Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8572&st=705 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:50:44 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

49 Pages V  « < 46 47 48 49 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Shelton Marries....again, 3abn
Clay
post Sep 10 2006, 12:44 AM
Post #706

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(davenet @ Sep 10 2006, 12:17 AM) [snapback]151058[/snapback]

What you said there is misleading... while he has sung at some events with them, he his NOT part of the Gaither Vocal Band. He has not been part of Gaither's organization since his dismissal about a decade or so ago.

David

and?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
davenet
post Sep 10 2006, 12:45 AM
Post #707

Welcome Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,223

QUOTE(Clay @ Sep 9 2006, 11:44 PM) [snapback]151070[/snapback]

and?

I'm not following you here... and what? Someone said he was part of the Gaither group again, which is not the case.

David

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 10 2006, 12:49 AM
Post #708

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(davenet @ Sep 10 2006, 01:45 AM) [snapback]151072[/snapback]

I'm not following you here... and what? Someone said he was part of the Gaither group again, which is not the case.

David

so he is no longer singing with them... okay, so that was a point you wanted to clarify or did that tidbit of info have some bearing on this particular thread?

--------------------

+Quote Post
davenet
post Sep 10 2006, 12:59 AM
Post #709

Welcome Newbie

QUOTE(Clay @ Sep 9 2006, 11:49 PM) [snapback]151074[/snapback]

so he is no longer singing with them... okay, so that was a point you wanted to clarify or did that tidbit of info have some bearing on this particular thread?

I just wanted to clarify that he is NOT singing with the Gaithers, he is a solo artist now. Other than that, there is nothing to add to this thread. It wasn't on topic from the OP, but since it was brought up, thought it needed to be clarified. I remember when this event happened, Michael English was fired from the Gaithers and the girl he was involved with was fired from First Call. He was out of the business for quite a number of years before he started slowly to get back into the business. However, he has never regained his former status, from what I can tell. He's a sideshow at this point, at least from all I have seen.

David

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Sep 10 2006, 01:05 AM
Post #710

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

I'm not very familiar with Michael English, but I would contend (based on the history you mentioned) that there is definitely relevance to this thread.
It would seem the the business of "Christian" entertainment is crawling with scandalous sideshows.

This post has been edited by beartrap: Sep 10 2006, 01:06 AM

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 10 2006, 01:57 AM
Post #711

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(davenet @ Sep 10 2006, 12:59 AM) [snapback]151077[/snapback]

I just wanted to clarify that he is NOT singing with the Gaithers, he is a solo artist now. Other than that, there is nothing to add to this thread. It wasn't on topic from the OP, but since it was brought up, thought it needed to be clarified. I remember when this event happened, Michael English was fired from the Gaithers and the girl he was involved with was fired from First Call. He was out of the business for quite a number of years before he started slowly to get back into the business. However, he has never regained his former status, from what I can tell. He's a sideshow at this point, at least from all I have seen.

David

thanks Dave for the clarification.... I didn't know about the other info.... interesting..... I like First Call ...... thought they had an awesome sound....

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Sep 10 2006, 07:22 PM
Post #712

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(beartrap @ Sep 10 2006, 12:05 AM) [snapback]151078[/snapback]

I'm not very familiar with Michael English, but I would contend (based on the history you mentioned) that there is definitely relevance to this thread.
It would seem the the business of "Christian" entertainment is crawling with scandalous sideshows.

Get familiar with him. I personally feel he is one of the best all time male vocalists. He has an incredible voice. Because of some bad choices, he suffered many consequences (loss of a wife/family, career, reputation) and the testimony in his music is very moving. He messed up; he drew close to God; God healed him and grew him. Nice example of what redemption can and does do. Buy his Heaven on Earth CD. The Finally Free song especially. It's powerful. I have several personal reasons why this touched me....I could go on, but I won't. clap.gif ( I receive no royalties from nudging you to buy this cd giggle.gif )

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
davenet
post Sep 10 2006, 08:50 PM
Post #713

Welcome Newbie

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Sep 10 2006, 05:22 PM) [snapback]151241[/snapback]

Get familiar with him. I personally feel he is one of the best all time male vocalists. He has an incredible voice. Because of some bad choices, he suffered many consequences (loss of a wife/family, career, reputation) and the testimony in his music is very moving. He messed up; he drew close to God; God healed him and grew him. Nice example of what redemption can and does do. Buy his Heaven on Earth CD. The Finally Free song especially. It's powerful. I have several personal reasons why this touched me....I could go on, but I won't. clap.gif ( I receive no royalties from nudging you to buy this cd giggle.gif )

I agree with you about Michael's voice. I have been a fan of the Gaithers going back to the late 70's and when Bill started the Vocal Band, I purchased all their albums too. I really missed Michael's contribution to the group when it all came crashing down. I bought his first CD when it came out, but I really didn't like the second one at all. The recent ones I have not heard, I may have to go over to iTunes and listen to some snippets of his current work.

David

+Quote Post
Chez
post Sep 10 2006, 09:34 PM
Post #714

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,417

QUOTE(davenet @ Sep 10 2006, 08:50 PM) [snapback]151251[/snapback]

I agree with you about Michael's voice. I have been a fan of the Gaithers going back to the late 70's and when Bill started the Vocal Band, I purchased all their albums too. I really missed Michael's contribution to the group when it all came crashing down. I bought his first CD when it came out, but I really didn't like the second one at all. The recent ones I have not heard, I may have to go over to iTunes and listen to some snippets of his current work.

David

Did I miss something? But what does this have to do with Danny Shelton getting married again? dunno.gif

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Sep 11 2006, 02:34 AM
Post #715

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(Chez @ Sep 10 2006, 10:34 PM) [snapback]151253[/snapback]

Did I miss something? But what does this have to do with Danny Shelton getting married again? dunno.gif

I think the part about Michael having an affair and stuff. no.gif

+Quote Post
davenet
post Sep 11 2006, 07:46 AM
Post #716

Welcome Newbie

QUOTE(beartrap @ Sep 11 2006, 12:34 AM) [snapback]151266[/snapback]

I think the part about Michael having an affair and stuff. no.gif

Yes, that is the relevant part, but I did wander a bit from the topic though, sorry.

David

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Dec 27 2007, 11:27 PM
Post #717

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

bump.gif

It is interesting, at least to me, that the article noted in the original OP (http://www.atoday.com/6.0.html?&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=57&tx_ttnews[backPid]=1&cHash=8a01792fdf ) can no longer be found on the "AT" website. blink.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Dec 28 2007, 03:35 AM
Post #718

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Seraphim7 @ Dec 27 2007, 11:27 PM) *
bump.gif

It is interesting, at least to me, that the article noted in the original OP (http://www.atoday.com/6.0.html?&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=57&tx_ttnews[backPid]=1&cHash=8a01792fdf ) can no longer be found on the "AT" website. blink.gif

Note of clarification: It is my understanding that Brandy Lynn Elswick in the first Adventist Today publication is the same person referred to as being Brandy Murray in Vance Ferrell's Pilgrim's Rest publication that follows. I'm putting the AToday story here, followed by a snippet of the Vance Ferrell publication.

March 23, 2006

3ABN PRESIDENT MARRIED

Danny Shelton, 54, president of the Three Angels Broadcasting Network (3ABN), a television and radio outlet with strong ties to the Seventh-day Adventist Church, married Brandy Lynn Elswick, 33, on Wednesday, March 8, in a brief ceremony that took place on the 3ABN compound in West Frankfort, Illinois. Mr. Shelton and his previous wife, Linda Shelton, were divorced in June 2004 in an action filed in Guam, Micronesia. A posting on “Linda Shelton’s Official Web Site” (lindashelton.org) states that “For over one year my attorneys have been contesting the validity of the Guam divorce. Dan's attorneys have been seeking to attest the validity of this divorce. This divorce was just recently validated by the court.”

In an interview with Adventist Today, Mr. Shelton also stated that the divorce action is final. If it were not final, he stated that he would not have been able to secure a marriage license. According to a clerk in the Office of the County Clerk of Franklin County, Illinois, the county within which the 3ABN headquarters are located, the marriage license to Mr. Shelton and Ms. Elswick was issued on March 7, 2006, one day before the wedding. This is a third marriage for both. Ms. Elswick is a recent convert to the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

Mr. Shelton spoke on the telephone with an Adventist Today representative to confirm and correct several aspects of this story.

http://www.sdadefend.com/MINDEX-T/ThreeABN-Suit.pdf

(See three pages at the link above)

“We have repeatedly asserted that, if there is no proof,
then a remarriage [by Danny] would constitute an adulterous
relationship. Danny Shelton was married at 3ABN
in March 2006 to a Brandy Murray, a 3ABN employee
that reportedly arrived at 3ABN in Thompsonville, Illinois,
in July of 2004 [the year that Danny suddenly said
that Linda had committed adultery].” Italics theirs.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Dec 30 2007, 07:31 PM
Post #719

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Seraphim7 @ Dec 28 2007, 12:27 AM) *
bump.gif

If you will check other things on the AT website, I think you will find that no old urls "work".... it seems they did not take into consideration those who save urls when they redesigned and reorganized their site.

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Dec 30 2007, 10:32 PM
Post #720

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(watchbird @ Dec 30 2007, 08:31 PM) *
If you will check other things on the AT website, I think you will find that no old urls "work".... it seems they did not take into consideration those who save urls when they redesigned and reorganized their site.

No worries. smile.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post

49 Pages V  « < 46 47 48 49 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:50 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church