Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8572&st=120 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:49:25 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

49 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Shelton Marries....again, 3abn
Clay
post Apr 6 2006, 08:32 AM
Post #121

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Apr 6 2006, 08:29 AM) [snapback]125525[/snapback]

But IF as the record from Danny himself on 3ABN is concerned, THE BOARD terminated her...it would not matter that she was the wife...that has happened before... yes.gif

it should have mattered.... you don't treat people that way, not as a christian... and you really don't treat your wife that way even if you are about to divorce her on bogus allegations....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sister
post Apr 6 2006, 08:32 AM
Post #122

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 762

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Apr 6 2006, 09:29 AM) [snapback]125525[/snapback]

But IF as the record from Danny himself on 3ABN is concerned, THE BOARD terminated her...it would not matter that she was the wife...that has happened before... yes.gif

Dr. Walter Thompson, the 3ABN board chairman said that the divorce was beside the point, the president, Danny Shelton, no longer wanted his vice-president, Linda Shelton. The board acted upon Danny desire.

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Apr 6 2006, 08:35 AM
Post #123

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

QUOTE(sister @ Apr 5 2006, 06:11 PM) [snapback]125474[/snapback]

This might bring some daylight into things:

Danny Shelton had no grounds, Biblically, to divorce Linda and remarry in the SDA church. But he did. Brandi was baptised at the same time as Melody's daughter---Fall 2005 3ABN Campmeeting.

Melody Shelton Mundall Firestone had no grounds, Biblically, to divorce, remarry and divorce again her first husband (which makes him her first and second husband and the father of 4 of her children) and marry Mr. Firestone in the SDA church. Before she married Mr. Firestone, she was carrying his child. Both are SDA. After they married they were rebaptised. By the way C. A. Murry, who should have known better, preformed the ceremony.

But this goes to back to the thread in Adventist Forum...IF she was re-baptized privately, then she IS a new creature like everyone else who sins, is baptized and FORGIVEN; C.A.Murray would then be well with his call as a pastor to perform the wedding....

As I do not know anything publically or privately about Melody (PTL.gif), there is nothing else I can say on that..... May God bless them all... yes.gif

QUOTE(sister @ Apr 6 2006, 09:32 AM) [snapback]125527[/snapback]

Dr. Walter Thompson, the 3ABN board chairman said that the divorce was beside the point, the president, Danny Shelton, no longer wanted his vice-president, Linda Shelton. The board acted upon Danny desire.

IF that is true, it was still the BOARD's decision...period. They could have said "no"...

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
sister
post Apr 6 2006, 08:42 AM
Post #124

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 6 2006, 09:32 AM) [snapback]125526[/snapback]

it should have mattered.... you don't treat people that way, not as a christian... and you really don't treat your wife that way even if you are about to divorce her on bogus allegations....

You are right Clay. That aint no way for a Christian man to treat his woman, even if the divorce is based on a lie. But, a Christian man doesn't do a lot of what Danny Shelton has done.

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Apr 6 2006, 09:35 AM) [snapback]125529[/snapback]

But this goes to back to the thread in Adventist Forum...IF she was re-baptized privately, then she IS a new creature like everyone else who sins, is baptized and FORGIVEN; C.A.Murray would then be well with his call as a pastor to perform the wedding....

As I do not know anything publically or privately about Melody (PTL.gif), there is nothing else I can say on that..... May God bless them all... yes.gif

IF that is true, it was still the BOARD's decision...period. They could have said "no"...

Melody and her current husband were not rebaptised until a while later after their marriage. I too wish them God's blessings and a new future together.

As far as the board goes at 3ABN, Danny has said, "I have them in my pocket, they approve any thing I want." The board NEVER says NO to Danny. It is a stacked board and does the job Danny has given them to do.

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Apr 6 2006, 08:57 AM
Post #125

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

QUOTE(sister @ Apr 6 2006, 08:42 AM) [snapback]125531[/snapback]

You are right Clay. That aint no way for a Christian man to treat his woman, even if the divorce is based on a lie. But, a Christian man doesn't do a lot of what Danny Shelton has done.
Melody and her current husband were not rebaptised until a while later after their marriage. I too wish them God's blessings and a new future together.

As far as the board goes at 3ABN, Danny has said, "I have them in my pocket, they approve any thing I want." The board NEVER says NO to Danny. It is a stacked board and does the job Danny has given them to do.

But the Board also still has to answer to GOD...IF it was a wrong or coerced/political call, God will still bless the ministry for the Kingdom and then could POSSIBILY say... "Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'"--Matthew 7:23....

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 6 2006, 09:18 AM
Post #126

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Apr 6 2006, 08:57 AM) [snapback]125536[/snapback]

But the Board also still has to answer to GOD...IF it was a wrong or coerced/political call, God will still bless the ministry for the Kingdom and then could POSSIBILY say... "Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'"--Matthew 7:23....

forget "the board." As a man who was taking action against his soon to be ex-wife, he should have taken the high road, not allowed her to be embarrassed or her reputation tarnished just so he could get his way....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Apr 6 2006, 09:27 AM
Post #127

Guests

Let's get real here. Boards are supposed to be stacked. You don't put your enemies on the board.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 6 2006, 09:43 AM
Post #128

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(statrei @ Apr 6 2006, 10:27 AM) [snapback]125539[/snapback]

Let's get real here. Boards are supposed to be stacked. You don't put your enemies on the board.

correct... which is why it fell on the "integrity" of Mr. Shelton to just do the right thing.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
sister
post Apr 6 2006, 10:14 AM
Post #129

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 6 2006, 10:43 AM) [snapback]125541[/snapback]

correct... which is why it fell on the "integrity" of Mr. Shelton to just do the right thing.....

Integrity = Danny Shelton

Now that is an oximoran, if the truth be told.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 6 2006, 10:19 AM
Post #130

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sister @ Apr 6 2006, 10:14 AM) [snapback]125545[/snapback]

Integrity = Danny Shelton

Now that is an oximoran, if the truth be told.

while I do not know Mr. Shelton, in my opinion this situation could have been handled much better, Linda could have been treated justly/fairly and ultimately he would have been viewed in a more favorable light..... while everyone would not have been satisfied, clearly the way this was handled was not the best way... but that's just me....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Denny
post Apr 6 2006, 10:35 AM
Post #131

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 2

And I thought soap operas were made up stories......

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 6 2006, 11:46 AM
Post #132

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Denny @ Apr 6 2006, 11:35 AM) [snapback]125550[/snapback]

And I thought soap operas were made up stories......

soap operas are... this is real life... and life is usually stranger than fiction....

--------------------

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Apr 6 2006, 12:55 PM
Post #133

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 6 2006, 12:19 PM) [snapback]125548[/snapback]

while I do not know Mr. Shelton, in my opinion this situation could have been handled much better, Linda could have been treated justly/fairly and ultimately he would have been viewed in a more favorable light..... while everyone would not have been satisfied, clearly the way this was handled was not the best way... but that's just me....

He would not have been justified to remarry another woman if Linda was not accused of adultery. If he told the truth and said, "she's getting old and I have my eye on this young'un over there" he'd have been universally condemned... to get what he wanted he had to throw her under the bus.

I just cant figure for the life of me why she'd let herself be hit by said bus without putting up much of a fight... she had leverage; she just didn't use it.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 6 2006, 12:57 PM
Post #134

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

No, Priscilla, if 3ABN is business then it is all business. In business you give you employees owed severance and /or a bonus when they leave your employ, however, you "buy out" partners. Linda was a partner, they built 4ABN together. A "bonus' can't legally be a consideration. They knew they weren't giving her what she should have, and the proof is in the separation document. It says that she would get a certain amount of money only if she kept quiet and didn't sue them for more. Those are not my words, but theirs. It means she was owed more and they some how got her to settle for less. They got her to "settle" out of court for an amount that was less than she deserved, while trying to move post haste to ensure her silence. You dern tootin' Danny ain't telling all he knows, but it ain't about Linda. like I and others have said, he's been telling his side all the time.

Why he felt is necessary to "pay" Linda for her silence while cheating her out of her rightful benefits of the ministry/busines she helped to build?

He probably would say that he gave her, her 'share' and that the money wasn't for silence..that was just a bonus. See? It's all in the words and the angle...aaah, perspective.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 6 2006, 01:18 PM
Post #135

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Apr 6 2006, 01:55 PM) [snapback]125568[/snapback]

He would not have been justified to remarry another woman if Linda was not accused of adultery. If he told the truth and said, "she's getting old and I have my eye on this young'un over there" he'd have been universally condemned... to get what he wanted he had to throw her under the bus.

I just cant figure for the life of me why she'd let herself be hit by said bus without putting up much of a fight... she had leverage; she just didn't use it.

In His service,
Mr. J

Truism Kevin..... "so dark the con of man...."

--------------------

+Quote Post

49 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:49 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church