Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8572&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:49:16 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

49 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Shelton Marries....again, 3abn
simplysaved
post Mar 27 2006, 10:03 AM
Post #46

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 830

QUOTE(Prisca @ Mar 27 2006, 09:57 AM) [snapback]123552[/snapback]

No. It is the conclusion that follows that is the problem. If he sees himself as head of the home as Christ is the head of the church, he would realize that coercion and absolute obedience doesn't follow.

Priscilla

scratchchin.gif So why sould the head (IF this happened) not want to initiate primary care for the well-being of your wife's biological son, "avoiding" the opportunity for evil to take place?

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Prisca
post Mar 27 2006, 10:28 AM
Post #47

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 11

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Mar 27 2006, 04:03 PM) [snapback]123555[/snapback]

scratchchin.gif So why sould the head (IF this happened) not want to initiate primary care for the well-being of your wife's biological son, "avoiding" the opportunity for evil to take place?

Ah. That would be a question. Of course, we are simply following a scenario, not knowing, but there are several reasons. One is, I didn't initiate it...you did! Another...there isn't anything wrong with that boy, you pamper him too much! There was a story in our church that lasted in it's review until I was born and thereafter where the mother wanted to take the child to the doctor because she was sick, and the father said he'd say when. The child died. For many us that would have been 'it' for us,but they were apparently a very loving and caring couple with several other children. Both are gone now, but I still remember that story. I thought it was sooooo horrible. Also in the same church a woman was told not to get pregnant because of some biological problem...she said she had to leave it up to her husband even if she had to die, God would honor her decision. And THAT wasn't 'old school'! I remember thinking, I wonder if she was slapped, would that help?

Priscilla

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 27 2006, 11:14 AM
Post #48

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Also, Linda and Danny were married along time. Even if you want to doubt the scenario as it is present, a question still come to mind. What kind of man would spend that much time with a child and then disconnect so easily? By his own words here, Danny neglected to even mention the son or his issues, opting to feign ignorance as to why his wife was spending so much time on the phone with another man. The son was mentioned earlier by others, and eventually by Linda.

QUOTE(Prisca @ Mar 27 2006, 08:28 AM) [snapback]123564[/snapback]

Ah. That would be a question. Of course, we are simply following a scenario, not knowing, but there are several reasons. One is, I didn't initiate it...you did! Another...there isn't anything wrong with that boy, you pamper him too much! There was a story in our church that lasted in it's review until I was born and thereafter where the mother wanted to take the child to the doctor because she was sick, and the father said he'd say when. The child died. For many us that would have been 'it' for us,but they were apparently a very loving and caring couple with several other children. Both are gone now, but I still remember that story. I thought it was sooooo horrible. Also in the same church a woman was told not to get pregnant because of some biological problem...she said she had to leave it up to her husband even if she had to die, God would honor her decision. And THAT wasn't 'old school'! I remember thinking, I wonder if she was slapped, would that help?

Priscilla

This post has been edited by princessdi: Mar 27 2006, 11:21 AM

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Mar 27 2006, 11:22 AM
Post #49

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 27 2006, 11:14 AM) [snapback]123574[/snapback]

Also, Linda and Danny were married along time. Even if you want to doubt the scenario as it is present, a question still come to mind. What kind of man would spend that much time with a child and then disconnect so easily? By his own words here, Danny neglected to even mention the son or his issues, opting to feign ignorance as to why his wife was spending so much time on the phone with another man. The son was mentioned earlier by others, and eventually by Linda.

That is EXACTLY what I have been trying to say in a nice way!!@@ clapping.gif

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 27 2006, 11:25 AM
Post #50

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Gurl, makes you wonder. Now he has married a woman with two children. Maybe it is just me, but I would not have married a man who had done his wife and step child as Danny has. I don't even have children, but if a man approaches me who does, his treatment of his own children is a HUGE determining factor.

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Mar 27 2006, 09:22 AM) [snapback]123576[/snapback]

That is EXACTLY what I have been trying to say in a nice way!!@@ clapping.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Mar 27 2006, 11:30 AM
Post #51

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 27 2006, 11:25 AM) [snapback]123577[/snapback]

Gurl, makes you wonder. Now he has married a woman with two children. Maybe it is just me, but I would not have married a man who had done his wife and step child as Danny has. I don't even have children, but if a man approaches me who does, his treatment of his own children is a HUGE determining factor.

See, I am torn...I saw a genuine (IMO) heartfelt plea for reconcilitation with his wife (Linda) on 3 ABN--and I prayed for them...I cannot judge what I only see "through a glass darkly", but it came accross to me that perhaps he was not the one wanting the divorce--and perhaps this was a coup d' tat from the Board Room, as I think Linda has cautiously suggested in the past at her web-site... scratchchin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 27 2006, 11:40 AM
Post #52

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Yeah, that was the intent in the announcement saying something like " Due to decisions made by Linda, she will no longer be a part of this ministry", while they knew full well, they had made it so she could not speak to defencd herself against anything that was said. Also, dont' be fooled, Danny used to 3ABN board to do his dirty work. It still is his ministry. Now, that the other shoe has fallen..............less then two years later up pops young Brandy.............it doesnt' take rocket science to get a good idea of what happened here.

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Mar 27 2006, 09:30 AM) [snapback]123578[/snapback]

See, I am torn...I saw a genuine (IMO) heartfelt plea for reconcilitation with his wife (Linda) on 3 ABN--and I prayed for them...I cannot judge what I only see "through a glass darkly", but it came accross to me that perhaps he was not the one wanting the divorce--and perhaps this was a coup d' tat from the Board Room, as I think Linda has cautiously suggested in the past at her web-site... scratchchin.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Mar 27 2006, 11:43 AM
Post #53

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 27 2006, 11:40 AM) [snapback]123583[/snapback]

Yeah, that was the intent in the announcement saying something like " Due to decisions made by Linda, she will no longer be a part of this ministry", while they knew full well, they had made it so she could not speak to defencd herself against anything that was said. Also, dont' be fooled, Danny used to 3ABN board to do his dirty work. It still is his ministry. Now, that the other shoe has fallen..............less then two years later up pops young Brandy.............it doesnt' take rocket science to get a good idea of what happened here.

Fair territory, I would like to know how long they have dated and when did then meet... yes.gif

This post has been edited by simplysaved: Mar 28 2006, 04:12 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 27 2006, 11:47 AM
Post #54

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Naw, ya' feelin' me!!! spoton.gif After all it is not Linda who is married less than two years later, and she was the one who was supposed to be cheating.........As Nuggie already asked, "How new is Brandy?"

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Mar 27 2006, 09:43 AM) [snapback]123586[/snapback]

Fair territory, I would like to know how long they have dated and when did then meet... :yes:

This post has been edited by princessdi: Mar 29 2006, 04:32 PM

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Mar 27 2006, 12:07 PM
Post #55

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Member No.: 6

New as a well worn... no sorry, that's shoe. Not the same thing at all. scratchchin.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
dmizzle06
post Mar 29 2006, 04:29 PM
Post #56

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 275

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 24 2006, 06:22 AM) [snapback]122975[/snapback]

I thought they were married on the set of 3ABN....

Oh, the irony!

--------------------
...y eso es todo tengo que decir.

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Mar 29 2006, 04:33 PM
Post #57

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

You know what? The "untold story" behind everything may shock and surprise us all... yes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Prisca
post Mar 30 2006, 05:32 AM
Post #58

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 11

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 27 2006, 05:14 PM) [snapback]123574[/snapback]

Oh my, there are so many scenarios to the why for this one. Sometimes a 'bossy' man wants full control of the 'wife's' children. They want the woman, but really had only an idea about the children. Did the children like/love him? How did the oscillation between natural and step-father work out? What was Linda's response to his 'leadership'? Was he driven to a 'hands-off approach..and then perhaps expected to 'understand'? How about his own children? What was that relationship, if different? It ain't no joke to have children 'from a previous marriage' on either side.

Priscilla

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 27 2006, 05:25 PM) [snapback]123577[/snapback]

The 'story' of the man is important in the ears of the woman. Depends on what he told her.
If she can see the reason and it looks 'Kosher' then it would be OK.

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Apr 1 2006, 04:38 PM
Post #59

Guests

QUOTE(dmizzle06 @ Mar 29 2006, 05:29 PM) [snapback]124288[/snapback]

Oh, the irony!

Take a good look. Danny says "isn't she cute?"Danny and his new bride.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Apr 1 2006, 07:47 PM
Post #60

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

He was at AU today with the entire 3abn crew....

I did not attend.

I did not watch on TV.

Can't support that....

A "bunch o' folks" didn't go....

huh.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post

49 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:49 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church