Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13507&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:37:43 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What He Said! (db On Commandment #7), Doug B. on Adultery
Aletheia
post May 9 2007, 01:29 AM
Post #46

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(princessdi @ May 8 2007, 11:55 PM) [snapback]194716[/snapback]

See now, I got some revelations about DB tonight. I got some questions. Now let me say this, I know this stuff is in his past and have little value to my opinion of him, but realize that they do influence his own views today. He and JL used to partipciate with this weekly round table discussion with some ministers of other denoms and they made a dynamite team. I was proud of both of them. Now, like Danny, I beleive Doug to have some race issues,(jes being real. Youare hard pressed to find black people in his audience now., and he wnts to move his church where they are virutally non existent, not a coincedence by any stretch of the imagination. God is not through with any of us yet.), and I don't agree with him 100% of the time, but I can listen to him, understand him. I by no means think him incapable or unworthy of itting at the helm of a merged 3ABN/AF. As I said, God is not through with any of us yet.

So now his parents were in show business? and I heard him talk about it, but when exactly did he go to eh countains to be a hermit? He ain't that old, so when did he have all them children? Just a little history here.

Danny and Doug have race issues? That's a first. It is my understanding that the reason that the little town of T'vill is not friendly about 3abn is because they have hired many african americans as well as hispanics. In a community where there is still a KKK that would make sense.
Let's see, a man of color is head of production, a man of color is the pastor of the T'ville Church, several women of color have worked and do work there (I have seen one on an interview), the Aikens do programming, T Marshall preaches, Wintley Phipps sings, preaches, has done interviews and sits on the board, there are lots of singers of color, Mrs. Lomacang works in the radio department....And all of this in a town that doesn't have one african american resident except for those who are employed at 3abn. mmm...I am failing to see a race issue.
So if Doug wanted to move his church or AF where black people were non existent ( your allegation) then all he would have to do is move to T'ville.

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
from-the-pew
post May 9 2007, 06:43 AM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,132

QUOTE(Aletheia @ May 9 2007, 02:13 AM) [snapback]194728[/snapback]

You lost count? That seems like a rude and ridiculous comment considering everyone knows he had 4 children with his first wife and 2 with his second. Are you having a hard time counting to 6? Actually 5 now that his one son was killed in an large equipment accident.
Again, I fail to see the relevance to any of this.

No, I beg to differ. Never, ever have I heard 6. He and his first wife had 2 sons and a daughter. He and his current have 2 sons. Yes, I remember Daniel & Micah running around - I'm not a lot older than them. During the Millenium of Prophecy, he mentioned that he had 5 children, and that had recently tragically lost one of them. Just because one died, doesn't mean that he will suddenly remove him from the list.

As for his story, you can view it here: http://www.amazingfacts.org/about_us/pastor_doug.asp (this was recorded before his father died.)

A newer version of his testimony
http://www.dougbatchelor.com/MyTestimony/t...60/Default.aspx

And he lived alone in the cave.

This post has been edited by from-the-pew: May 9 2007, 07:33 AM

--------------------
Pssst! Hi! It's me... no, no, not over there....
I'm over here... sittin' in the pews.... that's me, in the corner - out of the spot light.... I ain't got no connections. I ain't got nobody to call... All that "inside information" - don't mean a thing to me a'tall.
Yup, that's me, in the corner, I'm a stockholder in the pews. Havin' to dig through all the nin-com-piddy, to find a fact or two...
I just don't wanna believe it... it just makes me wanna cry... I'm just afraid we're gonna lose 3abn, no matter who's wrong or right...

I'm sorry... I couldn't help it... I just had this music playing in my head... I got a bit carried away - ok, a LOT carried away...

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post May 9 2007, 07:10 AM
Post #48

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(Aletheia)
It is my understanding that the reason that the little town of T'vill is not friendly about 3abn is because they have hired many african americans as well as hispanics. In a community where there is still a KKK that would make sense.

Does anyone know how local Thompsonville residents really feel about 3abn?

It sounds like the community's negative perception of the compound was based on 3abn trying to get out of paying it's fair share of taxes, not racial issues. The judge put it this way: In a letter attached to the 2000 year application, the Village of Thompsonville adamantly (emphasis in original attachment) opposed the requested exemption. The Board of Review of Franklin County, the Cave township supervisor, and the Cave Township Board had a similar reaction.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 9 2007, 08:08 AM
Post #49

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Aletheia @ May 9 2007, 02:29 AM) [snapback]194729[/snapback]

Danny and Doug have race issues? That's a first. It is my understanding that the reason that the little town of T'vill is not friendly about 3abn is because they have hired many african americans as well as hispanics. In a community where there is still a KKK that would make sense.
Let's see, a man of color is head of production, a man of color is the pastor of the T'ville Church, several women of color have worked and do work there (I have seen one on an interview), the Aikens do programming, T Marshall preaches, Wintley Phipps sings, preaches, has done interviews and sits on the board, there are lots of singers of color, Mrs. Lomacang works in the radio department....And all of this in a town that doesn't have one african american resident except for those who are employed at 3abn. mmm...I am failing to see a race issue.
So if Doug wanted to move his church or AF where black people were non existent ( your allegation) then all he would have to do is move to T'ville.

because you haven't heard it means it must not be true right? Interesting indeed.... scratchchin.gif

Using that logic we can conclude that slavemasters did not have color problems.... after all they had black people cooking their food, black people working in their fields, black people driving them around, and black people in their beds either as bed warmers or something else.... thanks Cindy for enlightening me....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post May 9 2007, 08:42 AM
Post #50

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Clay @ May 9 2007, 10:08 AM) [snapback]194757[/snapback]

because you haven't heard it means it must not be true right? Interesting indeed.... scratchchin.gif

Using that logic we can conclude that slavemasters did not have color problems.... after all they had black people cooking their food, black people working in their fields, black people driving them around, and black people in their beds either as bed warmers or something else.... thanks Cindy for enlightening me....

Or, to put it in the words of Mr. Pascoe, my uber-bigoted 9th grade ancient and medieval history teacher... " I have nothing against nigras; I think everybody should own a few..."

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
watchbird
post May 9 2007, 08:51 AM
Post #51

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ May 9 2007, 09:10 AM) [snapback]194743[/snapback]

Does anyone know how local Thompsonville residents really feel about 3abn?

It sounds like the community's negative perception of the compound was based on 3abn trying to get out of paying it's fair share of taxes, not racial issues. The judge put it this way: In a letter attached to the 2000 year application, the Village of Thompsonville adamantly (emphasis in original attachment) opposed the requested exemption. The Board of Review of Franklin County, the Cave township supervisor, and the Cave Township Board had a similar reaction.

The problems between Thompsonville residents and 3abn go back a lot farther and are much more widespread than merely the property tax issues.

Duane Clem, PJMusic, Beartrap, and others on BSDA who are or have been residents of T'ville could give a lot of first hand testimony from the community side of things. But before you do try to contact them privately...."do your homework" right here on the board to see what they have already said.

You'll need the search function and patience... but here is one sample.....

Dig, dig, dig..... digging.gif...... and keep digging.... wave.gif

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post May 9 2007, 09:05 AM
Post #52

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 339

QUOTE(Aletheia @ May 9 2007, 02:29 AM) [snapback]194729[/snapback]

I bet the only color that D. Shelton and D. Batchelor are worried about is $$$$$ nuff said!!

This post has been edited by HUGGINS130: May 9 2007, 09:06 AM

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post May 9 2007, 09:15 AM
Post #53

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(Clay @ May 9 2007, 10:08 AM) [snapback]194757[/snapback]

You seem to have serious issues, and they just keeps coming up and clouding your view. My opinion and I'm sticking to it. biggrin.gif

What I did see this past weekend were brethren of every hue and color, and the huge participation of the Black Churches in Chicago, and I heard the call to end the divisions based on color in the Churches, and the amens all around me.

The truth is, you can always find what you seek Clay.. Some are always borrowing trouble.

For myself, and I know I am not alone, I am seeking a better place and I know if we can't live together in the here and now, we won't be living together in heaven or the new earth.

We are called to be apart from the world, and God's people are one family, and need to start behaving like it.

QUOTE(watchbird @ May 9 2007, 10:51 AM) [snapback]194767[/snapback]

The problems between Thompsonville residents and 3abn go back a lot farther and are much more widespread than merely the property tax issues.

Duane Clem, PJMusic, Beartrap, and others on BSDA who are or have been residents of T'ville could give a lot of first hand testimony from the community side of things. But before you do try to contact them privately...."do your homework" right here on the board to see what they have already said.

You'll need the search function and patience... but here is one sample.....

Dig, dig, dig..... digging.gif...... and keep digging.... wave.gif

And if you only consult those who have an axe to grind, you know what you will find before even looking, so why bother???

QUOTE(HUGGINS130 @ May 9 2007, 11:05 AM) [snapback]194772[/snapback]

I bet the only color that D. Shelton and D. Batchelor are worried about is $$$$$ nuff said!!

That's just downright ugly.

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post May 9 2007, 09:22 AM
Post #54

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 339

QUOTE(Aletheia @ May 9 2007, 10:15 AM) [snapback]194775[/snapback]

You seem to have serious issues, and they just keeps coming up and clouding your view. My opinion and I'm sticking to it. biggrin.gif

What I did see this past weekend were brethren of every hue and color, and the huge participation of the Black Churches in Chicago, and I heard the call to end the divisions based on color in the Churches, and the amens all around me.

The truth is, you can always find what you seek Clay.. Some are always borrowing trouble.

For myself, and I know I am not alone, I am seeking a better place and I know if we can't live together in the here and now, we won't be living together in heaven or the new earth.

We are called to be apart from the world, and God's people are one family, and need to start behaving like it.
And if you only consult those who have an axe to grind, you know what you will find before even looking, so why bother???

and ugly gets exposure too!!! Moving on yes.gif as the saying goes you can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all the time...
The truth is Danny and Doug have race issues... they want every class of individuals $ that they can get, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out!!! Ministry is so washed up today it ain't even funny...it's about money and less about Christ! If it wasn't about money, then why do they need so much?

This post has been edited by HUGGINS130: May 9 2007, 09:28 AM

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 9 2007, 09:42 AM
Post #55

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aletheia @ May 9 2007, 10:15 AM) [snapback]194775[/snapback]

my issues are no more serious than your issues... likewise they do not cloud my view anymore than yours cloud your view.... do you really want to go there? I mean really....

As for what you saw in Chi-town..... that is a whole different horse.... and I suspect that it is easy for those who have power and have little to lose to talk about uniting and being one.... do your homework..... it is easier said than implemented....

--------------------

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post May 9 2007, 10:21 AM
Post #56

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,905

QUOTE(HUGGINS130 @ May 9 2007, 09:22 AM) [snapback]194777[/snapback]

and ugly gets exposure too!!! Moving on yes.gif as the saying goes you can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all the time...
The truth is Danny and Doug have race issues... they want every class of individuals $ that they can get, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out!!! Ministry is so washed up today it ain't even funny...it's about money and less about Christ! If it wasn't about money, then why do they need so much?

What he said! When you boil it down, all you will have left is how can these "ministries" get their hand in your pocket. That is a unfortunate universal truth that includes all the players in this mess.

-bear

--------------------

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 9 2007, 10:26 AM
Post #57

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ May 9 2007, 11:21 AM) [snapback]194790[/snapback]

What he said! When you boil it down, all you will have left is how can these "ministries" get their hand in your pocket. That is a unfortunate universal truth that includes all the players in this mess.

-bear

a friend of mine (methodist minister in fact) once said,
if the gospel you are preaching includes asking for money.... it aint the gospel....

and to that I agree...

--------------------

+Quote Post
princessdi
post May 9 2007, 11:48 AM
Post #58

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Please Gurl, this is beyond your understanding. Don't even try it. I am not going to answer you because you still would not understand,

QUOTE(Aletheia @ May 9 2007, 12:29 AM) [snapback]194729[/snapback]

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
princessdi
post May 9 2007, 11:59 AM
Post #59

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Ok?!!! rofl1.gif

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ May 9 2007, 07:42 AM) [snapback]194762[/snapback]

Or, to put it in the words of Mr. Pascoe, my uber-bigoted 9th grade ancient and medieval history teacher... " I have nothing against nigras; I think everybody should own a few..."

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post May 9 2007, 12:52 PM
Post #60

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Aletheia @ May 8 2007, 11:29 PM) [snapback]194729[/snapback]

Cindy,
There is no KKK chapter in T'ville. It is over in Benton. Bystander once charged the very same thing and HOTY set the record straight >>>HERE<<<<. There hasn't been a rally there since the '90s and most of the non-white 3abn employees live in other towns.

Duane further clarified the issue about T'ville feelings towards 3abn >>>HERE<<<.

3abn has bent over backwards to give the appearance of racial tolerance. However, sometimes what Danny says makes it look more like he and others at 3abn are bending over backwards to be racially condescending. I will share with you a case in point.

Near the end of the first hour of the TCW programming, after Danny had told his fat jokes about Melody and Jennifer LaMountain having trouble squeezing by each other at the stage entrance, and while he was introducing the song he, Melody and CA Murray were about to sing together, he launched into an anecdote about the history of the trio. Seems that back in New York, when Danny had just met CA, he was informed that he, CA and Melody were supposed to sing together. Danny was worried about it since he didn't know if CA could sing so he went to ask advice of another 3abn leader. To the Chicago TCW audience, Danny said "I don't know if this is politically correct or not, but Mollie Steenson told me 'He's black, he can sing' ". I don't know how many in the auditorium were amused.

Adding this to the other condescending things Danny has said at rallies held in black churches, one might begin to think that pehaps a course in proper race relations might be in order for some of the 3abn leadership.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:37 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church