Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13507&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:37:39 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What He Said! (db On Commandment #7), Doug B. on Adultery
sonshineonme
post May 8 2007, 08:38 PM
Post #31

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(from-the-pew @ May 8 2007, 07:31 PM) [snapback]194687[/snapback]

Exactly. The question, as I understood it, was how many wives prior to the current one. The previous wife was mother to three of his children, including Micah, who died in a freak accident a few years back.

You are correct..that was the question. I just stated the whole.
I did not know that Karen was not the mom of those boys.
It was very said when Micah died. I think that was only 3 years or so.
I have often waited to hear Doug talk about remarriage/divorce, etc, knowing he had a prior wife. From what I have heard him say in the past, he is somewhat gracious, basically showing "he's been there", and not just a black and white situation...of course, I guess you can justify anything, if you want to badly enough. I am not black and white on the situation, so, this is why I have paid attention to his "way" of talking about it.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
from-the-pew
post May 8 2007, 08:51 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,132

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ May 8 2007, 09:38 PM) [snapback]194689[/snapback]

You are correct..that was the question. I just stated the whole.
I did not know that Karen was not the mom of those boys.
It was very said when Micah died. I think that was only 3 years or so.
I have often waited to hear Doug talk about remarriage/divorce, etc, knowing he had a prior wife. From what I have heard him say in the past, he is somewhat gracious, basically showing "he's been there", and not just a black and white situation...of course, I guess you can justify anything, if you want to badly enough. I am not black and white on the situation, so, this is why I have paid attention to his "way" of talking about it.

Regarding Micah, taken from the PUC Alumni paper. (This article doesn't mention Stephen and Nathan, Doug and Karen's boys.)

Micah Batchelor, Att. ‘96-’98, died on April 30, 2001, as the result of a construction accident in Covelo, Calif. He was born November 4, 1977, in Fort Bragg, Calif. His father, Doug Batchelor, is an evangelist with Amazing Facts evangelistic ministry. Even though he was busy in his own construction business, Micah took time out to be a participant in a major evangelistic series which his father conducted in Manila, Philippines, in 1999. He is survived by his father, Doug, and stepmother, Karen Batchelor; a brother, Daniel; and a sister,

Regarding Doug and the issue at hand - he is not naive, look where he grew up! (a child of show business). I don't know how much he really knows or not. People writing him will not change his mind, I don't think. He will have to find out things on his own. We must be patient with him, and see how things transpire. He is human! So I'm not counting on anything. But I am praying for truth, no matter what that may be.

--------------------
Pssst! Hi! It's me... no, no, not over there....
I'm over here... sittin' in the pews.... that's me, in the corner - out of the spot light.... I ain't got no connections. I ain't got nobody to call... All that "inside information" - don't mean a thing to me a'tall.
Yup, that's me, in the corner, I'm a stockholder in the pews. Havin' to dig through all the nin-com-piddy, to find a fact or two...
I just don't wanna believe it... it just makes me wanna cry... I'm just afraid we're gonna lose 3abn, no matter who's wrong or right...

I'm sorry... I couldn't help it... I just had this music playing in my head... I got a bit carried away - ok, a LOT carried away...

+Quote Post
princessdi
post May 8 2007, 09:04 PM
Post #33

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Where is that derned smiley when I need it?!

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ May 8 2007, 06:10 PM) [snapback]194686[/snapback]

I believe two wifes. One divorce.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post May 8 2007, 09:08 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(from-the-pew @ May 8 2007, 06:31 PM) [snapback]194687[/snapback]

Exactly. The question, as I understood it, was how many wives prior to the current one. The previous wife was mother to three of his five children, including Micah, who died in a freak accident a few years back.

Guess I misssed something. My mother told me Doug had been married before but when I read his book the pages about his first wife must have been torn out.
Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
princessdi
post May 8 2007, 09:28 PM
Post #35

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Ok, so I can understand they murried young even incaptible, believe it or not, but do they all toss the first wives and erase them from history?

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ May 8 2007, 07:08 PM) [snapback]194694[/snapback]
Guess I misssed something. My mother told me Doug had been married before but when I read his book the pages about his first wife must have been torn out.
Rosyroi

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post May 8 2007, 09:39 PM
Post #36

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(from-the-pew @ May 8 2007, 07:51 PM) [snapback]194692[/snapback]

Regarding Micah, taken from the PUC Alumni paper. (This article doesn't mention Stephen and Nathan, Doug and Karen's boys.)

It just didn't seem that long ago already.
I was told he had divorced his first wife, if I am wrong, someone please correct me.
I wondered why Micahs mother was not mentioned, unles she was no longer alive then?? Not sure.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Grith
post May 8 2007, 09:43 PM
Post #37

Member No.: 3,399

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ May 8 2007, 11:08 PM) [snapback]194694[/snapback]

Rosyroi

When Micah died, I looked up his obituary on the internet. One Cal. paper gave both his parents names. Both of DB's wives (former and current) are named Karen. The first Karen had a different last name, so it seems obvious she is remarried.

This post has been edited by Grith: May 8 2007, 09:44 PM

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength.

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post May 8 2007, 10:08 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

I think it would be wise to not jump to any conclusions about DB and his relationship to DS and 3abn. There is more than enough first hand experience, evidence and information to give a fairly accurate picture of the kind of person Danny Shelton is. I don't think we can say the same about Doug. We need to take care that we not start condemning him. As as has been pointed out, this is a big deal for the church. Whatever happens can and will reflect on the church. I have no doubt that there is an unseen struggle going on in the background. Satan would like nothing better than to cause as much damage as he can to the 3abn ministry--and he is successfully using DS and the others to cause it to happen.
If he can drag DB and Amazing Facts into it and neutralize them too, he will. My hope and prayers are that God will take control of the affairs at 3abn. It could be that He does this using DB and AF. It may be that the outcome is still uncertain.

Someone compared this to Kellogg and the Alfa and Omega of deception as described by EGW. It doesn't seem to fit, but she did say it would be of a "startling nature." At any rate, we already know that this is a very divisive issue and could get worse. People who I have talked to who know anything at all about what is going on tend to have strong feelings about it one way or the other.

Sorry if I sound preachy. JMHO.

+Quote Post
roxe
post May 8 2007, 10:36 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,485

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ May 8 2007, 08:08 PM) [snapback]194694[/snapback]

Rosyroi

during the years of my membership at Doug's church, i lost count of how many children we were introduced to... all older than the boys from the first marriage... nothing was ever said about who, what, why, when or where.

seems there was a lot more going on in that cave than Bible reading rofl1.gif

This post has been edited by roxe: May 8 2007, 10:38 PM

+Quote Post
princessdi
post May 8 2007, 10:55 PM
Post #40

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

See now, I got some revelations about DB tonight. I got some questions. Now let me say this, I know this stuff is in his past and have little value to my opinion of him, but realize that they do influence his own views today. He and JL used to partipciate with this weekly round table discussion with some ministers of other denoms and they made a dynamite team. I was proud of both of them. Now, like Danny, I beleive Doug to have some race issues,(jes being real. Youare hard pressed to find black people in his audience now., and he wnts to move his church where they are virutally non existent, not a coincedence by any stretch of the imagination. God is not through with any of us yet.), and I don't agree with him 100% of the time, but I can listen to him, understand him. I by no means think him incapable or unworthy of itting at the helm of a merged 3ABN/AF. As I said, God is not through with any of us yet.

So now his parents were in show business? and I heard him talk about it, but when exactly did he go to eh countains to be a hermit? He ain't that old, so when did he have all them children? Just a little history here.

QUOTE(roxe @ May 8 2007, 08:36 PM) [snapback]194714[/snapback]

during the years of my membership at Doug's church, i lost count of how many children we were introduced to... all older than the boys from the first marriage... nothing was ever said about who, what, why, when or where.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post May 8 2007, 11:07 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(princessdi @ May 8 2007, 08:55 PM) [snapback]194716[/snapback]

See now, I got some revelations about DB tonight. I got some questions. Now let me say this, I know this stuff is in his past and have little value to my opinion of him, but realize that they do influence his own views today. He and JL used to partipciate with this weekly round table discussion with some ministers of other denoms and they made a dynamite team. I was proud of both of them. Now, like Danny, I beleive Doug to have some race issues,(jes being real. Youare hard pressed to find black people in his audience now., and he wnts to move his church where they are virutally non existent, not a coincedence by any stretch of the imagination. God is not through with any of us yet.), and I don't agree with him 100% of the time, but I can listen to him, understand him. I by no means think him incapable or unworthy of itting at the helm of a merged 3ABN/AF. As I said, God is not through with any of us yet.

So now his parents were in show business? and I heard him talk about it, but when exactly did he go to eh countains to be a hermit? He ain't that old, so when did he have all them children? Just a little history here.

Doug wrote a book called The Richest Caveman. His father was a Billionaire and his mother was a song writer. my memory is not very clear at this time but I believe he was in his late teens when he found his cave.He found a Bible in the cave. You could probably find the book at any local ABC Book center. I found mine at a local yard sale. I gave it away to someone else to read.
Someone else can probably give you a more detailed account.
Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
princessdi
post May 8 2007, 11:11 PM
Post #42

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Wow! Thanks Rosy!

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post May 9 2007, 12:47 AM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

At campmeeting DB shared that he had taken his youngest children to see his father who was on his death bed. When he got to the gated mansion in Florida and called in who he was, the latest in a series young "beauty queen" types had moved in with his dad. She refused to allow them in to visit. He left without seeing his father, and soon after that his dad died. Just before he died his dad married the young lady. He never heard from lawyers or anyone after his father died. He was the only surviving blood related family. People told him that he would have a very good case to contest a will that left everything to the young lady and excluded him. His response was that there is nothing that he needs that lots of money can give him. He has seen what money does to people. Being around his mother and her hollywood star friends, and his father's mega bucks, he saw enough of that kind of life. That was what I heard him say at campmeeting a few years ago.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post May 9 2007, 12:57 AM
Post #44

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Wow!! I'm really learning today! thanks Skyhook! What a testimony!

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post May 9 2007, 01:13 AM
Post #45

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(roxe @ May 8 2007, 11:36 PM) [snapback]194714[/snapback]

You lost count? That seems like a rude and ridiculous comment considering everyone knows he had 4 children with his first wife and 2 with his second. Are you having a hard time counting to 6? Actually 5 now that his one son was killed in an large equipment accident.
Again, I fail to see the relevance to any of this.

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:37 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church