Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13507&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:37:47 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What He Said! (db On Commandment #7), Doug B. on Adultery
ex3ABNemployee
post May 11 2007, 12:18 AM
Post #76

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(Eirene @ May 11 2007, 12:01 AM) [snapback]195028[/snapback]

The fact that t'ville doesn't have a chapter of kkk is a moot point because the whole county is geared that way.

Assumptive and uninformed.

There are bigots in Franklin County, as there are everywhere, but the "whole county" is NOT "geared that way."

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
princessdi
post May 11 2007, 12:01 PM
Post #77

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Just four letters Eirene-------EEOC. If Danny, or any company wants to stay out of trouble with them, the they need to at least fill the quota............as 3ABN has done quite nicely. In Fact, GC did an excellent job of quota filling at the last session by appointing a black woman, sorry two.

Then there is the ratings and support contributions factor. I think we all saw how Shiloh has supported 3ABN at the 10 Comm. Weekend, and in 'on the Road" tapings. This would not be accomplished if there was not at least a basic "representation" in front and behind the cameras. It is often enough for some blacks. However, Danny makes far too many politically incorrect statements regarding race. It shows that the blacks closest to him(JL, AC) have not, in love, corrected him, and have also allowed him to get way with phrases like them "being a credit to their race" and " I like you, you are different from most blacks" It is innate, and he would have to put forth great effort to retrain or at least educate himself. However being in So. IL and large and in charge, he doesn't' put forth the effort. So I do doubt that Danny does not consider color when it comes to 3ABN because he would need to in order to ensure the success of the network. There is one question which needs to be asked, though. How many of these people you say he holds in such high regard are truly his friends, not just part of the 3ABN family, but and extended part of the Shelton Family? Welcome at Family gatherings, etc.? I am sincerely asking, because if you say any number of them then I am wrong, and I don't mind being wrong, especially in this case.

DB, is quite another story. He is more savvy, and subtle, as he would have to be here in Northern Cali, where rasicm is really not supposed to exist. We know from history that southerners we just up front with theirs, Northerners, show you the house in the "black "neighborhood and make a habit of white flight when too many minorities find theirs. As I said before, you are hard pressed to find a black face in DB church. I know, have have watched his program, and if they are there the camera man rarely catches them. The Sacramento area is growing mainly because the Bay Area Housing is just so expensive. Many from the urban areas who found themselves in a position to buy, have bought there and the surrounding areas. I am a growing number of those minorities have found their way to Sacramento Central, instead of Capitol City(black church). DB and his members are now talking of moving their church.......to an area with.....less minorities. Subtlety is the name of the game here. Now, if you ask them they will have five reasons, except the one that is "understood". Believe me, I am Cali born and bred and fourth Generation Adventist, product of a white conference, I know it when I see it.

In short, and as Clay, AT and Sera have already said, the presence of blacks(minorities) by no means indicates the absence of racism.

QUOTE(Eirene @ May 10 2007, 10:01 PM) [snapback]195028[/snapback]

No Sera, the Sheltons are not from Tville but from the same county. The fact that t'ville doesn't have a chapter of kkk is a moot point because the whole county is geared that way. There are chapters in the county but they certainly don't publicize it in any way. If, as you suggest, the Shelton's looked upon people of color the way most of the county does, they would have never employed them in the first place much less put them in leadership positions. Then there is the fact that they all socialize away from the work place quite often.
You need to read the first hand information that Calvin gave. He is correct.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
daylily
post May 11 2007, 06:45 PM
Post #78

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,715

All Southerners are not racist :-)

I remember seeing Danny on some on-the road program with Samuel Thomas. Danny made some remark that I immediately interpreted as rascist, but he was making a joke. Pastor Thomas had already gone back stage but he came back out, put his arm around Danny and made some comment to let Danny know he had crossed a line. I wish I could remember what they both said but I can't. Danny was rather sheepish.

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post May 12 2007, 09:06 AM
Post #79

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 339

scratchchin.gif

This post has been edited by HUGGINS130: May 12 2007, 02:17 PM

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post May 12 2007, 09:18 AM
Post #80

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(princessdi @ May 11 2007, 01:01 PM) [snapback]195074[/snapback]

Just four letters Eirene-------EEOC.

Hey Sis hiya.gif

Speaking of the EEOC......

Do any of the DS supporters have any news regarding any pending investigations there?

just wondering

nw
C"i"

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post May 12 2007, 09:25 AM
Post #81

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Noahswife @ May 12 2007, 12:18 PM) [snapback]195182[/snapback]

Hey Sis hiya.gif

Speaking of the EEOC......

Do any of the DS supporters have any news regarding any pending investigations there?

just wondering

nw
C"i"

scratchchin.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post May 12 2007, 02:17 PM
Post #82

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 339

snack.gif

+Quote Post
SandyColorado
post May 12 2007, 05:49 PM
Post #83

Member No.: 599

QUOTE(from-the-pew @ May 8 2007, 08:31 PM) [snapback]194687[/snapback]

Exactly. The question, as I understood it, was how many wives prior to the current one. The previous wife was mother to three of his five children, including Micah, who died in a freak accident a few years back.

I thought that I would throw this comment in - even though I am late on the subject. I stayed home from church today and watched a video from the Christmas after Micah died. Doug was preaching in my church that day. He made the comment " This is a bittersweet time for our family... We had 6 - we lost one. And when you get together and see all the children you don't say - Well at least there are 5 left. Any parent says - There is an empty chair."

I had heard sometime in the past that between his first marriage and Karen that he was with another woman for a while, and they had a kid together. I didnt't mention this earlier, because I couldn't prove the number of kids until I heard the video again today.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post May 12 2007, 06:12 PM
Post #84

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(SandyColorado @ May 12 2007, 03:49 PM) [snapback]195233[/snapback]

I thought that I would throw this comment in - even though I am late on the subject. I stayed home from church today and watched a video from the Christmas after Micah died. Doug was preaching in my church that day. He made the comment " This is a bittersweet time for our family... We had [b]6 - we lost one. And when you get together and see all the children you don't say - Well at least there are 5 left. Any parent says - There is an empty chair." [/b]

I had heard sometime in the past that between his first marriage and Karen that he was with another woman for a while, and they had a kid together. I didnt't mention this earlier, because I couldn't prove the number of kids until I heard the video again today.

Sandy
What a poignant message from Doug. Thank you for bringing it to us.

I have not heard about a woman between his first wife and Karen, let alone that there was a child.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 12 2007, 11:06 PM
Post #85

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(SandyColorado @ May 12 2007, 05:49 PM) [snapback]195233[/snapback]

I thought that I would throw this comment in - even though I am late on the subject. I stayed home from church today and watched a video from the Christmas after Micah died. Doug was preaching in my church that day. He made the comment " This is a bittersweet time for our family... We had 6 - we lost one. And when you get together and see all the children you don't say - Well at least there are 5 left. Any parent says - There is an empty chair."

well, i'm not even sure if this is worth discussing but he always refers to the 3 younger ones as "our second litter" (with that famous smirk of his). i'm pretty sure there are 6 all together but never have heard him mention another marriage. it doesn't really matter to me unless there is some awful skeleton in his closet which i doubt.

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
roxe
post May 13 2007, 09:28 PM
Post #86

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,485

when i was a member of sac central in the mid 90's, more than once Doug introduced to the church audience a girl as his "child" who was older than the "first litter"... so i figured these girls were possibly conceived during his stint in the cave. i can't remember if there were two or three...

he wasn't a christian going into the cave, and was barely one on coming out... so to me it would be common youthful flings. i've read his book several times, and he says nothing in it about these "children"... and i can't remember how long it was after coming out of the cave that he began his first marriage...

he has hinted that he has done jail time... and other hints led me to believe that there is nothing he hasn't participated in as a non-christian. he has quite a testimony to the power of Jesus in his life... still has some rough edges but the Lord isn't finished with him yet...

perhaps he is like Moses Primo... doesn't want to know and doesn't care about DS problems... just wants to spread the gospel.... and go home!

+Quote Post
from-the-pew
post May 14 2007, 07:15 AM
Post #87

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,132

QUOTE(roxe @ May 13 2007, 10:28 PM) [snapback]195469[/snapback]

when i was a member of sac central in the mid 90's, more than once Doug introduced to the church audience a girl as his "child" who was older than the "first litter"... so i figured these girls were possibly conceived during his stint in the cave. i can't remember if there were two or three...

he wasn't a christian going into the cave, and was barely one on coming out... so to me it would be common youthful flings. i've read his book several times, and he says nothing in it about these "children"... and i can't remember how long it was after coming out of the cave that he began his first marriage...

he has hinted that he has done jail time... and other hints led me to believe that there is nothing he hasn't participated in as a non-christian. he has quite a testimony to the power of Jesus in his life... still has some rough edges but the Lord isn't finished with him yet...

perhaps he is like Moses Primo... doesn't want to know and doesn't care about DS problems... just wants to spread the gospel.... and go home!

He also repeatedly introduced Micah as his "oldest".

--------------------
Pssst! Hi! It's me... no, no, not over there....
I'm over here... sittin' in the pews.... that's me, in the corner - out of the spot light.... I ain't got no connections. I ain't got nobody to call... All that "inside information" - don't mean a thing to me a'tall.
Yup, that's me, in the corner, I'm a stockholder in the pews. Havin' to dig through all the nin-com-piddy, to find a fact or two...
I just don't wanna believe it... it just makes me wanna cry... I'm just afraid we're gonna lose 3abn, no matter who's wrong or right...

I'm sorry... I couldn't help it... I just had this music playing in my head... I got a bit carried away - ok, a LOT carried away...

+Quote Post
lurker
post May 14 2007, 09:49 AM
Post #88

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

QUOTE(from-the-pew @ May 14 2007, 07:15 AM) [snapback]195522[/snapback]

He also repeatedly introduced Micah as his "oldest".

I found this interesting page translated from Korean. No idea why it was originally in Korean.

http://tinyurl.com/2ubwxh

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post May 14 2007, 10:03 AM
Post #89

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(lurker)

I found this interesting page translated from Korean. No idea why it was originally in Korean.

Name: It is more wrong in the [su] the [tu] word boat chiller (Douglas Edward Batchelor)
Wife: Car [leyn] this boat chiller (Karen J. (Ensminger) Batchelor) of me

Now there's a good moniker for ya, "boat chiller."

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
from-the-pew
post May 14 2007, 11:25 AM
Post #90

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,132

QUOTE(lurker @ May 14 2007, 11:49 AM) [snapback]195537[/snapback]

Interesting...a twist on my mind to comprehend! whatcha notin' there, lurker?

I noticed that it said at the bottom: "Children: 5 people"

Sandy, What was the name of the program that mentioned 6?

(Note: I have now found ONE location that lists 6 children, and gives their names.)

This post has been edited by from-the-pew: May 14 2007, 12:03 PM

--------------------
Pssst! Hi! It's me... no, no, not over there....
I'm over here... sittin' in the pews.... that's me, in the corner - out of the spot light.... I ain't got no connections. I ain't got nobody to call... All that "inside information" - don't mean a thing to me a'tall.
Yup, that's me, in the corner, I'm a stockholder in the pews. Havin' to dig through all the nin-com-piddy, to find a fact or two...
I just don't wanna believe it... it just makes me wanna cry... I'm just afraid we're gonna lose 3abn, no matter who's wrong or right...

I'm sorry... I couldn't help it... I just had this music playing in my head... I got a bit carried away - ok, a LOT carried away...

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:37 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church