Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21003&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 11:44:42 AM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Subponea Issued For Advent Talk Information
princessdi
post Mar 11 2008, 02:37 PM
Post #16

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Ok agreed. However why are th ey coming to you. You only posted it, you didn't draw it up.

QUOTE(Observer @ Mar 11 2008, 01:18 PM) *
Subopena: This begins as a preliminary request for whatever. The respondent to a subopena always has the right to challenge it. That may go before the court that issued the subponea as a motion to quash--totally throw it out, or as a motion to modify the terms/conditions of the subponea. If the respondent to a subopena fails to comply with the subponea the party what sought it will need submit a motion to the court which orders the respondent to comply. If the respondent fails to comply with that order, the prevailing party may submit a motion to the court that the court sanction the respondent.

Folks: A subponea is the start of what may be a long process. The motion to quash or modify may be involved and extensive in time and legal effort. The bottom line is that until the respondent complies with the order of the court a subponea is not worth much.

By the way: Various people have pointed out to me what they consider to be flaws in the subponea that I posted. I am not a licensed attorney and I do not give a legal opinon of such. I will only say that the so-called flaws that people sometimes find in legal documents can typically be quickly fixed and really do not ammount to much in a legal sense. Don't be a "jail-house" lawyer.

NOTE: I do not have an opinon in regard to flaws in the posted subponea.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Mar 11 2008, 02:41 PM
Post #17

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

....and when should I expect to get mine?

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 11 2008, 02:51 PM
Post #18

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Gurl, see! He been konwin' who you are and where....you taint' got one yet, is you? LOL!!!

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Mar 11 2008, 01:41 PM) *
....and when should I expect to get mine?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
inga
post Mar 11 2008, 03:07 PM
Post #19

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 577

I decided to look up my "incriminating" post that was listed on the subpoena.

The subject of the thread was "Why Lie?"

My contribution, in the post cited on the subpoena, was as follows:
~~~~~~~~~
It was clearly lack of faith for Abraham. He trusted his own ability to take care of himself more than he trusted God.

The same would be true for Danny Shelton. He trusted/trusts his own ability to take care of himself (with the help of deep-pocketed friends) more than he trusted/trusts God. In the case of discarding Linda in favor of a younger model and using lies to justify it, the answer is still the same. He trusted his own ability to provide for his happiness more than he trusted/trusts God.

God forgives sin, which always ultimately originates with a lack of faith. However, continuing in a path of sin eventually silences the voice of the Holy Spirit so that right seems wrong and wrong seems right. Jesus indicated that this sin (the sin against the Holy Spirit that results in attributing to Satan the work of the Spirit & vice versa) is the one sin that God cannot forgive.

Danny needs our prayers, as do those who support him when they know he is wrong.
~~~~~~~~~~
My opinion remains the same, despite the subpoena.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Mar 11 2008, 03:51 PM
Post #20

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(inga @ Mar 11 2008, 02:07 PM) *
I decided to look up my "incriminating" post that was listed on the subpoena.

The subject of the thread was "Why Lie?"

My contribution, in the post cited on the subpoena, was as follows:
~~~~~~~~~
It was clearly lack of faith for Abraham. He trusted his own ability to take care of himself more than he trusted God.

The same would be true for Danny Shelton. He trusted/trusts his own ability to take care of himself (with the help of deep-pocketed friends) more than he trusted/trusts God. In the case of discarding Linda in favor of a younger model and using lies to justify it, the answer is still the same. He trusted his own ability to provide for his happiness more than he trusted/trusts God.

God forgives sin, which always ultimately originates with a lack of faith. However, continuing in a path of sin eventually silences the voice of the Holy Spirit so that right seems wrong and wrong seems right. Jesus indicated that this sin (the sin against the Holy Spirit that results in attributing to Satan the work of the Spirit & vice versa) is the one sin that God cannot forgive.

Danny needs our prayers, as do those who support him when they know he is wrong.
~~~~~~~~~~
My opinion remains the same, despite the subpoena.

I did not take it that those posts specified were "incriminating" posts, but as stated by J Hayes in parenthesis that was there to "help" direct the one given the subpoena as to the poster being referred to. OTOH, you never know do you? I looked at mine too, and I say the same, my opinion stays the same.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
inga
post Mar 11 2008, 04:05 PM
Post #21

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Mar 11 2008, 04:51 PM) *
I did not take it that those posts specified were "incriminating" posts, but as stated by J Hayes in parenthesis that was there to "help" direct the one given the subpoena as to the poster being referred to. OTOH, you never know do you? I looked at mine too, and I say the same, my opinion stays the same.

Sonshine, that was a bit tongue-in-cheek on my part. But it's true that you never know ...

I rather suspect that Appletr ... er .. Danny wouldn't like that post of mine much at all ..

So what was your "incriminating" post? Might be nice to have them all here for reference. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Dona
post Mar 11 2008, 04:14 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,296

QUOTE(inga @ Mar 11 2008, 04:05 PM) *
Sonshine, that was a bit tongue-in-cheek on my part. But it's true that you never know ...

I rather suspect that Appletr ... er .. Danny wouldn't like that post of mine much at all ..

So what was your "incriminating" post? Might be nice to have them all here for reference. wink.gif

Appletree is not Danny but then that has been said more than once before and still people choose not to believe the truth.

+Quote Post
calvin
post Mar 11 2008, 04:21 PM
Post #23

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

Or the purpose of the subponea could be to fish out if any of you listed are 3ABN employees so Danny can fire yall too!

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Mar 11 2008, 04:25 PM
Post #24

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(inga @ Mar 11 2008, 03:05 PM) *

Mine was this:

Re: "Sheltonism": How Can We Ensure That It Won't Happen Again? « Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008
Quote Quote from: Fran on February 15, 2008
YES! It is the "squeeky wheel" that gets oiled!

(My reply to Fran's post just above about the squeely wheel:)
It is a hard and fast rule in society that information and education is what changes anything. I don't think this is any less an opportunity for that. IN fact, I have always believed that one of the reasons this is happening in the wide open (and we can thank DS for starting this by using his 3abn stage to get it going) is because this is MUCH to be learned.

The bible is FILLED with stories that are suppose to teach us and help us learn by examining someone else's experiences and then go forth wiser, in attempt to avoid things happening again the same or similar.

Yes, we can get up off our butts and do our part in spreading the work, but, it goes much farther then that. There must always be some accountability by those who speak for us, teach us and lead us, TO US. That is reasonable and also healthy. Those that do not want to be accountable to anyone should not be given authority then to speak for us, teach us and lead us. Does that makes sense?

So, maybe part of the answer is to learn from what's happened and that takes KNOWING whats happened, how and why, and then to watch and pray, as well as do all that can be done to keep things from repeating. Mistakes happen, that is one thing, but to hand over the golden keys to someone who is not deserving or has no one watching over is always going to leave an opening for abuse.

My opinion anyway.
________________________________________________________________________________
__

On the issue of who AT is, I think that it may at times be DS (by proxy) and at other times not be him posting, and/or he may spoon feed info/prepared posts to the person speaking as AT. Probably a close family member doing his bidding for him. That kind of family member can also sound like DS as well in some ways. Anyway, this way, AT can at times (honestly) say online here or to anyone offline "I swear, it's not DS, I'm _____ posting, I am AT!!!" and be telling the "truth". Of course, this is only my opinion and thoughts on that subject based on my observation over time. This of course is why many are saying it's EDS writing, which would be a common sense observation for obvious reasons.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Mar 11 2008, 04:27 PM
Post #25

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

If the requested information is supplied to the court, would it then become accessible to the public as part of evidence presented to the court? I assume someone would have to have quite a lawyer to manage to classify a case such as this.

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Mar 11 2008, 04:27 PM
Post #26

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(calvin @ Mar 11 2008, 03:21 PM) *
Or the purpose of the subponea could be to fish out if any of you listed are 3ABN employees so Danny can fire yall too!

I have come to the conclusion that this is a fishing expedition, probably after a few different kinds of fishys...

--------------------

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Mar 11 2008, 04:32 PM
Post #27

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

...and when you go on a fishing trip sometimes you end up catchin' stuff you don't want. You can try to throw it back and sometimes you end up catchin' it again.

MORAL: They gonna bring up some stuff that they really wish they hadn't....

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
inga
post Mar 11 2008, 04:34 PM
Post #28

500 + posts
Group Icon

It has occurred to me that all of the individuals listed on the subpoena to be served to BlueHost, the host of www.AdventTalk.com, have been regular posters on www.BlackSDA.com.

Now I wonder why they chose to serve the subpoena to the host of www.AdventTalk.com

Have they tried to subpoena Calvin? Have they tried to subpoena the host of BlackSDA.com?? uhm.gif

Is it possible they thought BlueHost to be an easier target because they have little reason to oppose the subpoena -- unless we make enough noise in the internet community?

QUOTE(Observer @ Mar 11 2008, 04:38 AM) *
The following 14 peopole are listed in the subponea:

Child of the king
Chrissie
Inga
Artiste
Sonshineonme
Daryl Fawcett
Sister
Johann
Ozzie
Gregory
Snoopy
Soul Expresso
Bonnie
Fran

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Mar 11 2008, 04:34 PM
Post #29

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Mar 11 2008, 03:32 PM) *
...and when you go on a fishing trip sometimes you end up catchin' stuff you don't want. You can try to throw it back and sometimes you end up catchin' it again.

MORAL: They gonna bring up some stuff that they really wish they hadn't....

Yep, and it won't be the first time something may backfire on them. Oh well, some people never learn.

--------------------

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 11 2008, 04:35 PM
Post #30

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

I agree, those particular posts were not incriminating at all. ID's is what they are after both emolyees and/or enemies(3ABN employee looged into/posting at 3ABN, unless witheh approval of administration equal enemies) alike. Those are the people they beliee they can intimidate, and shut down.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 10:44 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church