Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11679&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:46:54 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hal Steenson And John Lomacang, Power
roxe
post Dec 8 2006, 11:20 AM
Post #61

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,485

PeacefullyBewildered wrote:
Welcome to BSDA Roxe! Please don't be saddened or shocked by what you have read in the threads here. My post was merely to point out that since I don't "know" you from reading your thoughts in posts enough to get familiar with your credibility and thought process, there was no way I could take what you said with much weight. Now that you are here we will all start getting to know what Roxe is all about(as much as one can on a forum such as this anyway wink.gif )
<snip>
This section of your post concerns me just a bit. Sounds just a little superstitious but I also know that most human beings use magical thinking to some degree.
--------------------------
Thanks for your welcome, Peacefully hiya.gif
i AM saddened by what i read concerning 3abn... or any other ministry who satan gets sidetracked. my heart has been "sick" for quite some time now. in a way i'm glad, since it only serves to add intense pleading to my prayers.

btw, i'm a 66yo nana who has been learning so much since surrendering to Jesus in 1991. without going into details, coming from an occult childhood my "straight and narrow" path has extra big boulders in it. So, yes, i'm rather sensitive to the fact of life that satan uses his "error" objects as permission to hang around and harass. this is the reason for the big bonfire told about in Acts: it stops the permissions.
and there is no superstition or magical thinking about it.
=============================

Ed White wrote:
Roxe said these words concering Shelly Q. book. "after posting at maritime, i got the book out of my library and proceeded to tear it to little pieces and throw it away... and i've noticed that my home now has a much different and lighter atmosphere to it."
--------------
I have hear over the years of SDA ministers going to church academies to hold a week of prayer meeting and end up before leaving by having a bon-fire where all the rock music tapes, CDs & other Satanic articles were torched, but this lady could not wait for a week of prayer meeting to come to her town, she did what she could to make her home a place for peaceful habitation again with a different and lighter atmosphere to it. I would never doubt a much needed testimony like that.
----------------------------

Ed, thank you so much for your nice words. they warm my heart. what a nice confirmation to read on this preparation day! sounds like you may understand from experience what i'm talking about.

wishing all happysabbath.gif

roxe

This post has been edited by roxe: Dec 8 2006, 11:30 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ed White
post Dec 8 2006, 02:12 PM
Post #62

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group:
QUOTE(roxe @ Dec 8 2006, 11:20 AM) [snapback]162612[/snapback]

PeacefullyBewildered wrote:
Welcome to BSDA Roxe! Please don't be saddened or shocked by what you have read in the threads here. My post was merely to point out that since I don't "know" you from reading your thoughts in posts enough to get familiar with your credibility and thought process, there was no way I could take what you said with much weight. Now that you are here we will all start getting to know what Roxe is all about(as much as one can on a forum such as this anyway wink.gif )
<snip>
This section of your post concerns me just a bit. Sounds just a little superstitious but I also know that most human beings use magical thinking to some degree.
--------------------------
Thanks for your welcome, Peacefully hiya.gif
i AM saddened by what i read concerning 3abn... or any other ministry who satan gets sidetracked. my heart has been "sick" for quite some time now. in a way i'm glad, since it only serves to add intense pleading to my prayers.

btw, i'm a 66yo nana who has been learning so much since surrendering to Jesus in 1991. without going into details, coming from an occult childhood my "straight and narrow" path has extra big boulders in it. So, yes, i'm rather sensitive to the fact of life that satan uses his "error" objects as permission to hang around and harass. this is the reason for the big bonfire told about in Acts: it stops the permissions.
and there is no superstition or magical thinking about it.
=============================

Ed White wrote:
Roxe said these words concering Shelly Q. book. "after posting at maritime, i got the book out of my library and proceeded to tear it to little pieces and throw it away... and i've noticed that my home now has a much different and lighter atmosphere to it."
--------------
I have hear over the years of SDA ministers going to church academies to hold a week of prayer meeting and end up before leaving by having a bon-fire where all the rock music tapes, CDs & other Satanic articles were torched, but this lady could not wait for a week of prayer meeting to come to her town, she did what she could to make her home a place for peaceful habitation again with a different and lighter atmosphere to it. I would never doubt a much needed testimony like that.
----------------------------

Ed, thank you so much for your nice words. they warm my heart. what a nice confirmation to read on this preparation day! sounds like you may understand from experience what i'm talking about.

wishing all happysabbath.gif

roxe

Roxe glad to hear of you pressing forward around/over/through those “boulders” in your journey upward, I think often of these words as I plunder [even blunder at times] along. “The road may be rough and the ascent steep; there may be pitfalls upon the right hand and upon the left; we may have to endure toil in our journey; when weary, when longing for rest, we may have to toil on; when faint, we may have to fight; when discouraged, we must still hope; but with Christ as our guide we shall not fail of reaching the desired haven at last. Christ Himself has trodden the rough way before us and has smoothed the path for our feet.”
Shelly Quinn & Danny may have authored a book together and circulated millions with sacred money from Gods professed people, but this one & all the ones she has authored alone I believe she had one of N.Hill books in her lap as she wrote each chapter. You do know that N. Hill tells that he was given a divine secret from a spirit flying overhead that spoke to him these words. “Whatever the mind can believe, it can achieve. Now you go give this to others”.
But take courage everyone, the bible is correct at every step, why I even read words like this once in Proverbs 20:17 “Bread of deceit [margin “lying”] is sweet to a man but afterwards his mouth shall be filled with gravel.”

This post has been edited by Ed White: Dec 8 2006, 02:17 PM

+Quote Post
Just a Guy
post Dec 8 2006, 10:43 PM
Post #63

Advanced Member

Member No.: 176

QUOTE(Ed White @ Dec 5 2006, 05:59 PM) [snapback]162298[/snapback]

Having heard only the last of a series of sermons on the 7 trumpets by John Lomacang I would say John is biblical & SOP correct in stating that the 7 trumpets are in the future

I was just thinking that ed white from the old VOAF forum was a proponent of futurism. What is your main forum these days?

+Quote Post
Ed White
post Dec 9 2006, 06:01 AM
Post #64

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group:
QUOTE(Just a Guy @ Dec 8 2006, 10:43 PM) [snapback]162685[/snapback]

I was just thinking that ed white from the old VOAF forum was a proponent of futurism. What is your main forum these days?

Guy...I don’t mind in being labeled a “futurist” as many seminary-trained ministers can say better than anyone, with a curl in their voice, to me it is a wonderful word. The Second Coming of Jesus is in the future. The Latter Rain which will give power to those that are clean & with a real message give the Loud Cry is in the future that John the Revelator & many of Old Testament authors wrote about. A few of my loved ones are sleeping in Jesus at the moment and in the future I expect to see them come to life. Are you trying to rob me of my convictions that I received from nothing other than believing Gods word? I could make a list longer than a wagon track of FUTURE events recorded in the bible & SOP, but I will spare you that account, if you are content in hearing the “futurist” word spewed forth and a giggle session to follow by men of the cloth, just “sleep on now and take your rest”. But after the giggle session has died away & everyone goes their separate ways for the night with their new church supplied security blanket & rose-colored glasses, I suggest to you personally listen for that “still small voice that says, this is the way walk ye in it”.
My prayer today is that John Lomacang will not be robbed of his conviction either by the giggle sessions, but his man inflicted burdens are greater than mine, those that sign his pay check can say "futurist" with a curl in their voice better than a new graduate.

+Quote Post
Just a Guy
post Dec 9 2006, 09:46 AM
Post #65

Advanced Member

Now that's the ed white I remember. Overreacting and putting his foot in his mouth in response to a completely neutral comment.

+Quote Post
Ed White
post Dec 9 2006, 10:41 AM
Post #66

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group:
QUOTE(Just a Guy @ Dec 9 2006, 09:46 AM) [snapback]162721[/snapback]

Now that's the ed white I remember. Overreacting and putting his foot in his mouth in response to a completely neutral comment.

Guy
Please point out the words that was error in my response to you in your netural comment where the futurist word was used? I asked a few questions up there that I thought was valid, correct me and show me where I am mistaken so I can weed out that cursed thing. Glad you have a good memory and remember being exposed to much truth over the years. You are not hiding all that light under a bushel are you?

+Quote Post
Just a Guy
post Dec 9 2006, 07:16 PM
Post #67

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Ed White @ Dec 9 2006, 11:41 AM) [snapback]162732[/snapback]

Guy
Please point out the words that was error in my response to you in your netural comment where the futurist word was used? I asked a few questions up there that I thought was valid, correct me and show me where I am mistaken so I can weed out that cursed thing. Glad you have a good memory and remember being exposed to much truth over the years. You are not hiding all that light under a bushel are you?

You were in error is assuming that I consider "futurist" to be a derogatory term. I'm actually open to the belief. I was just making a friendly comment and wondering where you've been hanging out.

+Quote Post
Ed White
post Dec 9 2006, 07:59 PM
Post #68

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group:
QUOTE(Just a Guy @ Dec 9 2006, 07:16 PM) [snapback]162791[/snapback]

You were in error is assuming that I consider "futurist" to be a derogatory term. I'm actually open to the belief. I was just making a friendly comment and wondering where you've been hanging out.

Guy, now that I know that, I can say, I am truely sorry, I MUST read questions more carefully in the future and pray before engaging my keyboard.
Where I have been hanging out in the SDA forum world was on O'Ffills forum until about 6 months ago, but go to the theology section here and read about "A Drean & the interpertation" and you will read of another SDA forum where the owner there thinks if a doctrinal thought did come throught him it is of no value. This was HIS dream, not mine, I only interperted it due to seeing him on SDA forums for over 4 years. You will know who it is I'm sure.
I think I have found the video of John Lomacang preaching on the 7 trumpets in the future and will view it tomorrow night & make copies to 3 request & send off.

+Quote Post
Jon Davis
post Dec 10 2006, 12:38 PM
Post #69

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,619

QUOTE(Ed White)
Jon I have a copy of this sermon of John L. on video, somewhere! I walked into the room after the program was on for 5 min. so clicked the record button immediately. Give me about 3 days to find it then PM me & I will make you a copy. Are you aware that the 7 trumpets are being considered in the thelogy section leaving this thread free to the discuss Hal Steenson & John L. being at odds with one another. Come join in and show those reading there what the bible says to you personally about the 7 trumpets being in the future. Are you a long time Adventist?

I'm just a few years into joining the church.
I came into the church through a Revelation Sceminar.
I was raised in a petacostal church.
Never did I hear so much truth when I came to those sceminars.
We are kinda left wandering around the judgement and 1844.
I was baptised for the first time then.
But still have lots to learn.
I posted what I believe on the seven trumpets in theology section:
http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...mp;#entry162887

As for what Lomacang had to say on the trumpets, I think those in our church needs to see that not every SDA member believes these to be periods of time and there is much truth according to the Bible and SOP that these are future events.

+Quote Post
Ed White
post Dec 11 2006, 07:22 PM
Post #70

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group:
QUOTE(Jon Davis @ Dec 10 2006, 12:38 PM) [snapback]162890[/snapback]

As for what Lomacang had to say on the trumpets, I think those in our church needs to see that not every SDA member believes these to be periods of time and there is much truth according to the Bible and SOP that these are future events.

Jon I am sure John Lomacang & his wife still have the same convictions of the sermon he preached on the 7 trumpets being future that angered Hal Steenson and he is not asamed to tell this in some circles. Years ago I heard HMS Richards Sr. tell a true story the first year I was baptized in 1965 as he came to our little church in Roseville California of about 100 members. This true story may help John in dealing with this distance between him & Hal. Elder Richards told of a young couple that decided to run away and get married on a long week end. After about 4 days they had to return to their jobs & seperate homes. It was very quite riding back as they neared the outskirts of their city, finally one said to the other "you won't tell anyone about our marriage will you?" " No, I am just ashamed of it as you are". Then this great preacher asked a question to everyone. "What kind of marriage is that, to be ashamed of the one you are married to?" I think many people are like that with their belief system today in Adventism, ashamed to stand up and defend the vows they took in haste & not really knowing while the SDA evangelist was forcing from them a decision & to say, "Is that right YES or NO"?

+Quote Post
Ed White
post Dec 16 2006, 08:54 AM
Post #71

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group:
Will there always be two opposing forces in the church as we see among the teachings of Lomacang & Steenson of God's professed people to the end of time? A close comparison with the bible open looking at the wheat & the tares it is hard to decide at times as to which is which, but there is always a THIRD group present in the church of “open sinners” that can be clearly seen and they must be dealt with if the church is to remain healthy. If the church fathers do not “check” the situation then the guilt of the open sinner is upon their minister just as though they had done the act of the open sinner. If any SDA ministers have been given preaching credentials without being taught this, then someone turn the signpost around before you even came to class study and you will still be held accountable what goes on during your watch.

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Dec 16 2006, 11:47 AM
Post #72

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

How true Ed. If open sin is allowed in the church with no consequences then our church soon stands for nothing. One difficulty I see is how is it possible for a church to discipline it's members when the leaders can get away with un-Biblical divorces, teaching error (like a literal Creation) etc. We need to consistently take care of problems within the church so the whole church is not infected.

Richard

QUOTE(Ed White @ Dec 16 2006, 09:54 AM) [snapback]163684[/snapback]

Will there always be two opposing forces in the church as we see among the teachings of Lomacang & Steenson of God's professed people to the end of time? A close comparison with the bible open looking at the wheat & the tares it is hard to decide at times as to which is which, but there is always a THIRD group present in the church of “open sinners” that can be clearly seen and they must be dealt with if the church is to remain healthy. If the church fathers do not “check” the situation then the guilt of the open sinner is upon their minister just as though they had done the act of the open sinner. If any SDA ministers have been given preaching credentials without being taught this, then someone turn the signpost around before you even came to class study and you will still be held accountable what goes on during your watch.

+Quote Post
Ed White
post Dec 16 2006, 12:19 PM
Post #73

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group:
QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Dec 16 2006, 11:47 AM) [snapback]163707[/snapback]

How true Ed. If open sin is allowed in the church with no consequences then our church soon stands for nothing. One difficulty I see is how is it possible for a church to discipline it's members when the leaders can get away with un-Biblical divorces, teaching error (like a literal Creation) etc. We need to consistently take care of problems within the church so the whole church is not infected.

Richard

Richard your questions with few solutions could be over with in a hurry if things were done the way we do things in the electrical construction world where there are Codebooks, Electrical Safety Orders, Engineers & Inspectors. When an engineer or inspector arrives at a construction jobsite he has only one question to ask. “Have you followed the plans & specifications according to what you agreed to do?” Then he/she will look to see that you have! If not, STOP everything and get back on track or the entire job will be shut down. Adventist needs a few Inspectors with authority to fire on the spot an offender after one warning; even it takes the man on top down. Many of this nature should have been fired yesterday, especially the ones in gross error and always asking the flight attendants for a seat-belt extension when flying to distance citys to brush up on church growth seminars by the Sunday keeper’s skills.
John Lomacang at the present should not be considered for one of these "inspectors" to assist Adventism. He is on the right track, but still needs much to unlearn as he is attempting to do. Stand strong John & don't let a committee of men rob you of your convictions.

+Quote Post
Ed White
post Dec 22 2006, 06:39 PM
Post #74

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group:
As I remember the year 2000 was when Pastor Stephen Lewis came to 3ABN and preacherd his heart out to the staff looking them right in the eye and asking tough questions. Before he came, Danny Shelton was warned by most of the well known TV evangelist to not do it, "as his preaching will destroy our effectivness". I will say AMEN to that! But Danny stood his ground & here came Pastor Lewis anyway. As I read the account from Danny's step daughter she was home that year 2000 when Danny was giving "backrubs" after Linda had retired for the night. I was so impressed with the Pentacost 2000 series that I had a 3ABN dish installed on my mother home thinking that more good things were to come from 3ABN. But when light is rejected it's only down/down/ after that. Anyone remember the tough questions Pastor Lewis asked directly to 3ABN staff women?

+Quote Post
Clay
post Dec 22 2006, 06:45 PM
Post #75

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Ed White @ Dec 22 2006, 06:39 PM) [snapback]164948[/snapback]

As I remember the year 2000 was when Pastor Stephen Lewis came to 3ABN and preacherd his heart out to the staff looking them right in the eye and asking tough questions. Before he came, Danny Shelton was warned by most of the well known TV evangelist to not do it, "as his preaching will destroy our effectivness". I will say AMEN to that! But Danny stood his ground & here came Pastor Lewis anyway. As I read the account from Danny's step daughter she was home that year 2000 when Danny was giving "backrubs" after Linda had retired for the night. I was so impressed with the Pentacost 2000 series that I had a 3ABN dish installed on my mother home thinking that more good things were to come from 3ABN. But when light is rejected it's only down/down/ after that. Anyone remember the tough questions Pastor Lewis asked directly to 3ABN staff women?

No Ed and if you believe that Stephen Lewis was bringing light to those at 3abn, you my friend have issues....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:46 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church