Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21003&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 11:44:44 AM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Subponea Issued For Advent Talk Information
sonshineonme
post Mar 11 2008, 04:37 PM
Post #31

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(inga @ Mar 11 2008, 03:34 PM) *
It has occurred to me that all of the individuals listed on the subpoena to be served to BlueHost, the host of www.AdventTalk.com, have been regular posters on www.BlackSDA.com.

Now I wonder why they chose to serve the subpoena to the host of www.AdventTalk.com

Have they tried to subpoena Calvin? Have they tried to subpoena the host of BlackSDA.com?? uhm.gif

Is it possible they thought BlueHost to be an easier target because they have little reason to oppose the subpoena -- unless we make enough noise in the internet community?

You're definitely on to something...see, we ain't stupid 'roun here!

Yep, contacting bluehost is an excellent idea! Maybe they will already know about rights to privacy and asking for better reason to just hand over someones personal information. It's like everything else, if you aren't educated about such things, you will fall for those that come and "take" from you, as it were.

Just a thought....they probably think Linda is one of these people, wait till they find out how wrong they are (again).

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: Mar 11 2008, 04:38 PM

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Mar 11 2008, 04:39 PM
Post #32

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 11 2008, 04:42 PM
Post #33

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Move over, Re'! It's been months since I'have had some fried meaty bits! Have some granola from Costco? Gurl, ti's the bomb! LOL!!

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
inga
post Mar 11 2008, 04:49 PM
Post #34

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(calvin @ Mar 11 2008, 05:21 PM) *
Or the purpose of the subponea could be to fish out if any of you listed are 3ABN employees so Danny can fire yall too!

wink.gif I think it's pure intimidation. Some of our identities are pretty easy to figure out, especially since we haven't bothered to hide it. Everyone who wishes to know knows who Gregory is, for instance. Someone from this forum called me on the phone out of the blue because I'm so easy to find.

This is a "shot across the bow" to let us know that Danny is serious about the many hints dropped about suing posters on this forum (before AdventistToday even started).

At this point, I figure I might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb. wink.gif So it ain't working. boxing.gif There is nothing I ever wrote on this forum that is not protected by my right to free speech. All I've posted has been a whole lot less accusatory than what AppleTree posted.

H'mm .. what's sauce for the goose oughta be sauce for the gander ... Maybe that's why AppleTree has not
posted at AdventTalk?

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Mar 11 2008, 04:53 PM
Post #35

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(inga @ Mar 11 2008, 03:49 PM) *
wink.gif I think it's pure intimidation. Some of our identities are pretty easy to figure out, especially since we haven't bothered to hide it. Everyone who wishes to know knows who Gregory is, for instance. Someone from this forum called me on the phone out of the blue because I'm so easy to find.

This is a "shot across the bow" to let us know that Danny is serious about the many hints dropped about suing posters on this forum (before AdventistToday even started).

At this point, I figure I might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb. wink.gif So it ain't working. boxing.gif There is nothing I ever wrote on this forum that is not protected by my right to free speech. All I've posted has been a whole lot less accusatory than what AppleTree posted.

H'mm .. what's sauce for the goose oughta be sauce for the gander ... Maybe that's why AppleTree has not
posted at AdventTalk?

It's my feeling they have various reasons for putting those people on the list.
I don't think it has much to do with what one of those posters has said in any post.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Mar 11 2008, 05:48 PM
Post #36

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Come on and sit down....it's getting thick....
snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
calvin
post Mar 11 2008, 07:15 PM
Post #37

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(inga @ Mar 11 2008, 05:34 PM) *
It has occurred to me that all of the individuals listed on the subpoena to be served to BlueHost, the host of www.AdventTalk.com, have been regular posters on www.BlackSDA.com.

Now I wonder why they chose to serve the subpoena to the host of www.AdventTalk.com

Have they tried to subpoena Calvin? Have they tried to subpoena the host of BlackSDA.com?? uhm.gif

Is it possible they thought BlueHost to be an easier target because they have little reason to oppose the subpoena -- unless we make enough noise in the internet community?

As I mentioned to a few in LC, on Thursday evening of last week someone tried to deliver a certified letter to my home. I was not home, and my wife knows better than to open the door for strangers at night. They have not been back since. Have not heard from my host.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Mar 11 2008, 08:01 PM
Post #38

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Brang it on! I could use some dividends....
snack.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 11 2008, 09:11 PM
Post #39

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Dona @ Mar 11 2008, 04:14 PM) *
Appletree is not Danny but then that has been said more than once before and still people choose not to believe the truth.

So Dona, is he Ronnie? Ronnie has been here before.

Is he John Lomacang? Someone suggested that a long time ago. Personally, I wouldn't lean that direction.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 11 2008, 09:12 PM
Post #40

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(calvin @ Mar 11 2008, 07:15 PM) *
As I mentioned to a few in LC, on Thursday evening of last week someone tried to deliver a certified letter to my home. I was not home, and my wife knows better than to open the door for strangers at night. They have not been back since. Have not heard from my host.

Calvin, I don't think they can serve a subpoena by mail, unless you give them permission. But if it wasn't the mailman, then maybe it was a subpoena.

+Quote Post
appletree
post Mar 12 2008, 01:51 AM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Mar 11 2008, 03:51 PM) *
I did not take it that those posts specified were "incriminating" posts, but as stated by J Hayes in parenthesis that was there to "help" direct the one given the subpoena as to the poster being referred to. OTOH, you never know do you? I looked at mine too, and I say the same, my opinion stays the same.

Let me help you understand SSOM & Inga. Free speech is one thing, until, it begins to defame and slander another individual and/or hurt the individual's business, ministry, company etc. Now when that happens, folks find themselves in court and since, they are the ones making the accusations, the burden of proof is on the accuser to prove what he/she has been spreading is true. That is the problem with you and others like you that actually have little or no association with 3abn, Danny or anyone else involved. You are accusing Danny of being a liar by what you have been told, read on the net and on and on. Those of you in this position have slandered people with your statements with no proof of your own to back it up. This is exactly the kind of thing that needs to be stopped by the courts. You may not like 3abn, you may not like Danny, you may not like the board, but you, yourself are holding no positive proof of your stated allegations. This puts you out on a very long limb. If you were on a witness stand and the attorney ask you how you could prove Danny or the board did this that or the other, what would you have to say? Oh I read it on the save3abn site? Or, maybe, Pickle and Joy said it and they're my friends so I know it's true?

Now biblically, we know that even if you could prove your allegations, it would be wrong to make them public especially to the outside world. Mrs. White is very clear on that. The bible has plenty to say about lying tongues and spreading gossip and rumors. I shall paraphrase by saying in a nutshell that those who are guilty of these kinds of actions and judgements will burn just as long and just as hot as the ones they are accusing. Speaking of judgements, that takes us in a whole different direction. You know, we will be judged on how we judge others, and judge not lest ye be judged. Those words are saying we are not to judge in a general way, much less, judge someone that you don't know and have no personal contact with.

No one can stop you or anyone else from having an opinion but when you hurt others publically and to the degree that the ministry has been hurt, you are held responsible for your actions.

Hopefully a precedence will be set with this case as it relates to what can and cannot be talked about on the internet. Think about it. If there are no rules and everything applies to free speech, what is to stop a person that doesn't like you from starting a web site all about you, your family, your business associates and fill it with every lie, rumor, and story imaginable? What if it then caused you to lose your job? Lose friends, lose your business associates?
If this happened to you or anyone else that is reading this, I have no doubts that you would do exactly what 3abn has had to do. After all, there are legal and moral boundries that definitely have been crossed, and you Inga, have been a big part of it.
BTW, I would appreciate it if you would stop calling me Danny. That shows me clearly that you don't know anything about him or you would never think that:
1. He is here posting
2. He is telling me what to post
3. That he even has a clue as to who you are and how you feel about him
4. That he has time to worry about it period.

SSOM tried to say that I was being told by Danny what to post and then I could just "claim" that I am not him when in reality, she just turned the Linda/sister scenerio around. I'm quite sure that Linda has told many of her friends what to say and when to say it. Then she claims she doesn't read any of it, and never posts. But, why wouldn't she be reading the net? She doesn't work so has plenty of time to kill. Danny on the other hand has no desire or time to read all the gossip about him. In fact, as of Tuesday, I don't think he was even aware of this new turn of events. He and his wife have been away for a few days so Danny could attend Kenneth Cox's board meeting. (Yes, he is a member of Kenneth's board before anyone asks or speculates)

This post has been edited by appletree: Mar 12 2008, 01:52 AM

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Mar 12 2008, 02:15 AM
Post #42

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

So if 3ABN subpoena's "certain" folks internet conversation - it can be said that those same "certain" folks can get lawyers and request full discovery of all documents too...right? I mean - once you're pulled into the fight if you get hit with several stray punches - ain't that part of the fight?

Of course there's always the pulling someone into a fight and not knowing just how hard they will hit back.... scratchchin.gif

Yes indeed....this is going to get rather interesting....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ian
post Mar 12 2008, 08:27 AM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Mar 11 2008, 09:33 AM) *
<br />Why didnt the person who gave you the &quot;relevant documents&quot; give you the subpoena too? And if you've not seen the subpoena, how do you know the docs you have are relevant?<br /><br />In His service,<br />Mr. J<br />
<br /><br /><br />

It's always such a pleasure to hear from you.. smile.gif

In answer to your questions, my friend in high places, AKA "my contact of the ground", Mr PACER didn't have the subpeona...

My initial impression was that this had to do with 3ABN buying the save3abn domains, etc, and being granted their motion to examine Gailon Joy and his assets and statements in his bankruptcy case along with the trustee, as The Judge made some definite statements about jurisdiction and authority regarding issues related to those sites and transfers etc when he granted the trustees motion to sell.

But most here seem to think this subpeona has to do with the actual lawsuit, and that may be true. So, in hindsight, you are right, I don't know for sure which updates and documents are the most relevant ones here...

As that is the case, I'll just post the updates for those separate but related cases in the topics where they are already being discussed.

+Quote Post
Ian
post Mar 12 2008, 08:37 AM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

There seems to be a problem with replying here, as in a technical problem. The options ion the text editor are missing, and my quote of awsumtenor's post includes a bunch of code...

I was going to edit it all out but when I tried even my reply to him had a bunch of code ...

+Quote Post
appletree
post Mar 13 2008, 03:22 AM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(Ian @ Mar 12 2008, 08:27 AM) *
<br /><br /><br />

It's always such a pleasure to hear from you.. smile.gif
In answer to your questions, my friend in high places, AKA "my contact of the ground", Mr PACER didn't have the subpeona...

My initial impression was that this had to do with 3ABN buying the save3abn domains, etc, and being granted their motion to examine Gailon Joy and his assets and statements in his bankruptcy case along with the trustee, as The Judge made some definite statements about jurisdiction and authority regarding issues related to those sites and transfers etc when he granted the trustees motion to sell.

But most here seem to think this subpeona has to do with the actual lawsuit, and that may be true. So, in hindsight, you are right, I don't know for sure which updates and documents are the most relevant ones here...

As that is the case, I'll just post the updates for those separate but related cases in the topics where they are already being discussed.

A friend sent me some posts from AT. One in particular from sister made me chuckle. Sister says "Danny" is doing this for Revenge. Also mentioned by someone else was that he wanted to harrass. The truth is, Danny had no knowledge that a subpeona was going to served on the carrier of AT. These decisions are totally up to the attorney's. They know what they need, why they need it, and when to do it. They do not call Danny for permission or even to inform him of the next action they are taking. That is what they get paid for. So, all this "Danny" is doing this and that is comical to me because it shows the lengths some people will go to to try and make Danny responsible for anything and everything, whether he knows it or not.

The other thing that was funny, but only after I heaved was sister saying that she spoke to someone who had recently seen Danny and he was a pathetic little man and skin and bones and blah blah....It was very obvious to me who made those observations since she and Danny were in court together a few weeks ago. Sure sounded like a bitter ex wife to me. Danny has lost a little weight from working 10 hours a day on his house. Work's good for the soul. Maybe Linda should try it sometime.

I will address one more thing. Everyone at AT is hashing and rehashing the subpeona and what it means and how it affects them.....if those same people would quit spreading rumors and heresay on the net, there wouldn't be anything to discuss. Who knows? If they are willing to make retractions and admit that they have no first hand knowledge or proof of any of their accusations against Danny and 3ABN, maybe, 3abn would be willing to acknowledge those statements by not pursuing the charges. Why can't people see that by getting caught up in the rumors, gossip and allegations and spreading those allegations on nothing more than your opinions, that you have wronged God's ministry as well as the people that have dedicated their lives to it. 3abn, Danny nor anyone else is looking for revenge about anything. They are looking for justice to be served on those that have worked maliciously and with premeditation to destroy characters, to destroy faith in the 3abn ministry and the dedicated people that run that ministry with false stories, heresay, opinions and gross word manipulation that twists truths into lies. I am trying to help those that are reading here see that 3abn, Danny and everyone else involved are the victims here. They have been maligned, slandered, hurt and accused of everything under the sun publicaly. That is wrong any which way you look at it. They did not want to be involved in a lawsuit. They don't want to waste their time dealing with any of this but they were forced into this position by the continued abuse on their reputations by people they didn't even know.

Much of this was started by sister's stories. Most here thought that she was a credible witness. She made statements that:
She had spent a lot of time with the Shelton Family through the years,
She said she was an eyewitness to a lot of the stories she told,
Recently she said she wasn't getting information from Linda that, in fact, she had no contact with Linda,

We believe that we have sister's identity. If we are correct, you that had so much faith in her stories will be sorely disappointed because every one of the above statements are false. The person that we believe to be sister was only at 3abn approx 1 year. She did not spend anytime to speak of with the Shelton family and she couldn't have witnessed much when she wasn't even there. Instead, she got her information second and third hand from others. These weren't random people that gave her the stories. We believe that she was "encouraged" to contact certain people that had past problems with 3abn or Danny and get "their" stories. She signed a post here on bsda as "Danny's confidante." She wasn't. She said here on BSDA recently that she had no contact with Linda. We believe the exact opposite to be true. If we are correct, you will find you have been duped by becoming involved in helping to spread false accusations on the basis of sister's stories. Sister will have lost credibility on the forums but I believe she will suffer other ramifications by those who do not understand her involvement, her actions and the falsehoods told in this internet campaign against 3abn. IMO this kind of involvement will be questioned by her own church and will not reflect well on her husband and a certain position that he holds.
Danny has no desire or need to seek revenge. Sister will suffer her own repurcussions as she reaps what she sowed.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 10:44 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church