Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8572&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:49:12 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

49 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Shelton Marries....again, 3abn
Panama_Pete
post Mar 24 2006, 04:14 PM
Post #31

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 522

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 24 2006, 11:03 AM) [snapback]123058[/snapback]

I don't think she believe in spiritual adultery as much as the appearance of evil. No married woman should spend extended amounts of time in phone or face to face conversations with a man "just to talk".

One thing we don't know.

Since Nathan, Linda's son, was in Norway at the doctor's clinic, the phone records to that clinic will never show who was actually on the other end of the phone line in Norway. Linda could have been talking to her own son who was in Norway at the exact, same location as the doctor. The phone records will never show who Linda was talking to most of the time.

What if she's talking to her own child most of that time? That time would quickly add up. In fact, it would be unusual if she wasn't calling her own son, Nathan, on the phone.

Just phone records to a clinic in Norway prove nothing, under the circumstances. If I were in that clinic, my mother would be calling me.

I just wanted to point out that there could be a legitimate reason for some of those phone calls and for them to end up being quite lengthy.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 24 2006, 05:15 PM
Post #32

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

The calls were legitmate if she was talking to the Dr. regarding her son. Point is, Danny probably knew that, and the fact that he totally left that out of his story is at the very least disturbing.
QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Mar 24 2006, 02:14 PM) [snapback]123101[/snapback]

One thing we don't know.

Since Nathan, Linda's son, was in Norway at the doctor's clinic, the phone records to that clinic will never show who was actually on the other end of the phone line in Norway. Linda could have been talking to her own son who was in Norway at the exact, same location as the doctor. The phone records will never show who Linda was talking to most of the time.

What if she's talking to her own child most of that time? That time would quickly add up. In fact, it would be unusual if she wasn't calling her own son, Nathan, on the phone.

Just phone records to a clinic in Norway prove nothing, under the circumstances. If I were in that clinic, my mother would be calling me.

I just wanted to point out that there could be a legitimate reason for some of those phone calls and for them to end up being quite lengthy.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Mar 25 2006, 12:21 AM
Post #33

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Mar 24 2006, 07:14 PM) [snapback]123101[/snapback]

One thing we don't know.

Exactly. yes.gif

Half truths and innuendo are not tools we are to use. I hope Linda is well in the midst of all this. With this situation being so public it has to be very difficult for her. Not to mention having deal with her sons illness also. The strain on them both can not be helping his health or hers.

If it be His will may the Lord deal with those who would treat his beloved, just as they desire his beloved to be treated.

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Mar 25 2006, 07:42 AM
Post #34

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 830

I posted this in the Devotional Forum, but as it is relavant to this current discussion indirectly, I wanted to post the link here as well... smile.gif

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=7&t=8594

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Prisca
post Mar 25 2006, 08:30 AM
Post #35

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 11

As I said before, there are so many many things that are not known...will probably never be known until, if we are faithful, we will see it in eternity. Did Danny want more children and Linda refused, thus causing spiritual adultery? This "convenience' of another marriage giving him this opportunity? Should Linda have been the one who filed for a divorce according to the misdeeds done to her? We don't know and will probably never know.

Priscilla

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Mar 25 2006, 11:56 AM
Post #36

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for good.....

It may seem dark as all get out right now....but it will all work out for the best.

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Prisca
post Mar 25 2006, 01:57 PM
Post #37

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Mar 25 2006, 05:56 PM) [snapback]123213[/snapback]

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for good.....

It may seem dark as all get out right now....but it will all work out for the best.

Oh I believe it! Even if the people involved are dead wrong or perfectly right...the most important thing is the vehicle for His work. It WILL all work out for the best.

priscilla

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Mar 25 2006, 06:43 PM
Post #38

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Prisca @ Mar 25 2006, 03:57 PM) [snapback]123233[/snapback]

Oh I believe it! Even if the people involved are dead wrong or perfectly right...the most important thing is the vehicle for His work. It WILL all work out for the best.

I like that part too...if you are dead wrong or perfectly right.....

It will come out in de wash!

yes.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 25 2006, 07:00 PM
Post #39

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Prisca @ Mar 25 2006, 08:30 AM) [snapback]123200[/snapback]

As I said before, there are so many many things that are not known...will probably never be known until, if we are faithful, we will see it in eternity. Did Danny want more children and Linda refused, thus causing spiritual adultery? This "convenience' of another marriage giving him this opportunity? Should Linda have been the one who filed for a divorce according to the misdeeds done to her? We don't know and will probably never know.

Priscilla

he is 54 and his new bride is 33..... we know that much....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Mar 26 2006, 04:42 PM
Post #40

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 25 2006, 10:00 PM) [snapback]123249[/snapback]

he is 54 and his new bride is 33..... we know that much....

Newer model, less milage, easier ride, better warranty blink.gif

No, sorry that's a car. My bad. doh.gif

--------------------

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"

+Quote Post
Denny
post Mar 27 2006, 03:31 AM
Post #41

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Prisca @ Mar 25 2006, 02:30 PM) [snapback]123200[/snapback]

As I said before, there are so many many things that are not known...will probably never be known until, if we are faithful, we will see it in eternity. Did Danny want more children and Linda [u]refused, thus causing spiritual adultery? This "convenience' of another marriage giving him this opportunity? Should Linda have been the one who filed for a divorce according to the misdeeds done to her? We don't know and will probably never know.

Priscilla

Assuming spiritual adultery exists in the first place- still seems to me like convieniet excuse to use when the deed has not been done or even entered ones head.....

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post
Prisca
post Mar 27 2006, 05:38 AM
Post #42

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

roflmao.gif
QUOTE(seraph|m @ Mar 26 2006, 10:42 PM) [snapback]123409[/snapback]

Newer model, less milage, easier ride, better warranty blink.gif

No, sorry that's a car. My bad. doh.gif

QUOTE(Denny @ Mar 27 2006, 09:31 AM) [snapback]123476[/snapback]

Assuming spiritual adultery exists in the first place- still seems to me like convieniet excuse to use when the deed has not been done or even entered ones head.....

Some people consider the male to be the 'head of the household' in every way. They want to be obeyed. So following that trend of thought ...if God made me the head of the house, then I am in Jesus' place as head of my 'church' ...so if you believe you should obey Jesus in His realm of authority, then you must obey me in my realm of authority. Not to do so is violating God's will for this family. Violating God's will is disobedience, which is breaking His commandments, which is also committing spiritual adultery, since you have placed yourself in front of me.(first commandment of the home)..your spiritual leader.
See?

Priscilla

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Mar 27 2006, 06:34 AM
Post #43

Guests

QUOTE(Prisca @ Mar 27 2006, 06:38 AM) [snapback]123489[/snapback]

roflmao.gif
Some people consider the male to be the 'head of the household' in every way. They want to be obeyed. So following that trend of thought ...if God made me the head of the house, then I am in Jesus' place as head of my 'church' ...so if you believe you should obey Jesus in His realm of authority, then you must obey me in my realm of authority. Not to do so is violating God's will for this family. Violating God's will is disobedience, which is breaking His commandments, which is also committing spiritual adultery, since you have placed yourself in front of me.(first commandment of the home)..your spiritual leader.
See?

Priscilla

I hope you are not denying that the maleis the head of the household in every way. We should never use misuse of a principle as an opportunity to negate the principle.

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Mar 27 2006, 09:20 AM
Post #44

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

QUOTE(statrei @ Mar 27 2006, 09:34 AM) [snapback]123493[/snapback]

I hope you are not denying that the maleis the head of the household in every way. We should never use misuse of a principle as an opportunity to negate the principle.

Unfortunately we all slip every now and again. His just happens to be a "REALY" public slip. yes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Prisca
post Mar 27 2006, 09:57 AM
Post #45

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(statrei @ Mar 27 2006, 12:34 PM) [snapback]123493[/snapback]

No. It is the conclusion that follows that is the problem. If he sees himself as head of the home as Christ is the head of the church, he would realize that coercion and absolute obedience doesn't follow.

Priscilla

+Quote Post

49 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:49 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church