Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11679&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:46:56 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hal Steenson And John Lomacang, Power
Ed White
post Dec 22 2006, 07:12 PM
Post #76

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group:
QUOTE(Clay @ Dec 22 2006, 06:45 PM) [snapback]164950[/snapback]

No Ed and if you believe that Stephen Lewis was bringing light to those at 3abn, you my friend have issues....

Well Clay since you know of those not bringing light to 3ABN, then maybe you know who is. Could you provide a list of those sharing light there or anywhere as the Adventist people are fragmented today and searching for that which you may know.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Dec 22 2006, 07:18 PM
Post #77

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Ed White @ Dec 22 2006, 07:12 PM) [snapback]164958[/snapback]

Well Clay since you know of those not bringing light to 3ABN, then maybe you know who is. Could you provide a list of those sharing light there or anywhere as the Adventist people are fragmented today and searching for that which you may know.

The Holy Spirit..... He always has and always will... in fact that is why he was promised.... to guide the believer into all truth... You Ed are not the Holy Spirit..... neither is Stephen Lewis.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Ed White
post Dec 23 2006, 06:58 PM
Post #78

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group:
QUOTE(Ed White @ Dec 22 2006, 06:39 PM) [snapback]164948[/snapback]

As I remember the year 2000 was when Pastor Stephen Lewis came to 3ABN and preacherd his heart out to the staff looking them right in the eye and asking tough questions. Before he came, Danny Shelton was warned by most of the well known TV evangelist to not do it, "as his preaching will destroy our effectivness". I will say AMEN to that! But Danny stood his ground & here came Pastor Lewis anyway. As I read the account from Danny's step daughter she was home that year 2000 when Danny was giving "backrubs" after Linda had retired for the night. I was so impressed with the Pentacost 2000 series that I had a 3ABN dish installed on my mother home thinking that more good things were to come from 3ABN. But when light is rejected it's only down/down/ after that. Anyone remember the tough questions Pastor Lewis asked directly to 3ABN staff women?

Since this question went unanswered and to save from getting email messages to answer, I will do so here to save time. One night Pastor Lewis got a show of hands from all the staff women & the wife’s of staff. He said "Haven't I given you "a thus sayeth the Lord" for every doctrine that I have taught thus far?" They all agreed because they knew he had. Now he said, "since I have used the bible on every point, I want you women to bring with you tomorrow night "a thus sayeth the Lord" for you wearing those pants I see out here every night." That was it, fists were clenched & rebellion was in the air they were all breathing. He knew that certain women would never take them pants off; he must have thought however that surely, he could reach someone. Well 6 years have gone by since then that I have an idea that some on the staff would do differently if they had those days back. Maybe not, once on a downhill slope and running full speed back to Egypt it's only down/down. I am told the best thing to do when running down hill and can't stop when wanting to stop, is to fall down immediately. Yes but Danny told us years ago that “would be bad on the reputation”.

+Quote Post
seeshell
post Dec 23 2006, 07:09 PM
Post #79

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,679

Did he have a thus saith the Lord for women not wearing pants? scratchchin.gif

--------------------
Shelley

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

"It is not my first object in life to make people like me." Elizabeth Prentiss

"Níor dhún Dia doras riamh nar oscail Sé ceann eile."

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Dec 23 2006, 07:13 PM
Post #80

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Ed there is nothing, not one word, in either Mrs. White writing or the Bible that prohibits women from wearing slacks. Good grief.

What is the most modest? A dress or slacks?

Richard

QUOTE(Ed White @ Dec 23 2006, 07:58 PM) [snapback]165195[/snapback]

Since this question went unanswered and to save from getting email messages to answer, I will do so here to save time. One night Pastor Lewis got a show of hands from all the staff women & the wife’s of staff. He said "Haven't I given you "a thus sayeth the Lord" for every doctrine that I have taught thus far?" They all agreed because they knew he had. Now he said, "since I have used the bible on every point, I want you women to bring with you tomorrow night "a thus sayeth the Lord" for you wearing those pants I see out here every night." That was it, fists were clenched & rebellion was in the air they were all breathing. He knew that certain women would never take them pants off; he must have thought however that surely, he could reach someone. Well 6 years have gone by since then that I have an idea that some on the staff would do differently if they had those days back. Maybe not, once on a downhill slope and running full speed back to Egypt it's only down/down. I am told the best thing to do when running down hill and can't stop when wanting to stop, is to fall down immediately. Yes but Danny told us years ago that “would be bad on the reputation”.

+Quote Post
Ed White
post Dec 23 2006, 07:34 PM
Post #81

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group:
QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Dec 23 2006, 07:13 PM) [snapback]165198[/snapback]

What is the most modest? A dress or slacks?

Why a dress is if you are a lady.
==========
Seashell
I am sure this SDA preacher could have produced documentation for his belief concerning women wearing that which pertainth to a man. Surely on this forum this subject has been sawed & sawed, and then the sawdust sawed, and both sides will remain the same. But if danger is lurking and a minister fails to warn, then he/she is just as guilt as though the acts had been our/their own. When I said he/she for a minister, I mean that we all are "ministers", I don't want to confuse ministers with "pastors" as only men can be a pastor.

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Dec 23 2006, 07:52 PM
Post #82

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

No Ed slacks are the most modest, especially for a women who sits in front of people facing them.

Again there is not one word in Mrs. White or the Bible that prohibits women from wearing slacks. Women and men are told not to wear clothes of the other's gender, and I agree with that. However there is no mistaking womens dress slacks for mens clothing. In our consevative church there are several women who wear slacks. They are more modest than a dress, are warmer, and quite frankly look better on some of those women than their bare legs.

BTW you and I have gone around with this issue before and you didn't have anything to prove your point then either.

In anycase we are way offtopic2.gif

Unless you have something concrete to offer from devine inspiration on this I'm out of here bye.gif

Richard

+Quote Post
Clay
post Dec 23 2006, 07:57 PM
Post #83

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ed White @ Dec 23 2006, 07:34 PM) [snapback]165204[/snapback]

==========
Seashell
I am sure this SDA preacher could have produced documentation for his belief concerning women wearing that which pertainth to a man. Surely on this forum this subject has been sawed & sawed, and then the sawdust sawed, and both sides will remain the same. But if danger is lurking and a minister fails to warn, then he/she is just as guilt as though the acts had been our/their own. When I said he/she for a minister, I mean that we all are "ministers", I don't want to confuse ministers with "pastors" as only men can be a pastor.

Ed.... are you married? cause you definitely sound chauvinistic to me... and uninformed.... as uniformed as S. Lewis.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
seeshell
post Dec 23 2006, 08:15 PM
Post #84

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Well now, I've not heard S. Lewis preach that I recall, but I have heard from sources I view as very reliable that he is a good speaker. dunno.gif

I have wondered about the pants/no pants issue quite a lot. I agree that I would not go into the men's clothing section to fill my closet...and I do believe in modesty...but I am not quite sold on the dresses only thing. In part because sometimes it seems that pants are actually more modest and practical...out doing rough chores, riding horses and bicycles... and on windy days. ohmy.gif (I know whereof I speak!) But if there is solid Scriptural evidence to support no-pants-for-ladies, I am open to hearing it.

Alas, I fear I am offtopic.gif

This post has been edited by seeshell: Dec 23 2006, 08:16 PM

--------------------
Shelley

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Dec 23 2006, 08:45 PM
Post #85

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

At the risk of the wrath of the powers that be on this forum for being offtopic.gif sorry.gif

In the Bible there were no pants that I know of, the men wore robes which look a lot like, believe it or not, dresses, ya hard to believe I know.

I'm a backpacker (somewhat fanatical), and in some areas of the US men are starting to wear kilts while hiking. I think I'll pass on that however.

There is no scriptural support for not wearing pants on women, nor from Mrs. White either. However she does say women should dress modestly, healthly, and inexpensivly.

Richard

QUOTE(seeshell @ Dec 23 2006, 09:15 PM) [snapback]165219[/snapback]

Well now, I've not heard S. Lewis preach that I recall, but I have heard from sources I view as very reliable that he is a good speaker. dunno.gif

I have wondered about the pants/no pants issue quite a lot. I agree that I would not go into the men's clothing section to fill my closet...and I do believe in modesty...but I am not quite sold on the dresses only thing. In part because sometimes it seems that pants are actually more modest and practical...out doing rough chores, riding horses and bicycles... and on windy days. ohmy.gif (I know whereof I speak!) But if there is solid Scriptural evidence to support no-pants-for-ladies, I am open to hearing it.

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Dec 23 2006, 09:07 PM
Post #86

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Ed White @ Dec 23 2006, 06:58 PM) [snapback]165195[/snapback]

One night Pastor Lewis got a show of hands from all the staff women & the wife’s of staff. He said "Haven't I given you "a thus sayeth the Lord" for every doctrine that I have taught thus far?" They all agreed because they knew he had. Now he said, "since I have used the bible on every point, I want you women to bring with you tomorrow night "a thus sayeth the Lord" for you wearing those pants I see out here every night." That was it, fists were clenched & rebellion was in the air they were all breathing.

I mentioned this before on another forum, perhaps two years ago.

3ABN has female employees on platforms operating the cameras. You don't see the camera operators on the air. Now, how can women be up on camera platforms wearing dresses?

During the Stephen Lewis presentations the camera platforms in the Bos Auditorium were a full 7 feet off the floor.

I specifically remember one female camera operator on a platform wearing slacks, and thank goodness she was, because men and women were sitting directly under and behind her.

Danny and Linda were sitting in the far back near the main exit to the parking lot when this was happening. Everyone in the auditorium could see the camera women were wearing pants, and it was causing distraction

Also, female nurses and schoolbus drivers wear pants most of the day, and the Adventist Church has a large number of both. So the comments about dresses didn't seem to make practical sense to many watching.

+Quote Post
Observer
post Dec 23 2006, 09:23 PM
Post #87

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

My understanding is that Ed is married. He can correct me if I am wroing, and he wants to right a wrong. NOTE: Have you ever failed to see Ed attempt to right a wrong?

By the way, people who know Ed personally have told me he actually is nice in person!

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Clay
post Dec 23 2006, 09:41 PM
Post #88

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(seeshell @ Dec 23 2006, 08:15 PM) [snapback]165219[/snapback]

he is a divisive speaker.... and not in a good way.... do a search cause we have discussed him here, or PM Di about what happened when he was in her area....

--------------------

+Quote Post
seeshell
post Dec 23 2006, 11:06 PM
Post #89

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Dec 23 2006, 09:41 PM) [snapback]165225[/snapback]

he is a divisive speaker.... and not in a good way.... do a search cause we have discussed him here, or PM Di about what happened when he was in her area....

Thanks, it took me awhile to find the thread, but I think I finally got it. smile.gif

--------------------
Shelley

+Quote Post
Johann
post Dec 24 2006, 12:02 AM
Post #90

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Ed White @ Dec 24 2006, 03:34 AM) [snapback]165204[/snapback]

==========

Did you ever read a discripyion or see a picture of the Reform Dress that Ellen G. Whte recommended? It consisted of long pants underneath a shorter skirt. Quite revolutionary in those days?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:46 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church