Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8572&st=165 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:49:31 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

49 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Shelton Marries....again, 3abn
Denny
post Apr 10 2006, 09:27 AM
Post #166

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(summertime @ Apr 10 2006, 01:59 PM) [snapback]125985[/snapback]

Of course, Danny can be forgiven. I am only worried about the influence on all the young people who are watching and who have been taught by their parents that Danny is a man blessed by God (and in the early days I know that is true) and so will follow his example. Not just the younger students around the world but a lot of older admirer of Danny's honesty and who are getting tired of their wives and would chose to settle for a younger wife. I already know a couple of those who think that he is great and justified. Do you remember the story of William Miller who never accepted the Sabbath but I believe that Sr. White wrote that the younger advisors of his day who , in his old age, led him astray about the Sabbath, will be counted guilty in his place. Our influence on other people needs to be guarded wisely. I am worried about your child or grand child, as well as mine. How soon they have forgotten the series, 'Marriage Matters" Follow carefully the things that 'friend' has said on C/A---if you have not, you will be surprised.---especially read what he has written on the '3ABN' segments.

Perhaps this is a good example to remind us we should never put our leaders or anyone in the Adventist public eye on a pedestal. Why some of us present these men as an example to our youth I will never know. I was never brought up to believe our leaders were 'men blessed by God so will never mess up' heard too many stories including this one to confirm that some of them mess up big time and in public too. Yes its one hot mess and not a lovely story and thus we can remind our young people too put thier trust in Jesus and not church leaders cos humans will let you down everytime.

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Apr 10 2006, 09:30 AM
Post #167

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Denny @ Apr 10 2006, 10:27 AM) [snapback]126003[/snapback]

Perhaps this is a good example to remind us we should never put our leaders or anyone in the Adventist public eye on a pedestal.....

Too true!

These Pastors & Preachers become "like gods" to many SDA's..... and as soon as you make someone a "god" they will fall - and fall harder when they think of themselves as a "god" too....

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
calvin
post Apr 10 2006, 09:44 AM
Post #168

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Apr 10 2006, 07:46 AM) [snapback]125986[/snapback]

The problem here is that it sounds like you--and maybe we all are presuming to know what REALLY went on....no matter what his past history, we don't know...and for what ever reasons even Linda has not treaded into this area of motive publically....

Whether people agree or not, whatever we ask God to forgive us for, with a sincere heart he does..."If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and cleanse us from all unrighteousness"--we tread on the lines of being Pharisees when we decide that just because (or not) he can't/hasn't been forgiven--that they can't/haven't been forgiven, and canot move on with their lives AS IF THEY NEVER SINNED.

What is interesting for this board is that we have had threads (one of which I am about to hunt for) where the arguement has been that to the opposite: that people in the church are not given the opportunity to be imperfect (including as leaders) and move forward.

I wonder too Sarah what people know or are we just fueling the flames of idle gossip. Danny has been accused here of dragging Linda’s name through the mud, embarrassing her, etc. My wife has 3ABN on for 12 hours a day on Sabbath. I and my wife have never heard Dan address this publicly either. Even in his personal email to me that I published here he never lambasted Linda.

It appears that Linda and Danny have put this behind them and moved on with their lives, good for them.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 10 2006, 11:29 AM
Post #169

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Yes, Calvin, there is one lady at my church who watches 3ABN a lot, also. She says she has not heard anything either. Instead what he opted to do was, at lest ont he network from what I can see, it to act as if Linda never existed. the lady at my church started watching post linda, and had no idea she even existed. She said she only saw Danny with his daughter talking about how his ifrst wife died, and about him raising his daughter along, pretty much. So, apparently he kept the trashing to the visits to the churches to which a couple of members here have heard personally, but opted to act as if she didn't exist on the net work. I am not sure if that is better, though.

My only problem with this whole situation is that on it's face, it has many things for which our adminstration should have made Danny answerable, and they have not. Everyone knows the rules, and presenting himself as a leader, he should lead out in keeping the rules, especailly since 3ABN sees themselves as authority on Christian living. Not that he is perfect or can't fall, but then we don't act as if it is alright. Even with David, he paid the consequences, even though he was never removed as King. It is clear that God held him accountable for ALL of his actions, good and bad. We should do no less. It should at least been addressed. We don't move on until things are made right, as possible. He wrongly divorced Linda, and then married this younger women, none of that can be undone, but the inproprieties of the situaion need addressing.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post Apr 10 2006, 11:52 AM
Post #170

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,678

Biblically speaking, is this "spiritual adultery" grounds for divorce? It's a good thing we are admonished to keep our eyes on Jesus, because sometimes we get mixed signals from those "in authority" of the church. Of course, keeping our eyes on Jesus does not excuse any of us from living according to the Scriptures.

This post has been edited by caribbean sda: Apr 10 2006, 11:53 AM

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Apr 10 2006, 12:11 PM
Post #171

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

And how do you know that it has not? Just because we haven't seen or heard it does not mean it has not happened.....there was a period of time afterward where Danny was not even featured on 3ABN...John was...

Make no mistake, both Linda and Danny have caught hell from all of this....both have made mistakes and both have moved on.... If God has dealt with and forgiven them ( and I believe He has), man/flesh would be wise to let it alone...

QUOTE(princessdi @ Apr 10 2006, 11:29 AM) [snapback]126020[/snapback]

Yes, Calvin, there is one lady at my church who watches 3ABN a lot, also. She says she has not heard anything either. Instead what he opted to do was, at lest ont he network from what I can see, it to act as if Linda never existed. the lady at my church started watching post linda, and had no idea she even existed. She said she only saw Danny with his daughter talking about how his ifrst wife died, and about him raising his daughter along, pretty much. So, apparently he kept the trashing to the visits to the churches to which a couple of members here have heard personally, but opted to act as if she didn't exist on the net work. I am not sure if that is better, though.
My only problem with this whole situation is that on it's face, it has many things for which our adminstration should have made Danny answerable, and they have not. Everyone knows the rules, and presenting himself as a leader, he should lead out in keeping the rules, especailly since 3ABN sees themselves as authority on Christian living. Not that he is perfect or can't fall, but then we don't act as if it is alright. Even with David, he paid the consequences, even though he was never removed as King. It is clear that God held him accountable for ALL of his actions, good and bad. We should do no less. It should at least been addressed. We don't move on until things are made right, as possible. He wrongly divorced Linda, and then married this younger women, none of that can be undone, but the inproprieties of the situaion need addressing.

QUOTE(caribbean sda @ Apr 10 2006, 11:52 AM) [snapback]126023[/snapback]

Biblically speaking, is this "spiritual adultery" grounds for divorce? It's a good thing we are admonished to keep our eyes on Jesus, because sometimes we get mixed signals from those "in authority" of the church. Of course, keeping our eyes on Jesus does not excuse any of us from living according to the Scriptures.

No...it is not an actual legal cause for divorce....However, the Bible states that if a person looks after a woman to lust, he has committed adultery with her already in his own heart. to divorce a person under these circumstances would be a stretch...

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 10 2006, 12:12 PM
Post #172

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

"Spiritual Adultery" is basically used in reference to what the Children of Israel did int he Bible, by always waundering after the gods of their neighboring heathen nations. Today it can be used to discribe as anything we make an idol or put before God. It doesn't apply to marriages, at all.

QUOTE(caribbean sda @ Apr 10 2006, 09:52 AM) [snapback]126023[/snapback]

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Zephyr
post Apr 10 2006, 12:13 PM
Post #173

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,556

I have 3ABN and I have heard Danny make frequent oblique references to "the situation" in a way that people who knew about the divorce would think he was a victim and the other party and a villain. And yes he always refers to his first wife ("melod's mother) in glowing or neutral terms --but Linda never existed... If that amounts to subtly trashing linda (and I think it is) then yes he has been taking jabs at Linda.

I am sure Mr Calvin know the cat better than I, but I do not believe Danny has moved on--the backstabbing still goes on, the playing victim still goes on...the Linda never existed goes on. The "isn't she cute" trophy wifing goes on.

The fact is Linda wanted to reconcile but Danny, aided and abetted, pampered and powedered by Pastor Long John, Doc K and the others who are living the good life on 3ABN fat, gave Danny comfort in putting away his wife who wanted to stay in the marriage. If that is biblical then Nathan should apologize to David and John the Baptist lost his head over nothing and Jesus did not know what he was talking about.

New theme song for 3ABN:
"I want to spend my life breaking God's Commandments.
I want to spend my life removing guilt..."

--------------------
"I believe what my church teaches.
My church teaches what I believe.
My church and I believe the same thing."--The Apostate's Creed.

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Apr 10 2006, 12:20 PM
Post #174

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

The fact is BOTH probably wanted the marriage to reconcile but had to many people in their personal affairs...and for the record, Danny did specifically state many, many times on the air at 3ABN that HE wanted to--even after she left 3ABN....

What can one expect? If he talks about Linda (either positive or negative) it will become more of a mess....of course he is not going to mention Linda...and if he has sense, he will definitely speak well of his "baby's momma"....

I am sad that this mess happened to Linda--to the both of them...but love the fact that she has moved forward and is putting the past behind...as Danny appears to....

QUOTE(Zephyr @ Apr 10 2006, 12:13 PM) [snapback]126029[/snapback]

I have 3ABN and I have heard Danny make frequent oblique references to "the situation" in a way that people who knew about the divorce would think he was a victim and the other party and a villain. And yes he always refers to his first wife ("melod's mother) in glowing or neutral terms --but Linda never existed... If that amounts to subtly trashing linda (and I think it is) then yes he has been taking jabs at Linda.

I am sure Mr Calvin know the cat better than I, but I do not believe Danny has moved on--the backstabbing still goes on, the playing victim still goes on...the Linda never existed goes on. The "isn't she cute" trophy wifing goes on.
The fact is Linda wanted to reconcile but Danny, aided and abetted, pampered and powedered by Pastor Long John, Doc K and the others who are living the good life on 3ABN fat, gave Danny comfort in putting away his wife who wanted to stay in the marriage. If that is biblical then Nathan should apologize to David and John the Baptist lost his head over nothing and Jesus did not know what he was talking about.

New theme song for 3ABN:
"I want to spend my life breaking God's Commandments.
I want to spend my life removing guilt..."

This post has been edited by simplysaved: Apr 10 2006, 12:31 PM

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Apr 10 2006, 12:29 PM
Post #175

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Apr 10 2006, 01:11 PM) [snapback]126026[/snapback]

[
However, the Bible states that if a person looks after a woman to lust, he has committed adultery with her already in his own heart. to divorce a person under these circumstances would be a stretch...

That is not spiritual adultery. That's not even virtual adultery. It's adultery and one's standing is no different than if he had actually slept with that woman.

That is not what this man accused his wife of... though it is what he has done in divorcing her without cause and marrying another.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 10 2006, 12:35 PM
Post #176

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

The problem with this is he made these statements after "he" went to Guam for the quickie divorce.........He was saying those things for the folks who didn't know that. He also told us here in his posts that they were working on it......Then we have him actually fighting in court for the legitmacy of said Guam divorce. Not the actions of a man who wants to save his marriage, BTJM.

We forget there are Danny's own actions that differ quite a bit from Danny's own words.

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Apr 10 2006, 11:20 AM) [snapback]126033[/snapback]

The fact is BOTH probably wanted the marriage to reconcile but had to many people in their personal affairs...and for the record, Danny did specifically state many, many times on the air at 3ABN that HE wanted to--even after she left 3ABN....What can one expect? If he talks about Linda (either positive or negative) it will become more of a mess....of course he is not going to mention Linda...and if he has sense, he will definitely speak well of his "baby's momma"....

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
Zephyr
post Apr 10 2006, 12:42 PM
Post #177

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,556

Awesum I am glad we have people who are not afraid to call it like it is. I wish the "spiritual" leaders around Danny had the guts or whatever to speak to danny like Nathan or John the Baptist. Shame on Lomacang and CA. And Pastor John had the temerity and gall to call Danny "Pastor Danny Shelton" at the Pioneer memorial Church.

No amount of TV dollars and facetime is worth selling ouit like that John and CA.

Princess you are correct. danny never wanted to reconcile. He was lying if he ever suggested that. You don't inventing a sin to accuse your wife of, telling it to everyone who will listen, running to guam to file dicorce and fighting tooth and nail to be loosed from your wife, and then claim you wanted to reconcile. it's a lie. Danny was fed up and wanted out...

--------------------
"I believe what my church teaches.
My church teaches what I believe.
My church and I believe the same thing."--The Apostate's Creed.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Apr 10 2006, 12:44 PM
Post #178

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Apr 10 2006, 01:20 PM) [snapback]126033[/snapback]

The fact is BOTH probably wanted the marriage to reconcile but had to many people in their personal affairs...and for the record, Danny did specifically state many, many times on the air at 3ABN that HE wanted to--even after she left 3ABN....

What can one expect? If he talks about Linda (either positive or negative) it will become more of a mess....of course he is not going to mention Linda...and if he has sense, he will definitely speak well of his "baby's momma"....

Several errors in this statement:

1. Re-recording shows to make it seem like his wife never existed is not the act of a man who wants to reconcile with said wife. That is an act of spite. Getting a quickie divorce in Guam even while his wife was expressing hope in fixing their marriage is not the act of a man bent on reconciliation... it smacks of desperation... I suppose if his new wife has a miraculous 8lb 12 oz "preemie" in 6 or 7 months that will explain the drive-thru divorce...

2. Linda did not leave 3ABN; she was kicked out by Danny with the rubber stamp imprimitur of the board to have her fired.

3. He does not mention her by name; the allusions he makes to the circumstances surrounding her replacement cannot be construed by any reasonable person as 'speaking well of her'

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Apr 10 2006, 12:59 PM
Post #179

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

Dead on Bro J!

If you don't speak of me at all - or act as if I never existed - it's just as bad.

To redo tapes.... OMG! You really are stretching to make it seem like the woman never existed aren't you?

Just know this.....

GOD knows she existed - and ain't no amount of retaping, ill-speaking at churches (like it was rumored he did at PMC), and sugar-coating can cover that.

Gas-a-lean drawers ....that's all I'm saying. Gas-a-lean drawers if he doesn't truly repent. And true repentance is not public...but we wouldn't ever hear another "bad" thing coming out of his mouth about Linda. Ever. Why? Because if he "truly repented" then it would be history and over - and not left open for discussion. As long as he is still discussing it...it's still in his heart....

BTW: if she has a baby earlier than 8 months - we all know the deal. A "fat" premie! That was hot....

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 10 2006, 01:36 PM
Post #180

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Sarah, Maybe it is just me, but from the other posts I dont' think so. You see it was almost two years ago that Danny forced Linda out of 3ABN, had her signed a gag order, and then started going around the nation talking about how he had been done wrong. If, indeed, he was repentant for those sins, we would not have the marriage of him and Brandi. I am by no means saying aht if Danny has asked for forgiveness then God will forgive him, that is God's promise. But as you can see from the posts here, Danny is not through with this. Making references to an incident where you are still trying to play the victim and Linda the villian, is not moving on. Marrying Brandi could be considered moving on, because it is the usual move of men(or women) desparately trying to prove they have "moved" on, before things are actually settle from the last relationship. He got a quickie divorce, and then a quickie marriage. Like I said maybe it is just me, but something just aint' right about all this, yet.

Oh yes, I dont' know if you have read all of the threads here about this situation, but maybe you should. we know all about the time when Pastor Lomacane and his wife were on the show....basically while Danny was in Guam getting his quickie divorce.........

And when do you think Danny asked for forgiveness for his sins........the day after he married Brandi? He had no right, biblically to marry her, especially, even by his own admission, Linda was not unfaithful to him. That is why he came up with the "spiritual adultery" there was no actual/sexual/ emtional adultery to speak of. So from the time he divorced Linda with no biblical grounds to the moment he married Brandi a month ago, again without biblical grounds, he was still commiting a sin. Now, where are those consequences for Danny? We do see Linda suffering, Danny has been on cruise control the whole time. The church, His lchurch, nobody has even hinted at asking him to answer to any of the things he's done. He did them puclicly, they dont' have to tell all the buisness the th public needs to know something was said. That is all I am saying. Allwe got is pastors and conference officials welcoming Brandi to the family. All of them are going to be crispy! Ooops!! Sorry that one slipped!! LOL!!!

This is the problem we face when we don't call as we see them. There is no justifying. Danny look just like David before Nathan got to him, right about now.

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Apr 10 2006, 10:11 AM) [snapback]126026[/snapback]

And how do you know that it has not? Just because we haven't seen or heard it does not mean it has not happened.....there was a period of time afterward where Danny was not even featured on 3ABN...John was...

Make no mistake, both Linda and Danny have caught hell from all of this....both have made mistakes and both have moved on.... If God has dealt with and forgiven them ( and I believe He has), man/flesh would be wise to let it alone...

No...it is not an actual legal cause for divorce....However, the Bible states that if a person looks after a woman to lust, he has committed adultery with her already in his own heart. to divorce a person under these circumstances would be a stretch...

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post

49 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:49 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church