, 10:19 AM
Post #75

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,117

QUOTE(summertime @ Apr 4 2006, 12:10 PM) [snapback]125185[/snapback]

People over the world are watching 3ABN. THey are also seeing Danny Shelton and his new wife----and since he did not have biblical grounds to divorce, the world is going to remember "By their fruits ye shall know them" So the work will be finished by the world church and Hope TV and even Safe TV. Even the rocks and the mountains will cry out. Their fruits will stand by the things we want SDA to be known by. Remember when the Review Building was burned when they were not doing the work of the Lord alone? The question is, "Are we going to stand by what is right or are we going to stand by whoever may tell the story of how God helped him to raise 3ABN (and I believe that is true) and then help him to represent the SDA church while he is hurting all the people around him who do not agree with him?. Sister White says, "Some of the brightest lights will go out" Instead of helping Danny to go forward and flaunt his right to break the Ten Commandments, while he is preaching The Ten Commandments is a bit sadistic. We should be praying that Danny will once again listen to the Lord's Commandments and confess his wrongs. Danny knows who to hire and who to fire according to the help they can give to him. I do not know Danny, nor do I know Linda,, nor have I ever been to 3ABN. But I am an old lady who has been watching and reading and I have seen that Danny's visits to preach is where he can find the deepest pockets and the white hair who can help his Trust Fund Requests. Sure he has hired more people from our race, and God bless them all--they will be an advantage to the face of 3ABN.

I have to agree with you summer yes.gif

--------------------
"Don't cry me a river, but a seven mile beach."

"Some say go for it; I say make it come to you."

"If you were to drop your heart into me, you would never hear it touch the bottom."

+Quote Post

49 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:49 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church