Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10407&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:57:03 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Run, Brandy, Run!, To The Latest Mrs. Danny Shelton
Clay
post Dec 12 2007, 11:05 AM
Post #31

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

there is a report feature here... if someone posts something that you believe is offensive, and/or disrespectful report it.... the administration will look at it and take appropriate action....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Dec 12 2007, 11:53 AM
Post #32

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Then you missed them or looked in the wrong thread because I made a point noting the time in which the posts were posted. And I dont' just mean that everyone is aruguing, but that this is just not appropriate for Sabbath hours. I mean since Calvin stopped closing the forum for Sabbath hours, everyone just continues with the discussions through Sabbath hours. I am not critizing any one's christianity, just asking you all to excpand it to this area, also. Let Danny enjoy his Sabbath and you all enjoy yours......passed noon or when you have finished eating dinner. Then expand it to this holiday season. If you are if a mind that this time of year is not special, the so be it. However, if you at all have any consideration for it then just let it go for a minute. Let Danny enjoy this chrismas, I am sure after his health issues recently, he has a new outlook...........somewhat. I believe everyone here to e christian, we have no members who have declared to be atheist. So christians biting and sniping at each other is sad, no matter the reason. That is what I am saying. However, as the song says. "We fall down, but we get up" Let's get up from this one.

I also noted Johann and Brenda for being in different time zone.

QUOTE(Dona @ Dec 12 2007, 01:36 AM) *
Is it really necessary to keep criticizing the christianity of others?

For what it is worth, I don't want to cause offense, but I believe you are mistaken.

I didn't understand this specific criticism, so I went back and took a look at Posts during the 24 hrs of the Sabbath (from Sundown Friday to sundown Sabbath) and saw no back and forth in the 3ABN forum. There were no posts at all by any defending 3ABN during that time. Certainly there was no fighting or arguing going on.

There were several posts by Johann, but he is in a very different time zone then most of us. Even we in North America post in different time zones from the West to the East...

Dona

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Dec 12 2007, 12:07 PM
Post #33

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Ian @ Dec 12 2007, 10:30 AM) *
Surely administartors are not infallible when posting their opinions or views and don't enforce those things on others? Calvin doesn't allow disrespect for himself as owner, or his administrators in that role or for the forum rules. I agree with that. He does allow personal disagreement with himself, and his views and opinions aside from that. I applaud that, and his ability to separate those things. The rest of us should also be able to do so...

It's one thing to show disrespect for a administrator or forum rules, it's quite a different thing to disagree with a fellow member and their personal opinions. The latter was what was being done. PrincessDi posted her personal view and was incorrect, and was corrected as politely as was possible.

You are not a administrator Mr, J, so why your constant venom, personal fault finding, personal attacks and scoldings are allowed while others are constantly warned and threatened for far less is beyond me. It's embarassing, and confusing.

Maybe if all knew the same standards applied equally to all, and what they were, then more would know and understand what those standards are and keep to them, and we would have more respect toward one another???

I myself am constantly confused by the inconsistency and double standards posted by you and your friends.
For example, I assume if how and what you post is ok, and acceptable, then what I or others post should be just fine too, but I am discovering that is usually not the case.

So, If I am suspended or banned for expressing my confusion and dismay here? I guess that's just the way things are.

People sometimes become a bit blue around Christmas. The days get shorter and colder.

At times like this, it might be good to step away from the board for a bit and spend more time with family members and sharing holiday cheer with others in your sphere of caring. Trim the tree. Hang the holly.

Then, Ian, as the days get longer and the days brighter, and the warmth of the sun brings forth tulip and crocus in sparkling variety of color, and as the cheerful bluebird returns to its summer domain, your profound confusion and dismay will surely disappear with the last, wayward, snow flurries of winter.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Dec 12 2007, 12:23 PM
Post #34

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

I thank Mr. J, firstly, for having my back. He is right in that my admin actions are generally questioned by your group and not usually in sucha polite manner. I know why that is, but that is another subject for another day. However, Dona did as a question and I have no problem clarifying my comment sofr anyone.

However, Ian, I am real tired of the charge of beign unfair or biased. I am not in that people on both sides on this issue has been suspended for misbehavior. The truth here is that Appletree just stated that you all won't be bringing any kind of rebuttal evidence to this forum discussion of events. So that really only leaves for you all to attack the posters of the information being given and that is what you have been doing in wave after wave of supporter sent here and it is unacceptable. Now, when someone responds in kind, you all have a problem. That is also unacceptable. IOW, you come here to keep the information from getting out, because since youare not going to give rebuttal. So you change the focus to the poster to discredit them. It is often mean and cruel. Now this is not how it always happens, but there has been a domino effect from the way you all present yourselfs here. My point is that at this point everybody is about the same right now. As I said biting and sniping at each other all the time. Dishing it out, but not being able to take the heat themselves. Beleive me, had all these posts been worded as Dona's last post it would be better, but hardly any are. It is mostly when one wants to portray the victim, once again I am talking about both sides....with few exceptions.

So with that said, here it is point blank. If you have no direct rebuttal information to give in repsonse to information posted, then refrain from trying to discredit the poster. You are right we are not in court and you all are not lawyers and only Mr.'s Joy and Pickle are on trial, elsehwere. If the poster has no credicility with you you can state that without indulting or being mean, just the facts. Also, this has not happened recently, but you group is good for a thinly veiled threat, please do not feel the need to go back there.

I am really asking everyone, ALL members who participate in this forum to be kinder, gentler, the christians I know us all to be when not in the emotionally charged forum.

Ian you will not be suspended or banned for this post, because Dona led out with a question, I have since clarified and both you and Mr. J's comments came out of the first post by Dona. However, as Clay has posted if you have any concerns about any member's or admin's posts there is a report function here. Also, if it is a problem with an admin, there is always the option to report straight to Calvin. Any further discussion on this post of mine, please respond in PM to me, the Admins or directly to Calvin.

QUOTE(Ian @ Dec 12 2007, 08:30 AM) *
Surely administartors are not infallible when posting their opinions or views and don't enforce those things on others? Calvin doesn't allow disrespect for himself as owner, or his administrators in that role or for the forum rules. I agree with that. He does allow personal disagreement with himself, and his views and opinions aside from that. I applaud that, and his ability to separate those things. The rest of us should also be able to do so...

It's one thing to show disrespect for a administrator or forum rules, it's quite a different thing to disagree with a fellow member and their personal opinions. The latter was what was being done. PrincessDi posted her personal view and was incorrect, and was corrected as politely as was possible.

You are not a administrator Mr, J, so why your constant venom, personal fault finding, personal attacks and scoldings are allowed while others are constantly warned and threatened for far less is beyond me. It's embarassing, and confusing.

Maybe if all knew the same standards applied equally to all, and what they were, then more would know and understand what those standards are and keep to them, and we would have more respect toward one another???

I myself am constantly confused by the inconsistency and double standards posted by you and your friends.
For example, I assume if how and what you post is ok, and acceptable, then what I or others post should be just fine too, but I am discovering that is usually not the case.

So, If I am suspended or banned for expressing my confusion and dismay here? I guess that's just the way things are.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Dec 12 2007, 05:57 PM
Post #35

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

yes.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Dec 29 2007, 06:47 PM
Post #36

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

So, have the concerns of the safety of the children been addressed, in earnest, or has it all been swept under the rug?

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Dec 29 2007, 07:43 PM
Post #37

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Here's the broom.....

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
appletree
post Dec 30 2007, 02:38 AM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(Seraphim7 @ Dec 29 2007, 06:47 PM) *
So, have the concerns of the safety of the children been addressed, in earnest, or has it all been swept under the rug?

What concerns would that be? I happen to see Danny and Brandy in church today with their girls. The oldest was here for Christmas Vacation. She, (on her own) came in and sat beside Danny. They were talking and she was laughing. The younger one took her crayons and color books and sat in the floor at his feet coloring pictures and then showing them all to him. It is very obvious that both girls think a lot of him and that he cares for them in return. He has been an excellent step parent to them and they know and appreciate that, as does Brandy. I have observed this many times. Have you Sera?

+Quote Post
appletree
post Dec 30 2007, 02:41 AM
Post #39

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Dec 12 2007, 12:07 PM) *
People sometimes become a bit blue around Christmas. The days get shorter and colder.

At times like this, it might be good to step away from the board for a bit and spend more time with family members and sharing holiday cheer with others in your sphere of caring. Trim the tree. Hang the holly.

Then, Ian, as the days get longer and the days brighter, and the warmth of the sun brings forth tulip and crocus in sparkling variety of color, and as the cheerful bluebird returns to its summer domain, your profound confusion and dismay will surely disappear with the last, wayward, snow flurries of winter.

And surely, by the time that daffodils bloom and the smell of honeysuckle is in the air...you all will finally have become bored with all the gossip and speculation, will see that God's ministry continues forward and will forget about this thread and actually get a life beyond 3abn.

+Quote Post
appletree
post Dec 30 2007, 02:53 AM
Post #40

Advanced Member

QUOTE(princessdi @ Dec 11 2007, 10:58 PM) *
Forgive me for not making that clear. The part about attacking members is just some mercy extended in this holiday season in the form of a warning. I am not wanting to break my Christmas spirit by have to suspend any grown person who should know how to act by now.

I really tire of this mess to tell you the truth. I was so disappointed when I came home Saturday night to see that you all had not even stopped this back and forth mess to praise and worship God on His Holy Day. Not even for 24 hrs. will you save the breath He faithfully provides each day stop nipping and biting at each other to give Him His due, IMHO, you ALL, need to take Sabbaths off from this confusion, without Calvin having to close the forum. You ALL are grown and supposed to be christians. SDA Christian, you know The Remnant. But you fight and argue even on the Sabbath like children. If I had my way, I would close this entire forum for Christmas, if it would not please Danny 's people so. But you all need to take This time, when we are remembering how Christ entered this earth to give us the Ultimate Gift, to tak a look at yourselves and what all this is doing to you. Ok, so this paragraph is as a member, and maybe a little as an admin who is really very tired of dealing with this mess.

Now, if you need me to clarify anything else, let me know.

Yes I see your points. You would like everyone to quit argueing and behaving like children, especially on God's holy day. You would like it enough that you would like to shut down this forum over Sabbath, but, you can't do that because it would please Danny's people too much?
You can see how that statement might confuse people as to whether you are talking as the "adult christian" or the nipping and biting child.

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Dec 30 2007, 08:54 AM
Post #41

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(appletree @ Dec 30 2007, 03:38 AM) *
It is very obvious that both girls think a lot of him and that he cares for them in return. He has been an excellent step parent to them and they know and appreciate that, as does Brandy. I have observed this many times. Have you Sera?

I haven't observed this, but I've read similar stories about J. James.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Dec 30 2007, 10:48 AM
Post #42

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

What concerns would that be? I happen to see Danny and Brandy in church today with their girls. The oldest was here for Christmas Vacation. She, (on her own) came in and sat beside Danny. They were talking and she was laughing. The younger one took her crayons and color books and sat in the floor at his feet coloring pictures and then showing them all to him. It is very obvious that both girls think a lot of him and that he cares for them in return. He has been an excellent step parent to them and they know and appreciate that, as does Brandy. I have observed this many times. Have you Sera?

QUOTE(appletree @ Dec 30 2007, 03:41 AM) *
And surely, by the time that daffodils bloom and the smell of honeysuckle is in the air...you all will finally have become bored with all the gossip and speculation, will see that God's ministry continues forward and will forget about this thread and actually get a life beyond 3abn.

None of your statements matter if either one of Brandy's children or any child in the past has been molested under the guidance of Danny or if Danny knew about said molestation and didn't do anything about it for any reason.

Children who are/have been molested still love the molestor. Of course you wouldn't know that (unless you are a professional and have blinders on).

Again - we (any and all) can only speak to what they have observed. Those that speak (as witnessess or those molested) can speak to what they know.

As for saying that people will get "bored" and find a life beyond theses threads of 3ABN - could the same be stated for someone that continues to post in these threads also (that someone being you Appletree in case you were unaware of your own posting in these threads)?

Carry on folks!
snack.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Dec 30 2007, 03:41 PM
Post #43

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

I am going to let you slide with that one, Appletree and not suspend you for the bolded remark. Merry Christmas! Don't ever say I never gave you anything. No one with any real sense is confused. You and your cohorts are here to cause confusion, and at some point you really hope that the 3ABN forum here at BSDA willb e shut down, as were they were on other forums early on. The tatics used other places were not successful here. Please don't act as if you don't know. Once again it is about Danny's own actions. We still are not closing the forum and can recognize every attempt to try to get us to do so. You really must remember the motto.

If you really want to know the truth,I am speaking as an admin whiis really very tired of the entire thing. Danny is going to do what he wants to do and answer to no one(except God much to his shagrin oneday), You, his supporters are going to continue his every word and deed, no matter had wrong it is,GC is going to do absolutely nothing, most members are going to do absolutely nothing, the two dies in this are going to argue day and and day out, all the time getting closer to being alike in their tatics, being right by any means necessary. By your own admission, you do not refute any of the accusations posted h ere with your own information, because you are saving it all for coming out in court. So you come here and attack the memebers whoare asking the questions, posting the information, you are always busy trying to find out who those who post anonymously are(this actually applies to both sides, in all fairness, call it human curiosity), you have used thin veiled threats. Everybody is reporting the other for doing exactly what they are trying to do. Calvin, Steve, and myself have spent countless hours that most members are not aware of refereeing this madness, reading thousands of post( 3-4 years later) to try and dort out who shot who first. Most of you were banned for your antics, here in favor of Danny, However, Calvin being a true christian man and trying to be fair invited you all back so that both sides could be represented.. A few of you took his kindness for weaknes and got banned once again. The rest have continued in your campaign. Although a bit kinder,and gentler, evening stopping to enjoy the arcade and say a kind word. The truth is while I believe Danny and those at 3ABN are a guilty as sin, this junk is getting tiresome. However, I will continue to do my job as Admin here, and on a whole it is one that I truly love and enjoy....inspite of these minor irritations.
yes.gif

QUOTE(appletree @ Dec 30 2007, 12:53 AM) *
Yes I see your points. You would like everyone to quit argueing and behaving like children, especially on God's holy day. You would like it enough that you would like to shut down this forum over Sabbath, but, you can't do that because it would please Danny's people too much?
You can see how that statement might confuse people as to whether you are talking as the "adult christian" or the nipping and biting child.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Dec 30 2007, 05:09 PM
Post #44

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

What concerns would that be? I happen to see Danny and Brandy in church today with their girls. The oldest was here for Christmas Vacation...He has been an excellent step parent to them and they know and appreciate that, as does Brandy. I have observed this many times. Have you Sera?

The fact is, you do not live with them and you have no clue what kind of parents they may be dealing with.

For all we know the "observations" you claim are all in your imagination wacko.gif Another fact is, we do not know you from jack so your claims to know them mean what? For all we know you can claim to know the Muffin man or the Staypuff Marshmallow Man. Big wooooop

As a former child, and teenage, rape victim myself there are a lot of things I observed and KNOW. Being a former victim, I KNOW that things are NEVER all they seem simply based on the happy Sabbath, or other public, face people (victims included) put on. That reality is just common sense. blink.gif

Appletree have you ever been molested or raped? If not, then you can not personally speak to what face people put on in public. So please peddle your "what do you know" chicken act elsewhere. We're not flinching. nono.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Dec 30 2007, 06:15 PM
Post #45

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Thanks for sharing this post. You have my utmost respect and admiration for being able to, at least on the surface, put what must been a nightmare behind you and use it to make a point for God.

Richard

QUOTE(Seraphim7 @ Dec 30 2007, 06:09 PM) *
The fact is, you do not live with them and you have no clue what kind of parents they may be dealing with.

For all we know the "observations" you claim are all in your imagination wacko.gif Another fact is, we do not know you from jack so your claims to know them mean what? For all we know you can claim to know the Muffin man or the Staypuff Marshmallow Man. Big wooooop

As a former child, and teenage, rape victim myself there are a lot of things I observed and KNOW. Being a former victim, I KNOW that things are NEVER all they seem simply based on the happy Sabbath, or other public, face people (victims included) put on. That reality is just common sense. blink.gif

Appletree have you ever been molested or raped? If not, then you can not personally speak to what face people put on in public. So please peddle your "what do you know" chicken act elsewhere. We're not flinching. nono.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:57 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church