Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8572&st=720 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:49:14 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

49 Pages V  « < 47 48 49  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Shelton Marries....again, 3abn
Whitey
post Feb 5 2008, 05:03 AM
Post #721

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 581

http://downloads.amazingfacts.org/shows/BAL/BA20080120.WMA

In this audio version of Bible Answers Online Doug Batchelor states firmly that if one has done adultery in one's mind it is still no legal reason to divorce one's spouse for doing such. Thus making what D.Shelton did with Linda biblically unjust when he pushed for a divorce because of "spiritual adultery".

The question comes 11:45 (minutes/seconds) into the show. Push the fast-forward button until your W. medium player shows the time in the time counter.

This post has been edited by Whitey: Feb 5 2008, 05:10 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ian
post Feb 5 2008, 07:26 AM
Post #722

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(Whitey @ Feb 5 2008, 06:03 AM) *
http://downloads.amazingfacts.org/shows/BAL/BA20080120.WMA
In this audio version of Bible Answers Online Doug Batchelor states firmly that if one has done adultery in one's mind it is still no legal reason to divorce one's spouse for doing such. Thus making what D.Shelton did with Linda biblically unjust when he pushed for a divorce because of "spiritual adultery".

The question comes 11:45 (minutes/seconds) into the show. Push the fast-forward button until your W. medium player shows the time in the time counter.

I've only seen those who are critical of DS or defensive of LS claim that Danny or 3abn claimed that Danny divorced Linda for spiritual adultery, and than proceed to argue about that, or make a arguement as you do above based on that premise

I've asked for quote or reference (from DS or 3ABN) to document this, many times, but haven't ever received even one.

What I did find on my own, was a reference to Danny saying the marriage counsellors told Linda that at the time they went to them. This was months before the divorce and even the Doctors trip to the U.S etc..

I also saw a letter from Dr Thompson explaining that the term "spiritual adultery" came from those same marriage counsellors.

That's it.

So I still wonder how this came be so widely believed here? dunno.gif maybe people kept repeating it so much they came to believe it? again dunno.gif

edited to add clarifications in italics due to Observers post

This post has been edited by Ian: Feb 5 2008, 11:37 AM

+Quote Post
Observer
post Feb 5 2008, 08:08 AM
Post #723

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Ian @ Feb 5 2008, 06:26 AM) *
I've only seen those who are critical of DS or defensive of LS claim that Danny divorced Linda for spiritual adultery.

I've asked for quote or reference to document this, many times, but haven't ever received even one.

What I did find on my own, was a reference to Danny saying the marriage counsellors told Linda that at the time they went to them. This was months before the divorce and even the Doctors trip to the U.S etc..

I also saw a letter from Dr Thompson explaining that the term "spiritual adultery" came from those same marriage counsellors.

That's it.

So I still wonder how this came be so widely believed here? dunno.gif maybe people kept repeating it so much they came to believe it? again dunno.gif

I have not generally understood people as accusing Danny of divorcing Linda for spiritual adultery. Rather I have understood that the claim generally made by those who defend Linda and criticize Danny, has been that Danny was either not justified in divorcing Linda or was not justified in his remarriage on the basis of spiritual adultery. This is a distinction that I think is important.

As I defend Linda, I will state again my posiiton on the marital issues which I have stated a number of times before:

1) I have never criticized Danny for divorcing Linda. Divorce happens. Marriages go sour. I do not believe it to be helpful to criticize people who divorce. NOTE: This does not mean that I blame Linda.

2) I have never criticized Danny for his remarriage. Individuals who are involved in divorce make their own deciisions on remarriage. I do not criticize them for the decisions that they make. I am more liberal in regard to remarriage after divorce than some of the people who post here.

3) I have said, and I still maintain: Linda did not give Danny grounds to divorce her and to remarry that would be considered Biblical by the typical conservative SDA. I do not claim that she was perfect. As I have said, she may have burned his toast one morning for breakfast. I do not consider any marriage to be perfect, to include mine. I do not consider it helpful to discuss/debate the specific marital issues that may have existed in the marriage of Danny and Linda.

4) My focus in this situation has been on issues other than the marital ones. That is where I will continue to focus.

This post has been edited by Observer: Feb 5 2008, 08:09 AM

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 5 2008, 08:32 AM
Post #724

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

good points Observer.... let me add, that the divorce and remarriage is a done deal, that horse has left the barn.... no need to continually revisit (IMO) because it will not be undone.... what would people want? For Mr. Shelton to divorce his present wife and remarry Linda? That would be a hot mess....

Not saying I condone it, but as you said, marriages do go bad and people move on....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post

49 Pages V  « < 47 48 49
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:49 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church