Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8572&st=150 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:49:29 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

49 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Shelton Marries....again, 3abn
Prisca
post Apr 8 2006, 05:53 AM
Post #151

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 11

QUOTE(summertime @ Apr 7 2006, 09:04 PM) [snapback]125759[/snapback]

Thank you again, Priscilla, do I understand you to mean that it is OK with God if I plan ahead to do something against the commandment of God, then with premediated sin in my book in heaven, then do you think that God will forgive? Say, I plan to go next door, and sock my neighbor---I had planned on doing this for many days. OK, now the deed is done, and I go to my bed, kneel down, and ask God to forgive me. Do you understand what I am trying to say? A deliberated, planned ahead sin against my neighbor knowing full well that it is wrong, but also knowing that it is alright to go and sock my neighbor, if I immediately pray for forgiveness from God. This is a question that has been debated in my home with my family and I really want your opinion.

What was David's prayer? It is called presumptuous sinning. Only the person and God really knows if it is premeditated. They are the ones who 'tell somebody' about it. David did just that. It stayed on his conscious for the rest of his life. We can see it in the way he treated his wife, his children, he was morally paralyzed because of that sin, yet he was forgiven. There is NO sin that is confessed that does not get forgiveness. It is the heart of the repentent that is the deciding factor, not the sin.

There is another sin that is strange to me. I could call it the Peter syndrome. When you don't really want to sin at all, but somehow find yourself in Satan's hands and aren't really aware of the damage you are doing, until it is 'alllll over' then you, like the prodigal 'come to yourself', get up and start home.

priscilla
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
summertime
post Apr 8 2006, 01:02 PM
Post #152

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(Prisca @ Apr 8 2006, 06:53 AM) [snapback]125799[/snapback]

What was David's prayer? It is called presumptuous sinning. Only the person and God really knows if it is premeditated. They are the ones who 'tell somebody' about it. David did just that. It stayed on his conscious for the rest of his life. We can see it in the way he treated his wife, his children, he was morally paralyzed because of that sin, yet he was forgiven. There is NO sin that is confessed that does not get forgiveness. It is the heart of the repentent that is the deciding factor, not the sin.

There is another sin that is strange to me. I could call it the Peter syndrome. When you don't really want to sin at all, but somehow find yourself in Satan's hands and aren't really aware of the damage you are doing, until it is 'alllll over' then you, like the prodigal 'come to yourself', get up and start home.

priscilla

Hi, Priscilla, OK. my neighbor tells me that she wants to divorce her husband who has been loyal to her and marry the man next door because he is younger and has more money. Can I tell her to go ahead and afterward the Lord will forgive her . OK? Now do you see where I am coming from? I appreciate your talking to me.

+Quote Post
Prisca
post Apr 8 2006, 06:52 PM
Post #153

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(summertime @ Apr 8 2006, 07:02 PM) [snapback]125836[/snapback]

Hi, Priscilla, OK. my neighbor tells me that she wants to divorce her husband who has been loyal to her and marry the man next door because he is younger and has more money. Can I tell her to go ahead and afterward the Lord will forgive her . OK? Now do you see where I am coming from? I appreciate your talking to me.

I loooove talking to you. You're my father's favorite song, did I tell you that? Fish are jumpin...etc. etc. But no, you can't tell a person to go ahead and commit a premediated sin. You try your best to show them 'from Scripture' that what they are doing is wrong, however, once they have gone ahead and 'dun dun it' you can't just turn your back and say, you're on your own with that sin, girl, I am SURE God will not forgive you. You stand the risk of having her forgiven by God in spite of her 'blackout' and your NOT being forgiven because of your anymosity toward her. Is that possible? Remember we are not responsible for the sin of others. This is why some ministers will marry almost anyone, at least if they are in the same religion. They don't want to be judges.

Priscilla

+Quote Post
summertime
post Apr 9 2006, 10:12 AM
Post #154

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Prisca @ Apr 8 2006, 07:52 PM) [snapback]125861[/snapback]

I loooove talking to you. You're my father's favorite song, did I tell you that? Fish are jumpin...etc. etc. But no, you can't tell a person to go ahead and commit a premediated sin. You try your best to show them 'from Scripture' that what they are doing is wrong, however, once they have gone ahead and 'dun dun it' you can't just turn your back and say, you're on your own with that sin, girl, I am SURE God will not forgive you. You stand the risk of having her forgiven by God in spite of her 'blackout' and your NOT being forgiven because of your anymosity toward her. Is that possible? Remember we are not responsible for the sin of others. This is why some ministers will marry almost anyone, at least if they are in the same religion. They don't want to be judges.

Priscilla

Priscilla, I don't know what your occupation is, but you would be a very nice, competent legal and Biblical advisor. So we have come around to the point that it was alright for Danny to plan ahead to blacken Linda's name, accuse her of something she did not do, hurt her in everyway that he possibly could, and then marry a young, newly baptized (Thank God for that) girl and then make it appear that it was right for him to do so. Then he goes to a college where many young, impressionable minds are sitting in the pews when he introduces his beautiful, new, young wife to all these college students--I have young relatives at Andrews, REmember that he had planned to do this all along. Of course, in the long run, if he really determines that what he did was wrong and he confesses it to God and to the world, God will forgive him. But what would that do to his young wife? And what could it do to all the young people, Married and unmarried who are influenced by 3ABN?. Even the senior pastor and I believe, that it ws the President of Andrews, stood beside him and glorified the marriage. How does God feel in the midst of all of this? A man stands at the head of 3ABN who is a liar, an adulterer, and a deceitful man---And our pastors and other highly advanced officers of our church seem to be accepting it as a good thing. We would expell a child from school for going that far to hurt other people, but the denominatiion as a whole, are thinking that it is a good thing and that Linda should sit in the corner and do the work of God wherever and whenever she can. When and how are we, as the body of the church who is sending God's word to the world, rectify this example to the young SDA youth of the future? It really worries me for the children who will be our future church.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 9 2006, 10:17 AM
Post #155

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

you have described a tangled mess...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Prisca
post Apr 9 2006, 02:00 PM
Post #156

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(summertime @ Apr 9 2006, 04:12 PM) [snapback]125907[/snapback]

Priscilla, I don't know what your occupation is, but you would be a very nice, competent legal and Biblical advisor. So we have come around to the point that it was alright for Danny to plan ahead to blacken Linda's name, accuse her of something she did not do, hurt her in everyway that he possibly could, and then marry a young, newly baptized (Thank God for that) girl and then make it appear that it was right for him to do so. Then he goes to a college where many young, impressionable minds are sitting in the pews when he introduces his beautiful, new, young wife to all these college students--I have young relatives at Andrews, REmember that he had planned to do this all along. Of course, in the long run, if he really determines that what he did was wrong and he confesses it to God and to the world, God will forgive him. But what would that do to his young wife? And what could it do to all the young people, Married and unmarried who are influenced by 3ABN?. Even the senior pastor and I believe, that it ws the President of Andrews, stood beside him and glorified the marriage. How does God feel in the midst of all of this? A man stands at the head of 3ABN who is a liar, an adulterer, and a deceitful man---And our pastors and other highly advanced officers of our church seem to be accepting it as a good thing. We would expell a child from school for going that far to hurt other people, but the denominatiion as a whole, are thinking that it is a good thing and that Linda should sit in the corner and do the work of God wherever and whenever she can. When and how are we, as the body of the church who is sending God's word to the world, rectify this example to the young SDA youth of the future? It really worries me for the children who will be our future church.

Thank you for the compliment, many days I wish I had pursued that course instead of attempting brain surgery that tries to open the brains of children who don't want to learn...put the concept in and pull it out of their mouths, roll it down their arms and coax it onto paper. I love it , though, as you can see.
Now, I never said it was 'right'. I know of a couple right now. I met the distraught wife years ago and wondered who was the terrible monster that had torn up their happy home, ripping the father out of the home and sending him into the arms of sin. Then years later I met the 'other' couple. I realized that there just isn't anything to do...they are married, if only after a sort. I have to deal with this type of relationship on a daily basis. What of the new wife, what of the old, what of the pain and heartache of all concerned. Sometimes we think of Danny as a monster. Think...deceived if all the facts are in. Misled even. We know he isn't supposed to be smart enough to have planned all the legal matters that transpired. He can't go back to Linda. He can only go forward. Even if he realizes it was wrong. The deceived may be more dangerous than the planned sinner, don't you think?
As for the young people, who watch. I know...I hear it everyday (I have a few teenagers as well) They thrive on a good example, deeds, deeds and undeeds are their fare. I try to express the concept that deeds..whether good or bad don't really save us. Motives are the most important things. They moan about their parents and pastor and whoever..but it always comes back to some deed. What is wrong with that focus?

Priscilla

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Apr 9 2006, 02:12 PM
Post #157

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

I know of several of those "young people" that refused to go to PMC because of Danny and his "clean" act.

Young people see more than you know...and they talk about it too...

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
sister
post Apr 9 2006, 07:10 PM
Post #158

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(summertime @ Apr 9 2006, 11:12 AM) [snapback]125907[/snapback]

The Bible says that we will know a tree by the fruit it bears. There is an old childrens story about an Emporor that was walking down the street without his clothes. Like the tree all his fruit was there for everyone to see, but because he was a the man in charge, they ignored his condition and acted as if what he was doing was perfect alright. Then a small voice spoke out from the crowd and said, he is naked. No one wanted to believe what the small voice had said, to acknowlege the truth of it was to admit their own part in accepting the deception. Only when a few other brave voices joined in and the truth was echoed again and again, did some begin to look and see the truth. Meanwhile the Emporor continued his shameful parade in the midst of the people, not until the echos of that small voice became a shout, did the "good people" choose to "see" the truth and the Emporor was publically exposed for what he really was, for the fruit he bore that was there all the time.

So goes the "story" of Danny Shelton, he boldly parades his shameful behaviour through our churches and universities. And our presidents and pastors stand proudly beside him, ignoring the small voices of truth that say, "Look he is shamefull and parades his nakedness publically before us." We say he is white and it is none of our business, some of our older folks may support 3ABN, but not us. The Bible says that we are neither Greek or Jew, slave or free, males or female (and may I add black or white) but we are all one in Christ Jesus. That makes it our responsibility, too. There may be more black faces on 3ABN, but it is not because Danny loves the race. He is still the same "good old boy from southern Illinois" that he has always been. He is just looking to expend his platform of financial supporters. I still remember when he had some of the young folks from our college on his show and told them that of course there are no black angels, everyone knows that all the angels are white.

The Lord holds us all accountable for the light we are given...

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Apr 9 2006, 08:31 PM
Post #159

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(sister @ Apr 9 2006, 08:10 PM) [snapback]125946[/snapback]
I still remember when he had some of the young folks from our college on his show and told them that of course there are no black angels, everyone knows that all the angels are white.

I remember that, also. In that case, however, I am sure it was meant to be Danny's form of humor, even if it was misunderstood or fell flat.

The actual situation was like this, if my memory serves me correctly:

The 3ABN computer guy, Doug, had illustrated the three angels of Revelation 14 using another employee for the computer-generated model of these angels. Doug used one white guy for all three angels. At that time, Doug was using an Apple computer and various computer programs including Video Toaster with Lightwave.

As a result, all three angels that were displayed on the 3ABN screen for a few years, at the top of the hour, appeared as the same white guy dressed in an all-purpose bedsheet.

Therefore, I believe Danny said, "I have proof that angels are white," and he showed the Oakwood visitors Doug's computer-generated angels which, of course, were all white. 3ABN doesn't seem to be using that signature logotype animation today, so the story of the white angels probably loses something as the years go by.

I was in Doug's office at the time, for a brief visit, when these animations were created. I am absolutely certain there was nothing behind that particular story at all. Danny certainly has lots of problems right now, but belief in white angels isn't one of them.

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Apr 9 2006, 08:55 PM

+Quote Post
Denny
post Apr 10 2006, 04:53 AM
Post #160

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

QUOTE(summertime @ Apr 7 2006, 09:04 PM) [snapback]125759[/snapback]

Thank you again, Priscilla, do I understand you to mean that it is OK with God if I plan ahead to do something against the commandment of God, then with premediated sin in my book in heaven, then do you think that God will forgive? Say, I plan to go next door, and sock my neighbor---I had planned on doing this for many days. OK, now the deed is done, and I go to my bed, kneel down, and ask God to forgive me. Do you understand what I am trying to say? A deliberated, planned ahead sin against my neighbor knowing full well that it is wrong, but also knowing that it is alright to go and sock my neighbor, if I immediately pray for forgiveness from God. This is a question that has been debated in my home with my family and I really want your opinion.

Read the story of David and Bathsheba then read Psalm 51 (I am not Priscilla afro.gif )

As far as we know there is a lot of injustice in the Danny and Linda saga, one can express their displeasure to the powers that be but at the end of the day God's forgivenss is not limited just cos the story involves Danny Shelton we need to be careful we are so righteously indignant that we act like he or whoever has no right to be forigven - read the Lord's prayer there are no exceptions to the rule.

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 10 2006, 05:06 AM
Post #161

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Denny @ Apr 10 2006, 05:53 AM) [snapback]125975[/snapback]

Read the story of David and Bathsheba then read Psalm 51 (I am not Priscilla afro.gif )

As far as we know there is a lot of injustice in the Danny and Linda saga, one can express their displeasure to the powers that be but at the end of the day God's forgivenss is not limited just cos the story involves Danny Shelton we need to be careful we are so righteously indignant that we act like he or whoever has no right to be forigven - read the Lord's prayer there are no exceptions to the rule.

No one has suggested (or at least I have not) that he is not forgiven or can't be forgiven... what has been said is that he shafted his ex-wife, sullied her reputation and then married a younger wife.....

In the case of David and Bathsheba if I remember correctly, the child she conceived died... though they were later blessed with Solomon.....

This post has been edited by Clay: Apr 10 2006, 05:07 AM

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Prisca
post Apr 10 2006, 05:59 AM
Post #162

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Apr 9 2006, 08:12 PM) [snapback]125918[/snapback]

I know of several of those "young people" that refused to go to PMC because of Danny and his "clean" act.

Young people see more than you know...and they talk about it too...

ah yes, the church of Pillows, Mattresses, and Covers. Oh yes, they see and hear and talk...boy do they talk! They are consumed with how the elders live. I remember one Sabbath in my youth, the elders were party folk and one Friday night one of the youth saw him at a party. Next day he was in church with dark glasses like someone with an allergy! She couldn't tell anybody 'cause her Mother thought she was somewhere else! OOO what a 'ting'.

Priscilla

+Quote Post
summertime
post Apr 10 2006, 06:59 AM
Post #163

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 10 2006, 05:06 AM) [snapback]125976[/snapback]

No one has suggested (or at least I have not) that he is not forgiven or can't be forgiven... what has been said is that he shafted his ex-wife, sullied her reputation and then married a younger wife.....

In the case of David and Bathsheba if I remember correctly, the child she conceived died... though they were later blessed with Solomon.....

Of course, Danny can be forgiven. I am only worried about the influence on all the young people who are watching and who have been taught by their parents that Danny is a man blessed by God (and in the early days I know that is true) and so will follow his example. Not just the younger students around the world but a lot of older admirer of Danny's honesty and who are getting tired of their wives and would chose to settle for a younger wife. I already know a couple of those who think that he is great and justified. Do you remember the story of William Miller who never accepted the Sabbath but I believe that Sr. White wrote that the younger advisors of his day who , in his old age, led him astray about the Sabbath, will be counted guilty in his place. Our influence on other people needs to be guarded wisely. I am worried about your child or grand child, as well as mine. How soon they have forgotten the series, 'Marriage Matters" Follow carefully the things that 'friend' has said on C/A---if you have not, you will be surprised.---especially read what he has written on the '3ABN' segments.

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Apr 10 2006, 07:46 AM
Post #164

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

QUOTE(summertime @ Apr 8 2006, 02:02 PM) [snapback]125836[/snapback]

The problem here is that it sounds like you--and maybe we all are presuming to know what REALLY went on....no matter what his past history, we don't know...and for what ever reasons even Linda has not treaded into this area of motive publically....

Whether people agree or not, whatever we ask God to forgive us for, with a sincere heart he does..."If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and cleanse us from all unrighteousness"--we tread on the lines of being Pharisees when we decide that just because (or not) he can't/hasn't been forgiven--that they can't/haven't been forgiven, and canot move on with their lives AS IF THEY NEVER SINNED.

What is interesting for this board is that we have had threads (one of which I am about to hunt for) where the arguement has been that to the opposite: that people in the church are not given the opportunity to be imperfect (including as leaders) and move forward.

This post has been edited by simplysaved: Apr 10 2006, 08:52 AM

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Apr 10 2006, 08:58 AM
Post #165

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

I wanted to post this directly from Linda's website....

http://www.lindashelton.org/

"An Open Letter to 3ABN and my Church Family,

I came to the conclusion this week that the only reason we get sad, depressed, upset, etc. is because our "world" is not heaven. We want our circumstances to be perfect, our homes to be perfect, our churches to be perfect and we want all the people in our lives to be perfect. But the realization must come that we’re not in heaven yet and this world will never be perfect. And all the fussing, fighting and pointing fingers that emerges from our imperfect world only serves to demonstrate to the world that LOVE doesn’t really work. Then our Christian witness flies out the window because people are typically drawn to things that work. But LOVE does work, because God is LOVE.

Inside every man, woman and child are two thought patterns. There is the higher elevated thought, and there is the lower thought patterns that stem from our carnal natures. The higher thoughts inspire us to love God and our fellow man. They inspire us to be the spirit of Christ on this earth. From the lower thought patterns come hatred, jealousy, and every destructive spirit that emerges from a human being. Sometimes even those who love God and His law fall into the trap of living in the lowlands of the lower thought patterns. We all have done this. The result is always tragic. The result always seems to say "LOVE doesn’t work."

God’s message for His world today is that LOVE REALLY WORKS! Although the evil one has concocted one of the most wicked, divisive schemes for the Seventh day Adventist Church, the way to deploy the time bomb is to STOP exercising that which is contrary to the spirit of LOVE. We must remember that you, me and the rest of the human family, WE ARE ON THE SAME TEAM! The enemy is Satan, his angels and the forces of evil. We need to stand shoulder to shoulder, arm in arm and face the battles ahead together. We need to purposefully put away the hurts, prejudices and malice that we harbor. We need to climb to the highest places in our thoughts and think the best of one another. If we, as Seventh day Adventists, can at the peak of crisis choose LOVE, it is then we have won the battle! It is then we have presented a true picture of the character of Christ to the world. It is then we become God’s GLORIOUS Church! The best reflection of the Potter often comes as a result of the white heat of suffering.

I want to be the first to do this. I acknowledge that I have been deeply hurt, but there is no hurt too big for God to heal... and we all must have a Gethsemane experience at one time or another. I choose LOVE, I choose forgiveness and I encourage YOU to do the same. Additionally I choose to have no enemies. ALL are brothers and sisters and friends. And yes, I am talking about you Dan, Walt, Nick, John, Mollie, Brenda and Kay, and others. This crisis can be transformed into a dynamic springboard of an awesome outpouring of God’s Spirit on the earth if we all choose to do the same!

In the darkest hour of earth’s history, Jesus chose to LOVE. And when we choose to LOVE in the darkest moments, miracles happen. We need a miracle right now. The right choice now will bring the balm of Gilead to our calamities. It will open the floodgates of heaven where we can receive all that we need to be united, strengthened and prepared for the battle just ahead. It is clear that the evil one is attempting to weaken our ranks now that we are at the end of time.

When we choose Love, we are choosing God. It’s His nature, His character and it’s all that He wants us to be. Jesus says to us today, "My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue, but in deed and in truth." In other words, a pretended love doesn’t work. A love that looks good on the outside doesn’t work. But a genuine love from God will help us to keep our thought patterns elevated. It will allow us to see no one as enemies, but the evil one and his angels. It will melt the callouses from our hearts and move us from being spectators of problems, to people who genuinely care enough to get involved in even the ugliest of problems.

Someone once said "Love easily loosens all our bonds. There is no discomfort that will not yield to its sovereign power. The sun compels the traveler to lay aside the cloak that wind and storm have failed to take from his grasp." In the same sense LOVE will cause us to throw off our pride, vanity and the desire to appear "right" in the eyes of the people, and instead we will be like Christ. We will get on our knees and wash each others feet. "Beloved if God so loved us (in our ugliest state), we ought also to LOVE one another." (1 John 4:11)

Linda Shelton (March 25, 2006)

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post

49 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:49 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church