Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8572&st=285 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:49:48 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

49 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 22 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Shelton Marries....again, 3abn
summertime
post Apr 19 2006, 01:04 PM
Post #286

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(happyness @ Apr 18 2006, 08:42 AM) [snapback]126944[/snapback]

I find it very hurtful that you would accuse me of such a thing. You don't know me or what happened in my marriage. Just because I don't speak publically about my personal life, doesn't mean that I didn't have grounds for divorce. I did have grounds (over & over again). I feel that is in the best interest of my children, not to speak publically about their father.

Melody Shelton Firestone

Are you speaking publically about their father now, happyness? The child support? The grounds for support over and over again?
summer
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 19 2006, 01:09 PM
Post #287

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

Did a google and found this tidbit by Walter Thompson in defense of the divorce....

Likewise, the printing of claims regarding Linda's relationship with the Norwegian physician to be solely about her son's treatment is to promote a story which the facts do not support. Without going into detail, we have solid evidence that, prior to her divorce and termination, Linda spent considerable time with this physician, both on the telephone and in person, in a manner inappropriate for a leader of a Christian ministry, or for any married woman for that matter. These contacts, inappropriate in their length, subject matter, and subterfuge, continued despite requests by both Danny and other Three Angels leadership that they cease. It is also clear, even by Linda's own admission, that the vast majority of these interactions had nothing to do with medical treatments for her son. In the short time since her divorce, Linda has traveled to Europe twice for nearly five weeks to spend time with this physician. These recent trips, which were taken without her son, have caused many of Linda's formerly die-hard supporters to recognize the truth of the matter of Linda's inappropriate relationship, and to cease their efforts in defending her.
http://www.atoday.com/255.0.html

Is any of what he said true.... or is it a true lie?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
summertime
post Apr 19 2006, 01:17 PM
Post #288

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 19 2006, 01:09 PM) [snapback]127172[/snapback]

Did a google and found this tidbit by Walter Thompson in defense of the divorce....

Truth or false? Stay in touchwith C/A. THere will be more told about this in the near future.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 19 2006, 01:20 PM
Post #289

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(summertime @ Apr 19 2006, 01:17 PM) [snapback]127175[/snapback]

Truth or false? Stay in touchwith C/A. THere will be more told about this in the near future.

C/A? Is that Clubadventist? I was a member, right up until the point they wanted to charge me for chatting on their site... I believe internet chat should be free... btjm (btjm = but that's just me, you are new so you may not know the term)

I hope anyone who is there may want to share the info here... but time will tell...

--------------------

+Quote Post
summertime
post Apr 19 2006, 01:56 PM
Post #290

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 19 2006, 01:20 PM) [snapback]127176[/snapback]

C/A? Is that Clubadventist? I was a member, right up until the point they wanted to charge me for chatting on their site... I believe internet chat should be free... btjm (btjm = but that's just me, you are new so you may not know the term)

I hope anyone who is there may want to share the info here... but time will tell...

Can anyone there tell me how to send a PM on this forum? Thank You

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Apr 19 2006, 02:32 PM
Post #291

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 19 2006, 10:43 AM) [snapback]127130[/snapback]

Never Wrestle With A Pig ...

... you'll both get dirty, and only the pig will enjoy it.

...and you both end up real....REAL STANK.

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 19 2006, 02:09 PM) [snapback]127172[/snapback]

....Is any of what he said true.... or is it a true lie?

Some of it seems to be off per the settlement that 3ABN gave Linda.

Why give a settlement if it was "her fault"?

dunno.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
sister
post Apr 19 2006, 02:36 PM
Post #292

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(summertime @ Apr 19 2006, 02:56 PM) [snapback]127180[/snapback]

Can anyone there tell me how to send a PM on this forum? Thank You

Summertime, Hi, this is Sister. For an example: see my name in bold print on the left side of the screen. Click on my name, this will bring up a new screen with information about me. Scroll down and on the right side is a section that says Communicate. One of the options listed is send a private message. Click on that and write your message. Hope that helps you!

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Apr 19 2006, 02:39 PM
Post #293

Guests

QUOTE(sister @ Apr 19 2006, 04:36 PM) [snapback]127184[/snapback]

Summertime, Hi, this is Sister. For an example: see my name in bold print on the left side of the screen. Click on my name, this will bring up a new screen with information about me. Scroll down and on the right side is a section that says Communicate. One of the options listed is send a private message. Click on that and write your message. Hope that helps you!

Alternatively, if you want to PM after reading someone's post click the PM button that is under the person's name on the left hand side of the post.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 19 2006, 03:05 PM
Post #294

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

It is the same thing Kuzma was saying when she came here, I don't see them changing the party line at this point.

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 19 2006, 11:09 AM) [snapback]127172[/snapback]

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Apr 19 2006, 03:24 PM
Post #295

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Member No.: 712

QUOTE(princessdi @ Apr 19 2006, 04:05 PM) [snapback]127199[/snapback]

It is the same thing Kuzma was saying when she came here, I don't see them changing the party line at this point.

yes.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Apr 19 2006, 04:11 PM
Post #296

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 19 2006, 01:09 PM) [snapback]127172[/snapback]

The article mentions "solid evidence." The solid evidence seems to be proof of something that is unacceptable to one of the parties. (They chose the word "inappropriate" in this particular article). Therefore, in theory, solid evidence could be evidence that Linda knows how to dial the telephone, if using a telephone is inappropriate.

Inappropriate is anything I say it is , like the radish they put in my salad.

Is it true or not true that the radish in my salad is inappropriate ?

The published retort you mention strikes me as a whole lot of nothing.

I doubt you will ever see this so-called evidence and neither will Linda Shelton. Linda says there is none. You will not be provided with the names of the people who supposedly saw the evidence, either.

We would have better luck looking for evidence of Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq.

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Apr 19 2006, 04:31 PM

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 19 2006, 04:47 PM
Post #297

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Apr 19 2006, 05:11 PM) [snapback]127211[/snapback]

The article mentions "solid evidence." The solid evidence seems to be proof of something that is unacceptable to one of the parties. (They chose the word "inappropriate" in this particular article). Therefore, in theory, solid evidence could be evidence that Linda knows how to dial the telephone, if using a telephone is inappropriate.

Inappropriate is anything I say it is , like the radish they put in my salad.

Is it true or not true that the radish in my salad is inappropriate ?

The published retort you mention strikes me as a whole lot of nothing.

I doubt you will ever see this so-called evidence and neither will Linda Shelton. Linda says there is none. You will not be provided with the names of the people who supposedly saw the evidence, either.

We would have better luck looking for evidence of Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq.
That is what I was thinking too Panama Pete.... and because they had Linda gagged they could say what they wanted...

I said it before, and I will said it again, EVEN IF Linda did everything they accused her of, based on the principles outlined by Christ, Mr. Shelton SHOULD NOT have treated her in the manner she was treated...

--------------------

+Quote Post
sister
post Apr 19 2006, 05:49 PM
Post #298

500 + posts
Group Icon

This is the most recent letter that is circulating attributed to Dr. Walter Thompson:

From Walter Thompson
Chairman, 3ABN board of Directors

Regarding Danny's marriage

Dear Family and Friends of 3ABN,

Two years ago 3ABN was challenged by the most difficult battle the ministry has ever faced. It was a battle that threatened the very existence of the ministry and the work of preaching the end time message of the Three Angel's to the world. It is only because of the grace and power of God Almighty, and the faithful support of you, the 3ABN family, that the ministry has survived to preach another day. Today, the ministry is stronger than it has ever been and its reach into the world even broader and more powerful for the cause of truth.

As is always the case when in the public eye, questions arise,stories abound, and rumors spread. We thank God that you have trusted the leadership and board of 3ABN during this time and have stayed with us in ministry. More recently some of you have heard that Danny has found one to comfort him in his loneliness and sorrow. You may have also heard rumors about an allegedly illegal divorce occurring without Biblical grounds. This letter is an attempt to fill you in with the facts.

As chairman of the board I have been in the midst of this long and drawn out ordeal from the beginning. I was there when we counseled with Linda over and over again. I was present during the pleas and prayers, seeking to get her to give up her relationship with the doctor. I have seen and heard the evidence upon which the board has taken the action that it has taken. I have been one that has plead with Linda to keep her marriage and her ministry and offered to provide counseling for them. I have known Danny and Linda almost from the beginning of the ministry and have been in their home many times. They had a good marriage. It was not until this third party got in the middle did things begin to fall apart. It is also true that Danny really did want to get back together again, but when it became obvious that couldn't happen, he correctly had to close the door on that part of his history lest it destroy him and the ministry.

The divorce was a mutually agreed thing, even the choice to get it from Guam where there would be no long wait. Linda had originally planned to move to Las Vegas long enough to become a resident there so as to get a divorce there. They then discovered the possibility of a divorce from Guam, checked it out and found it to be legal, and decided to go that route. Though I believe Guam has now stopped the program, the legality of a Guam divorce had previously been taken to the U.S. Supreme Court where it was ruled legitimate. As chairman of the board, I did not try to influence the decision, but I will say that had they not obtained a quick divorce, the ministry would have been placed at much greater risk since the situation was causing so much dysfunction with leadership and staff. I believe time has verified the correctness of what was done then, both by Danny and by the board for the ministry.

Linda's web site recently stated that she and Danny were not divorced. She wrote this after the judge made the decision in Danny's favor. She claims she did not know this when she wrote it. Her web site referred to an e mail I sent to Johann Thorvaldson a year earlier saying that I had never accused her of adultery. I believe that exchange with him was in response to an accusation by him that we had fired her because of adultery. I was merely saying that she was not fired for adultery, but because she had defied the board in not discontinuing a relationship that was threatening to destroy the ministry. (I might add that the doctor also told me he would not break off the relationship, even though I pled with him to do so.) That letter to Johann was correct, and it is true that I have never directly accused her of adultery. That does not mean that I believe Linda is innocent. If by adultery one must be caught in bed with another person, I cannot prove Linda has committed adultery. If, on the other hand, hard evidence indicates that Linda was involved in an unacceptable relationship with another man qualifies for adultery, then there is no question about Danny's moral right to marry again. As a board, we have chosen not to make the details of the evidence available to the public. I believe Satan is the accuser of the brethern. We have chosen to take the "high road" in this whole situation and say nothing more than we have been forced to say to try to quell rumors. We care about Linda and have tried not to do anything to hurt her more than she has already been hurt. I can tell you that I personally spent a great deal of time at 3ABN during those months when this was all happening. I spoke with Linda and Danny on numerous occasions. A sub committee of the board met and prayed with Danny and Linda and pled with Linda to call off the relationship. Danny and Linda spent an 8 hour session with a pair of Christian counselors (non-Adventist in an attempt to avoid bias) who had no doubts about the nature of Linda's conduct. We offered to provide Linda with the opportunity to go away for counseling with a counselor agreeable to both she and us. She did not respond to that offer or request. Finally, the full board met, reviewed Linda's letter of explanation, and voted unanimously to remove her from the ministry and her seat on the board. Other church leaders who have been privy to some of the evidence we have are in full agreement with our decision.

The relationship Linda had with the Norwegian Dr. was not a normal doctor-patient relationship as she claims. It is true. Linda was very concerned about her son Nathan. He was the vehicle through which the Dr. reached Linda. Our evidence leaves no question that this became much more than a doctor-patient relationship. We know that the long hours on the phone together were not about Nathan and have hard evidence to support this knowledge - nor were times spent together on both sides of the Atlantic. Furthermore, she refused to break it off, even after weeks of pleading with her to do so. We, the board believe the evidence we have clearly justifies the divorce and gives Danny the moral and legal right to remarry. Those in church leadership with whom we have shared some of this evidence agree with us. Out of concern for Linda we have been reluctant to make details public.

No, Danny is not to blame for what has happened here. On the contrary, he has bent over backwards trying to make things work and meeting her requests. Yet, she has never acknowledged that it was wrong for her to have another "friend". The things I have stated here are accurate and correct. As far as the lady Danny has married is concerned, I can only say I believe his new wife is a very good person and will be a real asset to him as he carries on his heavy responsibilities. Just to clarify any rumor you may have heard, this relationship began long after the divorce. I was at 3ABN when this lady came from Florida looking for work. There was nothing going on before that time, and Danny definitely was not trying to "dump" Linda. I was with him during much of the time he agonized and mourned her loss. It is one thing to lose a loved one in death. It is much different to lose one to another lover - like cutting a dog's tail off one inch at a time! As to the matter of age difference, I will say that I do not believe that is any of my business. I find nothing in the Bible, and I don't remember any thing in the SOP indicating age differences for married couples. If it is legal, and morally correct, and if entered into with honesty, sincerity and earnest prayer for God's guidance, as I know happened here, it is not for me to criticize. In my own musings about this, I have concluded that it was no accident that brought Brandy to 3ABN. Either the devil was behind it, or God was. There is no question in my mind which one it was.

(Archo Dart was for many years a family and marriage counselor in the Adventist church. When in his 80's, he married one of my patients, who was then in her 50's. She loved and admired him till death many years later.)

I have had an interesting thought this week that I will share with you. It is this. God lost one of his closest companions when Lucifer went astray. More than that, myriads more angels left with him when he left heaven. Talk about grief or emotional pain. Experiences such as this with Linda, I think, help us to understand the pain of loss, and the reality of the war between God and Satan. Some have claimed it takes two to divorce. I don't think that is categorically true!

This has been a terrible injury that has hit 3abn and Danny, and yes, Linda too, but it is one that I believe God understands - and He continues to bless his servants.

We recognize that we live in a world at war, and are working with a ministry that the devil would like to see destroyed. The war is real, and as in any other war there are real casualties. War is never pleasant, and spiritual battles maybe some of the worst. Our hearts still ache for those who have been wounded. Our prayers continue to ascend on their behalf. Should acknowledgement of wrongdoing and penitence ever occur, we would be the first to forgive and forget. Unfortunately,
that has not happened, and we must move on.

Some who have been aware of the growing relationship and the possibility of marriage have thought they should wait for a longer period of time before marrying. In discussions before the event, the 3ABN board reviewed the events of the past couple years and have agreed that there was no moral or legal reason precluding marriage. Realizing the heavy burdens resting on Danny and of his need for companionship, we, the board did not see any reason not to give our blessing to their union. We hope you, our 3ABN family, will agree too, and with us, welcome Brandy with open arms.

Should you have any questions that I might answer, please feel free to send them to me at 3ABN and I will do my best to try to answer them.

Sincerely in the precious name of Jesus,

Walter Thompson
Chairman, 3ABN Board of Directors.
Walter Thompson MD

+Quote Post
sister
post Apr 19 2006, 06:13 PM
Post #299

500 + posts
Group Icon

Since Linda is gaged, maybe the rest of us that knows some truth ought to speak up.

First of all I must say, "Dat manz dew got a way with dem words". I am sure that PrincessDrRe would agree with me.

Next I would like to comment on who the audience is that the letter is intended for, people who have been donating their money to 3ABN. Since Danny's new bride came on the scene there have been a lot of conservative white folks with money calling 3ABN and asking what is oning on. When people who give 3ABN money start getting nervous about what Danny has got himself up to, the good Dr. Walt rushes in with his bed side manner and tries to soothe their closing wallets.

It has been a while since I opened a logics textbook, but there are definately a lot of arguments that reek of false reasoning in that letter. The one used most often is appealing to the emotions of the listeners. False logic, but a very useful and extremely effective way of pursueding someone to agree with you based upon their appeal to your emotional response rather than the facts.

I knew an old Professor who said that he always had some misgivings every time a new term began and he taught logics to another group of students. He said that what he taught could result in one of two things in a bright student, either they learned to recognize false logic and were able to expose those who twist the truth until it was unrecognizible or they became some of the most successful confidence men your would ever meet. Perhaps Dr. Walt knows my old professor friend?

Any way folks take the letter not only with a grain of salt, but go out in the field and get that big old salt lick they use for the cows in southern Illinois. On second thought, maybe you should get two...

+Quote Post
Hersheys99
post Apr 19 2006, 06:39 PM
Post #300

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,672

Not sure if this goes in with this topic but 3ABN is no longer on sky angel. This is what is posted on 3ABN's web site. I just found it rather interesting to say the least.

Sky Angel does not have a channel available for 3ABN at this time. Please join us in prayer that this problem is resolved soon and 3ABN channel may be restored to the package of TV channels.

Please don’t call them or us until we make any further announcements Thank you

Any other time they would be wanting everyone to clog their phone lines to get them back on the air. Something just don't set right with me on this or the whole other issues. I know the majority of what sister is saying is true as I personally know of some of the stuff she has stated on here.

--------------------
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Unknown)

+Quote Post

49 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 22 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:49 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church