Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8572&st=90 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:49:21 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

49 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Shelton Marries....again, 3abn
calvin
post Apr 5 2006, 12:24 PM
Post #91

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(summertime @ Apr 5 2006, 09:43 AM) [snapback]125391[/snapback]

I hope that we will all notice the legal contract between Linda and 3ABN is before taxes which will probably be a huge chunk of it. It really is a payoff for keeping quiet about Danny or anything or anyone else to have to do with 3ABN. If she talks about anything this contract is revoked. Read the contract and see if I am right or wrong about this.This is how they have treated the co-founder of 3ABN. Danny calls himself the founder of 3ABN but there is a co-founder, Linda. Remember, friends, I am only an observer, not an authority that can give advice. Once again, I do not know Linda or Danny, I have never talked to either one of them, I have never been to 3ABN and even though I live close to 3ABN I will never go there. But I have found great friendliness on your forum and I hope, if you will let me, to stay around for a long time. Thank you, Calvin.

Keep in mind 3ABN is very much a business. This type of contract is a standard business practice for employees, partners, co-owners, regardless of the relationship when they are severed from the company. You want the money? Got to keep you mouth shut for a period of time and can’t sue us. Severance agreements for executives are usually negotiated upon initial employment or and some other time afterward. We can’t say it is fair or not, it is what Linda agreed to. Having spent some time in corporate compensation, I say she got a pretty good deal. It is unheard of for someone to post their severance agreement on a public Internet site. Sounds like Linda are soliciting for a big pity party.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 5 2006, 12:28 PM
Post #92

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

I don't know if its pity or not, but from the start she has gotten the short end of the stick, been shafted as it were.... so I don't mind if she is... I wish she would have told it all, cause its a hot mess...

Severance or not, it was not right... especially since there was a marriage and probably no pre-nup...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Peachesevie
post Apr 5 2006, 12:53 PM
Post #93

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,117

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 5 2006, 01:28 PM) [snapback]125416[/snapback]

I don't know if its pity or not, but from the start she has gotten the short end of the stick, been shafted as it were.... so I don't mind if she is... I wish she would have told it all, cause its a hot mess...

Severance or not, it was not right... especially since there was a marriage and probably no pre-nup...

WE WANT PRE-NUP... furious.gif wallbash.gif rofl1.gif

--------------------
"Don't cry me a river, but a seven mile beach."

"Some say go for it; I say make it come to you."

"If you were to drop your heart into me, you would never hear it touch the bottom."

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Apr 5 2006, 01:00 PM
Post #94

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(calvin @ Apr 5 2006, 02:24 PM) [snapback]125415[/snapback]

Sounds like Linda are soliciting for a big pity party.

No... she is doing all that the agreement allows her to do; during the course of it she cannot defend herself overtly.

The interesting stuff will occur the day after she receives the last payment from the severance settlement; the gag comes off at that point...and neither Danny or 3ABN will be able to stop her from telling her side...given the lengths both have gone to to keep he silent on this, I'd say there is a story there that needs telling...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
calvin
post Apr 5 2006, 01:10 PM
Post #95

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

Well, she can’t tell all until her agreement expires. Maybe she will then. People get fired for all types of reasons, it happens. When you take the emotion out of it and view as a business transaction (what did I get when fired) $90K lump sum and two yeas severance ain’t a bad deal. At my company the standard is one week for each $10K in salary and one week pay for each year of service, capped at one year pay, that is unless you where able to negotiate something else when hired. .

+Quote Post
Zephyr
post Apr 5 2006, 01:35 PM
Post #96

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,556

QUOTE(clay)
I don't know if its pity or not, but from the start she has gotten the short end of the stick, been shafted as it were....
Make..up..yr..mind...either...she..was.shafted..or..got..the..short..end..of..the...stick...R..U..suggesting...that..the..eason..for..the..divorce...was...this...stick...issue?

--------------------
"I believe what my church teaches.
My church teaches what I believe.
My church and I believe the same thing."--The Apostate's Creed.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Apr 5 2006, 02:23 PM
Post #97

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(calvin @ Apr 5 2006, 03:10 PM) [snapback]125425[/snapback]

Well, she can’t tell all until her agreement expires. Maybe she will then. People get fired for all types of reasons, it happens. When you take the emotion out of it and view as a business transaction (what did I get when fired) $90K lump sum and two yeas severance ain’t a bad deal. At my company the standard is one week for each $10K in salary and one week pay for each year of service, capped at one year pay, that is unless you where able to negotiate something else when hired. .

As severance agreements go, it's decent... as divorce settlements go when she is the co-founder of a multimillion dollar television enterprise and there was no pre-nup... she got hosed. Add to it being dragged through the mud and accused of all kinds of things while being forbidden to give her side and it becomes clear that Danny's camp was playing the game by rules with which she was not remotely familiar...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Zephyr
post Apr 5 2006, 02:50 PM
Post #98

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,556

QUOTE(summertime)
I guess that most people know that Danny's daughter, Melody is not doing much traveling now because she has remarried---also without grounds of adultry for the divorce from her other children's father. We need to have prayers for one another--don't let Satan win in this battle.
Thanks summertime. That explains a lot. I like Melody and her music. Over a two day period I noticed tht her name had changed and I thought I had made an error. Now that explains everything. Poor kids...

--------------------
"I believe what my church teaches.
My church teaches what I believe.
My church and I believe the same thing."--The Apostate's Creed.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Apr 5 2006, 02:54 PM
Post #99

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Peachesevie @ Apr 5 2006, 01:53 PM) [snapback]125421[/snapback]

WE WANT PRE-NUP... furious.gif wallbash.gif rofl1.gif

rofl1.gif roflmao.gif rofl1.gif
QUOTE(Zephyr @ Apr 5 2006, 02:35 PM) [snapback]125428[/snapback]

Make..up..yr..mind...either...she..was.shafted..or..got..the..short..end..of..the...stick...
R..U..suggesting...that..the..reason..for..the..divorce...was...this...stick...issue?

dunno.gif
QUOTE(Zephyr @ Apr 5 2006, 03:50 PM) [snapback]125436[/snapback]

Thanks summertime. That explains a lot. I like Melody and her music. Over a two day period I noticed tht her name had changed and I thought I had made an error. Now that explains everything. Poor kids...

De apple don't fall fer from de tree naw chile.....
nono.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 5 2006, 03:04 PM
Post #100

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Right Calvin this is an excellent agreement for an employee, as Kevin says it is the shaft for a co-founder. What is doesn't say is that they required Linda to sign away any rights she had to the profits of 3ABN, a ministry/business she helped to build, in order to get $225,000.00.

Danny is very fortunate it was Linda, I would have told it to Oprah and anybody else who would listen. There is a reason they want her quiet, and it is not because she was cheating, that was his story.

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Apr 5 2006, 12:23 PM) [snapback]125432[/snapback]

As severance agreements go, it's decent... as divorce settlements go when she is the co-founder of a multimillion dollar television enterprise and there was no pre-nup... she got hosed. Add to it being dragged through the mud and accused of all kinds of things while being forbidden to give her side and it becomes clear that Danny's camp was playing the game by rules with which she was not remotely familiar...

In His service,
Mr. J

Gon start chargin' you rent!!! LOL!!!
QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Apr 5 2006, 12:54 PM) [snapback]125438[/snapback]

nono.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Apr 5 2006, 03:08 PM
Post #101

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

QUOTE(princessdi @ Apr 5 2006, 04:04 PM) [snapback]125440[/snapback]

Gon start chargin' you rent!!! LOL!!!

My Lerd!

giggle.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
summertime
post Apr 5 2006, 03:37 PM
Post #102

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Apr 5 2006, 02:54 PM) [snapback]125438[/snapback]

rofl1.gif roflmao.gif rofl1.gif

dunno.gif

nono.gif

Melody will add to her group of children in undue time--shorter than she should--that is why they were both rebaptized the week after they were married. God bless all those children

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 5 2006, 03:43 PM
Post #103

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

I'm confused. Ok, Re' was just basically saying, like father, like daughter. But who got rebaptised before getting married, Danny or Melody? BTW, when exactly did Brandy join the church/get baptised?

QUOTE(summertime @ Apr 5 2006, 01:37 PM) [snapback]125454[/snapback]

Melody will add to her group of children in undue time--shorter than she should--that is why they were both rebaptized the week after they were married. God bless all those children

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Apr 5 2006, 03:48 PM
Post #104

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

QUOTE(princessdi @ Apr 5 2006, 04:43 PM) [snapback]125456[/snapback]

I'm confused. Ok, Re' was just basically saying, like father, like daughter. But who got rebaptised before getting married, Danny or Melody? BTW, when exactly did Brandy join the church/get baptised?

...and is rebaptizism the "new" ticket out of trouble?

dunno.gif

"I'll jes cut the fool and act a nut...besides - I can get 're-baptized' and start over again next month...." blink.gif

huh.gif

dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
denisebyers
post Apr 5 2006, 03:51 PM
Post #105

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,654

Hello, I wanted to post some events that took place during the weekend with Linda Shelton. This is a copy from Club Adventist from Friend:

The weekend was wonderful. On Friday night, Linda pretty well opened herself up, to the extent she could, and tried to get discussion on the last two years done and out of the way. There were several ladies there who are staying in a shelter for abused women, and they said that they were very blessed and encouraged by Linda's story.

The Sabbath sermon will have to speak for itself. It was taped and will become available. I'll let you know more as soon as I know. We both got the flu on Friday, but during the events we felt fine.

While there, Linda taped two pilots for a new television series. More on that later.
[size=5][color=#3333FF]

I am excited and will be one of the first to get those tapes! Also, I am happy to hear that she is going to do a television series! The Lord is blessing and vindicating!!! Praise God!!!

QUOTE(denisebyers @ Apr 5 2006, 05:48 PM) [snapback]125458[/snapback]

Hello, I wanted to post some events that took place during the weekend with Linda Shelton. This is a copy from Club Adventist from Friend:

The weekend was wonderful. On Friday night, Linda pretty well opened herself up, to the extent she could, and tried to get discussion on the last two years done and out of the way. There were several ladies there who are staying in a shelter for abused women, and they said that they were very blessed and encouraged by Linda's story.

The Sabbath sermon will have to speak for itself. It was taped and will become available. I'll let you know more as soon as I know. We both got the flu on Friday, but during the events we felt fine.

While there, Linda taped two pilots for a new television series. More on that later.
[size=5][color=#3333FF]

I am excited and will be one of the first to get those tapes! Also, I am happy to hear that she is going to do a television series! The Lord is blessing and vindicating!!! Praise God!!!

I wonder why my colors and size didn't come out. Anybody know what I did wong? sad.gif

+Quote Post

49 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:49 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church