Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21003&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 11:49:01 AM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Subponea Issued For Advent Talk Information
Observer
post Mar 11 2008, 03:38 AM
Post #1

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,664

Earlier today I posted the following on Advent Talk:

On March 4, 2008, Jerrie M. Hayes, acting on behalf of 3-ABN and Danny Shelton caused a subpoena to be issued to Bluehost, Inc. of Orem, UT demanding records and information relating to some 14 pepole who had posted on Advent Talk. Blue Host is the Web host for Advent Talk. As of the latest information that I have, Blue Host has not yet been properly served with the subpoena. That is expected to be effected shortly. I am one of those people about whom they desire information. I telephoned Mr. Hayes late last night and left him a telephone message. In that message I left him an e-mail address for me and told him that if he wanted to talk to me he could contact me at that e-mail address. I am going to attempt to post the subpoena below.

I seem to not know how to post the subponea.

The following 14 peopole are listed in the subponea:

Child of the king
Chrissie
Inga
Artiste
Sonshineonme
Daryl Fawcett
Sister
Johann
Ozzie
Gregory
Snoopy
Soul Expresso
Bonnie
Fran

NOTE: IF someone will tell me how to post a copy of the subponea I will attempt to do it here on BSDA.

This post has been edited by Observer: Mar 11 2008, 03:40 AM

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Brenda
post Mar 11 2008, 04:12 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,814

QUOTE(Observer @ Mar 11 2008, 08:38 PM) *

On March 4, 2008, Jerrie M. Hayes, acting on behalf of 3-ABN and Danny Shelton caused a subpoena to be issued to Bluehost, Inc. of Orem, UT demanding records and information relating to some 14 pepole who had posted on Advent Talk. Blue Host is the Web host for Advent Talk. As of the latest information that I have, Blue Host has not yet been properly served with the subpoena. That is expected to be effected shortly. I am one of those people about whom they desire information. I telephoned Mr. Hayes late last night and left him a telephone message. In that message I left him an e-mail address for me and told him that if he wanted to talk to me he could contact me at that e-mail address. I am going to attempt to post the subpoena below.

Child of the king
Chrissie
Inga
Artiste
Sonshineonme
Daryl Fawcett
Sister
Johann
Ozzie
Gregory
Snoopy
Soul Expresso
Bonnie
Fran

NOTE: IF someone will tell me how to post a copy of the subponea I will attempt to do it here on BSDA.

Will be interesting to see how that pans out, I know at least one of those named does not reside in North America (apart from Johann).

+Quote Post
Ian
post Mar 11 2008, 07:16 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(Brenda @ Mar 11 2008, 05:12 AM) *
Will be interesting to see how that pans out, I know at least one of those named does not reside in North America (apart from Johann).

Actually there are several, doesn't matter though, Bluehost is in the United States.

+Quote Post
Ian
post Mar 11 2008, 07:47 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Observer @ Mar 11 2008, 04:38 AM) *
I seem to not know how to post the subponea...

Gregory,

Other's may also not know how to do this, so am posting this here rather than contacting you privately.

If you have the subpeona saved in your documents as a file, then it may be very difficult or impossible to copy and paste, and you will need to post it as an attacment. To do so, you need to do the following.

While replying/posting here on this forum (in text editor mode) look below the text box. You should see a drop down menu on your right which says "manage current attachments (0)". Directly underneith it should be a blank menu, then two options "browse" and "upload"

1. Click on "browse".
You should see a pop up window which says choose file, or something like that. It will list all files in your computer,you need to find the subpeona and click or double click on it, depending on your computer settings. This should result in your selected file now being listed in the blank menu to the left of the "browse" option on this forum.

2. Click on the "upload" option to the right
This will upload the listed file from your computer to this forum. When it is done uploading, the dropdown menu below the text editor box, and above the upload option should now say "Manage current attachments (1)

3. Open the manage current attachments drop down menu.
You should see your chosen file listed there, with 3 Icons, in front of it. Using a mouse over should identify what each icon does. The first icon should say "insert attachment into text editor" click on it and that's all you need to do, it will then be ready to be submitted in your post. smile.gif

Don't worry, if you accidentally click on the wrong file, one of the icons allows you to delete it from this forum before posting it here...

-- Ian

P.S.
Jerrie Hayes is a Ms and not a Mr.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Mar 11 2008, 07:53 AM
Post #5

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Ian @ Mar 11 2008, 09:16 AM) *
Actually there are several, doesn't matter though, Bluehost is in the United States.

It also opens the door for the same information to be subpoenaed regarding those with whom they were conversing/debating/disputing... most of whom have rabidly wrapped themselves in anonymity... seeing they were not just talking among themselves, if the information collected is exculpatory on one side of the conversation, it is equally so on the other...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Ian
post Mar 11 2008, 08:06 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Mar 11 2008, 08:53 AM) *
It also opens the door for the same information to be subpoenaed regarding those with whom they were conversing/debating/disputing... most of whom have rabidly wrapped themselves in anonymity... seeing they were not just talking among themselves, if the information collected is exculpatory on one side of the conversation, it is equally so on the other...

In His service,
Mr. J

It opens no such door.

Quite obviously you are uninformed and have no idea what case or court this concerns or why the subpeona was issued.

Sometimes Kevin, discretion is better than being in such a rush to say something, or jump on someone and argue, that you end up looking foolish...

+Quote Post
Ian
post Mar 11 2008, 08:11 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

I forgot to add Gregory, I do not have access to a copy of the actual subpeona, and am gratefull to you for being willing to provide a copy of it to us here.

Thank you.

What I do have is the relevant documents which concern it, and will round them up and post them after you do, so all can be a bit more informed as to what is going on.

again thanks

This post has been edited by Ian: Mar 11 2008, 08:13 AM

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Mar 11 2008, 09:31 AM
Post #8

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ian @ Mar 11 2008, 10:06 AM) *
It opens no such door.

Quite obviously you are uninformed and have no idea what case or court this concerns or why the subpeona was issued.

Sometimes Kevin, discretion is better than being in such a rush to say something, or jump on someone and argue, that you end up looking foolish...

Post the subpoena; you have friends in high places; surely one of them can provide it to you. And, for the record, I neither rushed to speak nor jumped on you...or any other to argue. But seeing you've not had a problem with crossing the line of false witness in the past, your statement is not a surprise.

You keep operating under the impression that only DS' side can issue subpoenas and that they can disregard the rules of evidence by keeping what they find to themselves.

And, BTW, my friends and family get to call me "Kevin". You are neither. Please refer to me as Mr. J, Mr. Josey, or Elder Josey if you feel you must call me something in your posts. While I am sure a few other things you'd like to call me probably come to mind ... just remember this is a Christian forum...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Mar 11 2008, 09:33 AM
Post #9

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ian @ Mar 11 2008, 10:11 AM) *
I forgot to add Gregory, I do not have access to a copy of the actual subpeona, and am gratefull to you for being willing to provide a copy of it to us here.

Thank you.

What I do have is the relevant documents which concern it, and will round them up and post them after you do, so all can be a bit more informed as to what is going on.

again thanks

Why didnt the person who gave you the "relevant documents" give you the subpoena too? And if you've not seen the subpoena, how do you know the docs you have are relevant?

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------

+Quote Post
Observer
post Mar 11 2008, 10:07 AM
Post #10

500 + posts
Group Icon

This should be the Subpoena, if I have done it correctly.

Attached File  bluehost_subpoena_2_.pdf ( 144.35K ) Number of downloads: 65
QUOTE(Observer @ Mar 11 2008, 03:38 AM) *

Thank you Ian--GM.

By the way, thanks for the correction in regard to Ms. Hayes.

Child of the king
Chrissie
Inga
Artiste
Sonshineonme
Daryl Fawcett
Sister
Johann
Ozzie
Gregory
Snoopy
Soul Expresso
Bonnie
Fran

This post has been edited by Observer: Mar 11 2008, 10:10 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Mar 11 2008, 10:34 AM
Post #11

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Mar 11 2008, 11:31 AM) *
Post the subpoena; you have friends in high places; surely one of them can provide it to you. And, for the record, I neither rushed to speak nor jumped on you...or any other to argue. But seeing you've not had a problem with crossing the line of false witness in the past, your statement is not a surprise.

You keep operating under the impression that only DS' side can issue subpoenas and that they can disregard the rules of evidence by keeping what they find to themselves.

And, BTW, my friends and family get to call me "Kevin". You are neither. Please refer to me as Mr. J, Mr. Josey, or Elder Josey if you feel you must call me something in your posts. While I am sure a few other things you'd like to call me probably come to mind ... just remember this is a Christian forum...

In His service,
Mr. J

ADDENDUM: Observer just posted the subpoena; in it, it demands the following:

"All identifying information, including registration information and IP addresses, in your possession, custody and control, for the following posters to the website http://www.adventtalk.com..."

Quid Erat Demonstratum... and it still smacks of desperation regardless of how you and yours choose to spin it.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stan
post Mar 11 2008, 01:27 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 837

Do they have to get DF's permission to access his forum? or give up that information? When I say they, I mean either the lawyers or the host...

+Quote Post
phoenix
post Mar 11 2008, 01:41 PM
Post #13

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 4,678

QUOTE(Brenda @ Mar 11 2008, 05:12 AM) *

True, but I think Switzerland still considers itself neutral so there shouldn't be an issue.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 11 2008, 02:04 PM
Post #14

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Subpeona = permission

QUOTE(Stan @ Mar 11 2008, 12:27 PM) *
Do they have to get DF's permission to access his forum? or give up that information? When I say they, I mean either the lawyers or the host...

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Observer
post Mar 11 2008, 02:18 PM
Post #15

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 11 2008, 02:04 PM) *
Subpeona = permission

Subopena: This begins as a preliminary request for whatever. The respondent to a subopena always has the right to challenge it. That may go before the court that issued the subponea as a motion to quash--totally throw it out, or as a motion to modify the terms/conditions of the subponea. If the respondent to a subopena fails to comply with the subponea the party what sought it will need submit a motion to the court which orders the respondent to comply. If the respondent fails to comply with that order, the prevailing party may submit a motion to the court that the court sanction the respondent.

Folks: A subponea is the start of what may be a long process. The motion to quash or modify may be involved and extensive in time and legal effort. The bottom line is that until the respondent complies with the order of the court a subponea is not worth much.

By the way: Various people have pointed out to me what they consider to be flaws in the subponea that I posted. I am not a licensed attorney and I do not give a legal opinon of such. I will only say that the so-called flaws that people sometimes find in legal documents can typically be quickly fixed and really do not ammount to much in a legal sense. Don't be a "jail-house" lawyer.

NOTE: I do not have an opinon in regard to flaws in the posted subponea.

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 10:49 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church