Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8572&st=690 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:50:42 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

49 Pages V  « < 45 46 47 48 49 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Shelton Marries....again, 3abn
Clay
post Jul 20 2006, 09:50 AM
Post #691

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(icedragon @ Jul 20 2006, 09:37 AM) [snapback]140672[/snapback]

It is wrong to talk to someone of the opposite sex if you are married? What is this the 1850's. I thought the Victorian areas was over along time ago. It is wrong to have sex with someone of the opposite sex that is adultery, but talk that is stupid. bangin.gif that is like the old "adademy" days when you were accused of having sex if you held hands. How stupid.

I remember those days Ice... and in the academy I went to there was separate seating.... guys on the left, girls on the right.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Jul 20 2006, 10:19 AM
Post #692

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 830

Ironically, this is what Linda (at least then stated directly on her web-site)...apparently both she and Danny believe that this was "morally wrong".

QUOTE(icedragon @ Jul 20 2006, 08:37 AM) [snapback]140672[/snapback]

It is wrong to talk to someone of the opposite sex if you are married? What is this the 1850's. I thought the Victorian areas was over along time ago. It is wrong to have sex with someone of the opposite sex that is adultery, but talk that is stupid. bangin.gif that is like the old "adademy" days when you were accused of having sex if you held hands. How stupid.

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Mar 24 2006, 09:46 AM) [snapback]123023[/snapback]

I read something on Linda Shelton's website that did concern me regarding that...

"Q. What about phone calls? Did you talk to someone regularly of the opposite sex?
A.I met Dr. Abrahamsen, a 60 year old physician, elder and counselor, briefly at 3ABN the last week of December 2003. He began treating my son, Nathan, in January 2004. We began speaking on the phone in regards to Nathan’s problems when "the problem" began. Since Dr. Abrahamsen lived 6,000 miles away, and "the problem" involved some high profile people, I felt this was the best option. Typically I do not believe it is proper to speak regularly to people of the opposite sex when one is married. However, I do believe in a crisis situation the rules change. One must get help where one can find it."

It sounds like she may have believed that there was something wrong here....While the quote does not call it that, there is an implied "this is wrong, but because it was a crisi situation, it can be excused"... blink.gif

http://www.lindashelton.org/questions.html

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jul 23 2006, 12:03 PM
Post #693

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

Her quotation and the way it was made is interesting to me. Why? Because she said it in such an "interesting" context. The discussion of her (alleged/"supposed") relationship with the Dr - which he has already stated was one of "business only" and not being sexually based at all.

scratchchin.gif

Since she said it - I wonder if Danny thinks the same way? Since he probably does; (considering that he would divorce his wife for doing so) - could it be said that she also had grounds for the divorce for his "late-night conversations" with the Brenda woman?

scratchchin.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Jul 23 2006, 02:14 PM
Post #694

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jul 23 2006, 01:03 PM) [snapback]141377[/snapback]

Her quotation and the way it was made is interesting to me. Why? Because she said it in such an "interesting" context. The discussion of her (alleged/"supposed") relationship with the Dr - which he has already stated was one of "business only" and not being sexually based at all.

scratchchin.gif

Since she said it - I wonder if Danny thinks the same way? Since he probably does; (considering that he would divorce his wife for doing so) - could it be said that she also had grounds for the divorce for his "late-night conversations" with the Brenda woman?

scratchchin.gif

No, my dear princess, you misunderstand. See... Danny is high and exalted, and from his lofty perch he issues forth commandments and principles that are for the good of humanity. He, being the great poobah, dwells in a realm that is beyond the restrictions and limitations under which us mortals must chaffe, and in that blessed realm, the buffet is not just for window shopping, it is an all you can eat feast. The only rule is that when one course has been consumed, you have to dispose of the old plate and get a new one. Of course a little sampling from the line is acceptable so long as the plate is still on the table.

There, my lady. Do you now understand the rules?

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jul 23 2006, 04:52 PM
Post #695

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Thanks BT. Iffin' I didn't get it before I sho' gots it now!
giggle.gif

Excellent analogy of a "buffet" might I add and I loved the shout out to the "great poobah"....

Carry on peoples!

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 23 2006, 09:02 PM
Post #696

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jul 23 2006, 04:52 PM) [snapback]141406[/snapback]

Thanks BT. Iffin' I didn't get it before I sho' gots it now!
giggle.gif

Excellent analogy of a "buffet" might I add and I loved the shout out to the "great poobah"....

Carry on peoples!

snack.gif

ummmmm there is only one Great Grand Poohbah..... though he be a heathen one.....lol

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Hersheys99
post Jul 23 2006, 09:36 PM
Post #697

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,672

ummmmm there is only one Great Grand Poohbah..... though he be a heathen one.....lol

You know we won't replace ya!! giggle.gif

--------------------
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Unknown)

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jul 23 2006, 10:57 PM
Post #698

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Jul 23 2006, 10:02 PM) [snapback]141430[/snapback]

...but see Danny-Boy thanks him be the Poobah....him ain't doe....him jes the..um....first part of de name....

A hot mess, on toast, with a side of yeah...that's right......fresh - FRESH HADES!

spoton.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jul 23 2006, 11:14 PM
Post #699

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jul 24 2006, 12:57 AM) [snapback]141446[/snapback]

...but see Danny-Boy thanks him be the Poobah....him ain't doe....him jes the..um....first part of de name....

A hot mess, on toast, with a side of yeah...that's right......fresh - FRESH HADES!

spoton.gif

Side of toe jam gurl... rofl1.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Jul 23 2006, 11:54 PM
Post #700

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Jul 24 2006, 12:14 AM) [snapback]141449[/snapback]

Side of toe jam gurl... rofl1.gif

OK now, ya'll are killin' me!!! rofl1.gif roflmao.gif

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Jul 24 2006, 12:06 AM
Post #701

500 + posts
Group Icon

Yep, he ain't the great grand poobah... just the great grand poo, and somebody has their hand on the handle and is about to flush. Might have to use the old plungie to get this one to go down... 20 years of constipation you know... and the can is getting rather full. Gonna have to use a whole roll to clean that mess off the backside of the church. just put that in the trash can. the toilet will get backed up. When its all said and done, I'll get a tube of Preperation H to help relieve the itching and burning.

This post has been edited by beartrap: Jul 24 2006, 12:06 AM

+Quote Post
inga
post Jul 24 2006, 01:10 AM
Post #702

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jul 23 2006, 11:57 PM) [snapback]141446[/snapback]

clap.gif clapping.gif happydance.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif

+Quote Post
no_cults
post Jul 24 2006, 09:39 AM
Post #703

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,322

QUOTE(beartrap @ Jul 23 2006, 11:54 PM) [snapback]141469[/snapback]

OK now, ya'll are killin' me!!! rofl1.gif roflmao.gif

You gotta way with dem words!!!!

+Quote Post
davenet
post Sep 9 2006, 11:17 PM
Post #704

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 2,223

QUOTE(summertime @ Apr 4 2006, 08:16 AM) [snapback]125173[/snapback]

Michael English is now again singing with the Gaither Group.

What you said there is misleading... while he has sung at some events with them, he his NOT part of the Gaither Vocal Band. He has not been part of Gaither's organization since his dismissal about a decade or so ago.

David

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Sep 9 2006, 11:19 PM
Post #705

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(davenet @ Sep 10 2006, 12:17 AM) [snapback]151058[/snapback]

What you said there is misleading... while he has sung at some events with them, he his NOT part of the Gaither Vocal Band. He has not been part of Gaither's organization since his dismissal about a decade or so ago.

David

uhm.gif blink.gif

+Quote Post

49 Pages V  « < 45 46 47 48 49 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:50 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church