Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8572&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:49:11 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

49 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Shelton Marries....again, 3abn
Guest_statrei_*
post Mar 24 2006, 10:08 AM
Post #16

Guests

QUOTE(Peachesevie @ Mar 24 2006, 10:53 AM) [snapback]123025[/snapback]

By the way how old is he? and how old is linda? Just curious giggle.gif

According to AToday he is 54 and she is 33. She is also a recent convert to Adventism. Reminds me of a song from home, "A brand new secondhand."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Peachesevie
post Mar 24 2006, 10:13 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,117

QUOTE(statrei @ Mar 24 2006, 11:08 AM) [snapback]123030[/snapback]

According to AToday he is 54 and she is 33. She is also a recent convert to Adventism. Reminds me of a song from home, "A brand new secondhand."

sounds to me like someone got tired of the old and replaced it with the new. with the excuse of "spiritual adultery" some people wish they had been that smart bangin.gif

--------------------
"Don't cry me a river, but a seven mile beach."

"Some say go for it; I say make it come to you."

"If you were to drop your heart into me, you would never hear it touch the bottom."

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Mar 24 2006, 10:15 AM
Post #18

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

QUOTE(Peachesevie @ Mar 24 2006, 10:13 AM) [snapback]123033[/snapback]

sounds to me like someone got tired of the old and replaced it with the new. with the excuse of "spiritual adultery" some people wish they had been that smart bangin.gif

scratchchin.gif

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Denny
post Mar 24 2006, 10:20 AM
Post #19

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Peachesevie @ Mar 24 2006, 04:13 PM) [snapback]123033[/snapback]

Mid life crisis - Adventist style..........

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Mar 24 2006, 10:21 AM
Post #20

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 24 2006, 12:02 PM) [snapback]123012[/snapback]

that's where the "spiritual adultery" comes in....

That's his story and he's sticking to it. yes.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post Mar 24 2006, 10:22 AM
Post #21

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 984

QUOTE(Peachesevie @ Mar 24 2006, 10:13 AM) [snapback]123033[/snapback]

...which makes me wonder how "new" the "new" really is... scratchchin.gif

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post
Denny
post Mar 24 2006, 10:24 AM
Post #22

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Mar 24 2006, 03:46 PM) [snapback]123023[/snapback]

I read something on Linda Shelton's website that did concern me regarding that...

"Q. What about phone calls? Did you talk to someone regularly of the opposite sex?
A.I met Dr. Abrahamsen, a 60 year old physician, elder and counselor, briefly at 3ABN the last week of December 2003. He began treating my son, Nathan, in January 2004. We began speaking on the phone in regards to Nathan’s problems when "the problem" began. Since Dr. Abrahamsen lived 6,000 miles away, and "the problem" involved some high profile people, I felt this was the best option. Typically I do not believe it is proper to speak regularly to people of the opposite sex when one is married. However, I do believe in a crisis situation the rules change. One must get help where one can find it."

It sounds like she may have believed that there was something wrong here....While the quote does not call it that, there is an implied "this is wrong, but because it was a crisi situation, it can be excused"... blink.gif

http://www.lindashelton.org/questions.html

Whether in context of a crises or not it is not a sin to speak to someone on the phone who is helping you with a situation no matter the gender, and the fact it seems she could not involve her husband in this speaks volumes. Too me it still seems he divorced her at the drop of a hat. Perhaps there were cracks in the marriage anyway and this incident just exposed the crack.

--------------------
Queen Den

+Quote Post
Peachesevie
post Mar 24 2006, 10:25 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Nuggie @ Mar 24 2006, 11:22 AM) [snapback]123042[/snapback]

maybe i shoulda said "younger" dunno.gif

--------------------

"If you were to drop your heart into me, you would never hear it touch the bottom."

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Mar 24 2006, 10:31 AM
Post #24

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

QUOTE(Denny @ Mar 24 2006, 10:24 AM) [snapback]123044[/snapback]

Whether in context of a crises or not it is not a sin to speak to someone on the phone who is helping you with a situation no matter the gender, and the fact it seems she could not involve her husband in this speaks volumes. Too me it still seems he divorced her at the drop of a hat. Perhaps there were cracks in the marriage anyway and this incident just exposed the crack.

ITA--There is a definitely "rest of the story..." yes.gif

My point in the post was it implies that "she believed in spiritual adultery" --but just stated that it did not happen because she was trying to get help for her son... huh.gif

QUOTE(Peachesevie @ Mar 24 2006, 10:25 AM) [snapback]123045[/snapback]

no2.gif afro.gif

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post Mar 24 2006, 10:33 AM
Post #25

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 984

QUOTE(Peachesevie @ Mar 24 2006, 10:25 AM) [snapback]123045[/snapback]

Well, my mind was going in another direction...not having anything to do with age...

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post
Denny
post Mar 24 2006, 10:46 AM
Post #26

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Mar 24 2006, 04:31 PM) [snapback]123048[/snapback]

ITA--There is a definitely "rest of the story..." yes.gif

My point in the post was it implies that "she believed in spiritual adultery" --but just stated that it did not happen because she was trying to get help for her son... huh.gif

no2.gif afro.gif

She probably did and so did he but that conviently worked in one of em's favour... I wonder whose belief it was first... moral of the story- as a spouse make sure one'smoral code is based on God and not one spouse's... it may come back to haunt ya!

--------------------
Queen Den

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 24 2006, 11:03 AM
Post #27

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

I don't think she believe in spiritual adultery as much as the appearance of evil. No married woman should spend extended amounts of time in phone or face to face conversations with a man "just to talk".

I am with Den, I was appalled when I first realized that he told his whole side without even mentioning her son, that he had been raising all these years, nor that they were trying to get him help. So the fact that he was not a part of this family situation says whole lot about his character as a man, and Brandy would wan't to take note as to how he is treating a step child who didn't turn out "just right".

Old goat!!! This is one of the worst cases of middle crisis, I have ever seen. He should have just bought a sports car!

QUOTE(Nuggie @ Mar 24 2006, 08:22 AM) [snapback]123042[/snapback]

Gurl, if you dont' get outta my mouth!!!

This post has been edited by princessdi: Mar 24 2006, 11:05 AM

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Peachesevie
post Mar 24 2006, 11:29 AM
Post #28

Advanced Member

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 24 2006, 12:03 PM) [snapback]123058[/snapback]

I don't think she believe in spiritual adultery as much as the appearance of evil. No married woman should spend extended amounts of time in phone or face to face conversations with a man "just to talk".

I am with Den, I was appalled when I first realized that he told his whole side without even mentioning her son, that he had been raising all these years, nor that they were trying to get him help. So the fact that he was not a part of this family situation says whole lot about his character as a man, and Brandy would wan't to take note as to how he is treating a step child who didn't turn out "just right".

Old goat!!! This is one of the worst cases of middle crisis, I have ever seen. He should have just bought a sports car!Gurl, if you dont' get outta my mouth!!!

I guess a sports car of any brand would have been more expensive than a divorse and a wedding doh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 24 2006, 11:47 AM
Post #29

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Peachesevie @ Mar 24 2006, 11:29 AM) [snapback]123062[/snapback]

I guess a sports car of any brand would have been more expensive than a divorse and a wedding doh.gif

probably... he could have gotten this for about 72k..... and saved himself some trouble......

IPB Image

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Mar 24 2006, 01:18 PM
Post #30

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Denny @ Mar 24 2006, 01:24 PM) [snapback]123044[/snapback]

QUOTE(Denny @ Mar 24 2006, 01:24 PM) [snapback]123044[/snapback]

I appreciate what you are saying. We don't know but it is likely that she attempted to involve her husband but we have no idea if he was receptive. If she did not share information with DS then how did he know how often she spoke to the man or, for how long? Yeah, yeah, I know phone bills. But even if I do believe in spiritual adultery, I will talk to whomever can assist me with one of my children were seriously ill. Would the same attitude apply if she was in contact with a Dr. on DS's behalf. Even though they both believe that certain behavior gives the appearance of evil that does not, in any way, justify his behavior toward her. To accuse her publicly then have the law prevent her from defending herself. To retape shows that had her in them etc. foolish and seems spiteful. In addition to threatening others who might have given her support, whether folks who were affiliated with the show or not (BSDA). None of that was Christ like in any way.

It seems fishy that he has a woman waiting in the wings, has gotten a quickie divorce and remarried before this business with his wife is settled. Any woman with children who would let herself get involved with someone so high profile in any organization should be seriously considering the way he has treated his wife of so many years and how he has handled this situation, should have been a big eye opener for her. But that is on her, IMO. I feel for her children and pray they will be ok.

This post has been edited by seraph|m: Mar 24 2006, 01:26 PM

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post

49 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:49 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church