Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20348&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 11:48:54 AM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

31 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rumors, Lies, & False Accusations Travel With Joy, Confronting AT and Gailon with Truth
appletree
post Feb 18 2008, 03:00 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,244

I see that Truth is not one of Joy's traveling companions. Several friends have been sending me his "false claims" from AT and by reading his posts, I see he can no longer hide his true character. The "martyr" attitude has completely vanished and only the mean spirited, gossip loving, Danny hater, remains. Sad.
Regardless, I try to bring truth to light where I can, so, I will address some of his claims and accusations.

JOY
I believe that I just read Appletree, the official 3ABN forums spokesperson....

APPLETREE
False. I have never referred to myself as the "official" spokesperson. Neither has 3ABN.

JOY
By the way, one source told me that Danny just kinda showed up for the Live a week ago...rather impromptu according to the source. But was scheduled to do the Live this
last week and was not there. One source claimed he was sick and another said he was
un-invited. You choose the story...

APPLETREE
Everything in the above post is false. I was told by C.A. Murray, Jim Gilley, Mollie Steenson and several others, that they are trying their best to get Danny to take more time to do programming. He has an open door to any "Live" or "3ABN Today" programs that he wants to do. The limited amount of programming has been his personal choice as he is building his new home. Viewers everywhere have requested, no, demanded to have him back on the programs. He will do what he can as time allows. There are also ideas in the works for a new program that Danny would host exclusively. But, right now, he has too many irons in the fire.

JOY
I believe that I just read Appletree, the official 3ABN forums spokesperson, states that 3ABN is now negotiating a long-term contract with Danny Lee Shelton. If I were Danny Lee Shelton and I was at that last board meeting, I would be looking for a long-term contract as well...

APPLETREE,
Danny wasn't "looking" for a long term contract. It was being "offered" to him. Wording is everything and Joy is a master at twisting them.

JOY
We are also told that Larry Ewing, the current CFO is so discouraged by the direction
of the ministry, and the ongoing IRS Criminal Investigation (yes he has admitted it is
a criminal investigation), he is preparing to leave 3ABN and go back to Canada. Seems
that after seven years they still have not sold the canadian homestead and Ewing has
the option to go home...but not far enough to reach beyond the powers of a US Attorney.
But then, don't you remember that Larry told us there is nothing wrong at 3ABN???

APPLETREE,
So sad that Joy is trying to push and promote accusations against a man like Larry Ewing. Not only is Mr. Ewing more than qualified to be head CFO, but is known to all as a man of honesty, truth and integrity. He is a man who loves the ministry of 3abn and the people that work there. His return to Canada involves a Visa problem that his wife has encountered. She must return to Canada for quite some time in order to regain clearance back into the US. (At least that is my limited understanding of the visa problem.)
Larry IS NOT leaving because of the IRS.
Larry IS NOT leaving because he is unhappy with 3abn.
Larry IS NOT leaving because there is "anything wrong" as Joy states.
Larry DOES NOT deserve Mr. Joy's rumors and speculation. He has been a top notch employee, a pleasure to be around, and a dedicated christian in every sense of the word. Someone with his attitude and character will definitely be hard to replace.
Larry IS NOT leaving because he has anything to hide.

JOY
Sources also tell me that the payroll has been trimmed and some old "promoters" have been
demoted to unemployed, at least with 3ABN.

APPLETREE,
I'm not sure exactly what Joy means by "promoters" but I do know that no one has lost their job at 3abn because of finances and no one has had their pay "trimmed."

JOY
The chairman has been quoted as saying "the Lord has Blessed them" but they have had to "tighten their belt", and are meeting expenses. Think Danny's long-term "love gift"
contract has much of a chance???

APPLETREE,
Of course 3abn has been tightening their belt. Hasn't everyone? Inflation has caused hardships on families, companies, ministries...etc. Look at the price of Gas!! Nothing new here.
As far as Danny's "love gift" contract???? Joy has totally made up a phrase to suit his own purpose. I don't even know what he is talking about, and neither does he. Not worth addressing.

JOY
Danny did close several accounts in December of 2006, about the same time he was visiting Saint Croix. So, does anyone wonder what happened to that $300,000 plus from
the TCTR royalties

APPLETREE,
I find it ironic that after raising cain for a year or more, about what amount Danny made in royalties....All of a sudden Joy has an amount!!! Seems to me if he knew this amount to be a fact he would have presented it with much hoopla and fanfare and would produce the paperwork to back it up. Instead it just "popped up" in one of his regular posts. Once again, Joy grabbed something out of the air and posted it as fact. Similar to what he did about Danny supposedly having a bank account in Michigan that was hidden from Linda. Total Lie. Never happened.

JOY
Did the cost of maintaining all those horses really
break him??? Sources tell me that is what he claims.

APPLETREE,
Once again, a pathetic play on words. I have said "These kids are breaking me." Did I mean there was no food on the table because of my kids? If Danny made a comment like that, and he might have, it is ludicrous for Joy to try and make it a "literal" remark. A shame a person can't even make an off hand comment (if he did) that "Boy, these horses are breaking me" without someone trying to turn that into some kind of monumental statement. Looks to me like desperation.

I firmly believe, at this point, the only people who continue to listen to Joy is the little group that has been fired or think they didn't get a fair shake at 3abn. The same little "axe to grind" group. Anyone impartial sees, Joy's manipulation of words, his constant use of the word "sources" instead of names and wild accusations that he cannot back up. I will continue to show up now and again to point out the "error" of his ways.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GRAT
post Feb 18 2008, 09:18 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,305

Excuse me but if this was all on AT why don't you go there with your "truth". uhm.gif

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Feb 18 2008, 10:25 PM
Post #3

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Appletree posted here because he has as much a right to as anyone else. I personally welcome his posts here, I might not agree with them but we need to hear both sides.

QUOTE(GRAT @ Feb 18 2008, 10:18 PM) *
Excuse me but if this was all on AT why don't you go there with your "truth". uhm.gif

+Quote Post
appletree
post Feb 18 2008, 10:57 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Feb 18 2008, 10:25 PM) *
Appletree posted here because he has as much a right to as anyone else. I personally welcome his posts here, I might not agree with them but we need to hear both sides.

Thank you for that Richard. I do have my reasons.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Feb 18 2008, 11:25 PM
Post #5

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(appletree @ Feb 19 2008, 04:57 AM) *
Thank you for that Richard. I do have my reasons.

I do welcome you too, Appletree.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
GRAT
post Feb 18 2008, 11:49 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,305

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Feb 18 2008, 08:25 PM) *

I was not questioning his right to post here. Just that all that he addressed came from AT and yet he didn't go there to answer. Seemed strange to me but whatever.

+Quote Post
Ian
post Feb 19 2008, 09:25 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(GRAT @ Feb 18 2008, 10:18 PM) *

QUOTE(GRAT @ Feb 19 2008, 12:49 AM) *
I was not questioning his right to post here. Just that all that he addressed came from AT and yet he didn't go there to answer. Seemed strange to me but whatever.

Pardon me, but do you have the links to your posts to GJ on that forum(AT), expressing how strange you think it is that he quotes and and comments on, and criticizes what Appletree says and posts there? or questioning why he posts there rather than coming here with his replies and "truth" (where Appletree actually posts and is a member)?

I would be interested in reading them....

I'm sure none of us want to be partial or use double standards... smile.gif

Thanks

This post has been edited by Ian: Feb 19 2008, 11:18 AM

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Feb 19 2008, 11:49 AM
Post #8

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

AT,

I'm rather shocked at your initial post. Why are you so bent on defending Danny's continued heavy involvement in such an important ministry as 3ABN when he has been caught doing such things?

If he's willing to apologize and make things right, then maybe.

The Adventist Church generally speaking does not operate this way. If folks get caught red handed and it becomes public, they resign and go do something else. Whether it's a denominational or self-supporting ministry makes no difference.

Can you name me one other Adventist ministry where the leader did what Danny has done and it became known and the leader still stayed around?

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Feb 19 2008, 12:02 PM
Post #9

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

But 3ABN is not a part of the Adventist church. For all intents and purposes, they only share doctrine and have a close affiliation. There is absolutely no reason for them to be conducted along Adventist guidelines, especially since 1) they are a completely independent ministry. Nothing like AF, which is tied to NCC, and 2) GC chose to affiliate with them on their(3ABN's) terms. So, as long as GC continues their affiliation, and nobody really tries to get the appropriate governing agencies involved, then Danny will continue to do things as he sees fit. The board will sign off on all of it and so will his supporters. All anyone person can do is stand up for right, call sin by it's name(without the meage overkill) and refuse to support the ministry built on such a foundation.

This less than realistic expectation maybe a major source of the problems here.

QUOTE(Pickle @ Feb 19 2008, 09:49 AM) *
AT,

I'm rather shocked at your initial post. Why are you so bent on defending Danny's continued heavy involvement in such an important ministry as 3ABN when he has been caught doing such things?

The Adventist Church generally speaking does not operate this way. If folks get caught red handed and it becomes public, they resign and go do something else. Whether it's a denominational or self-supporting ministry makes no difference.

Can you name me one other Adventist ministry where the leader did what Danny has done and it became known and the leader still stayed around?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Feb 19 2008, 12:18 PM
Post #10

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(princessdi @ Feb 19 2008, 12:02 PM) *
But 3ABN is not a part of the Adventist church. For all intents and purposes, they only share doctrine and have a close affiliation. There is absolutely no reason for them to be conducted along Adventist guidelines, especially since 1) they are a completely independent ministry. Nothing like AF, which is tied to NCC, and 2) GC chose to affiliate with them on their(3ABN's) terms. So, as long as GC continues their affiliation, and nobody really tries to get the appropriate governing agencies involved, then Danny will continue to do things as he sees fit. The board will sign off on all of it and so will his supporters. All anyone person can do is stand up for right, call sin by it's name(without the meage overkill) and refuse to support the ministry built on such a foundation.

This less than realistic expectation maybe a major source of the problems here.

I understand what you are saying, but 3ABN is still a supporting ministry of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, and has so claimed.

I can name supporting ministries out there whose leaders left when certain things they were doing went public. The ABC's even sell a book by a lady who describes how a very important supporting ministry lost its leader over improprieties.

These ministries were no more a part of the church than 3ABN is, and yet they did the right thing and got rid of the fellows. They didn't reward them with 40 acres of land, consulting jobs, and long-term contracts.

The issue is that 3ABN has repeatedly, according to various sources, rewarded the guilty and punished the innocent.

+Quote Post
appletree
post Feb 19 2008, 02:35 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Pickle @ Feb 19 2008, 11:49 AM) *
AT,

The issue is that 3ABN has repeatedly, according to various sources, rewarded the guilty and punished the innocent.

1.Caught doing "such" things? Say's "various sources"

2.Did what Danny has done? Say's "various sources"

Joy's favorite phrase: My "sources" tell me.....

Without beating a dead horse, the above is your whole problem. You have listened to the "wrong sources" from the word go. People that had ulterior motives. I guess you were "swept up" in the tide of revenge without even realizing that Revenge was the key word. Along the way, you have put yourself out on a limb by posting accusation after accusation with nothing to back it up except your "sources". It is now a matter of pride as much as anything that keeps you going. Down deep, you know the courts will not accept heresay and gossip to try and prove your accusations. You know that when your "sources" are brought into federal court, their credibility will be out the window when 3abn sees who they are and their past history with 3ABN and/or Danny. When the attorney's get the "facts" on these "sources" by looking at employment records that show terminations, suspensions, bad attitudes in the work place, failure to follow orders etc..etc...they will turn the "sources" every which way but loose and their motives will be clear to all.

Think it over Bob. If I were you I would rather lose face on the net than in a federal court.

+Quote Post
Dona
post Feb 19 2008, 03:03 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,296

appletree,

I guess some people do not get the point. There has been no proven facts given to support allegations of guilt for anything. Do some people actually think that the powers that be in the SDA church affiliations would actually do nothing if they had proven facts of guilt? We should be thankful that they will not just go on assumptions, presumtions, rumors or gossip and certainly not just because some have taken it public.

Some seem to think they can put this and that together and make an assumption and then follow it with an outcry for forced confession and repentance and punishment. Sounds like the inquisition and something that no true Christian would want to be involved with.

Dona

+Quote Post
Dona
post Feb 19 2008, 03:10 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,296

QUOTE(appletree @ Feb 19 2008, 03:35 PM) *

Think it over Bob. If I were you I would rather lose face on the net than in a federal court.

I agree. Here you are among brothers and sisters who love and care for each other.

Dona

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Feb 19 2008, 03:38 PM
Post #14

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Dona, these are words also said by such crimiinals as drug dealers, mobsters, etc. and their criminal defense attorneys. Because they are very careful not to sully their own hands. It's just one of those things where everybody knows they are guilty.....but there is no solid proof. This is why mobster crime bosses do to go prison it is often for something like tax evasion, when everybody knows that they are involved in drugs prostitution, gambling, murders, etc. Doesnt' mean they are not guilty, just.......careful. Danny is not even careful, but this, like many other situations like it, are years in development. Doesn't make him not guilty, though. This is not a good defense for you all to use. It in effect acknowledges that Danny has done wrong, but nobody can prove it. We all know that as Christians, that is just not good enough....God has ALL the proof, right?

Would the church stand by.....yes. I've seen it ona smaller scale more times than I can tell you...Only those not well connected suffer the consequences of their bad behavior. It starts with pastors who are unfaithful or abusive. The wives are "encouraged: to stay for the sake of their career,a nd they are "transferred" to another conference, preferreably in another union.

Bob, truth is, GC still can do nothing. They made the wrong deal to begin with in regards to 3ABN. They are stuck. Weel they aren't, but we know this present administration doesnt' have the.........uhmmmmmmmm........courage to stand up for right.....their own hands being slightly soiled...........

QUOTE(Dona @ Feb 19 2008, 01:03 PM) *
appletree,

I guess some people do not get the point. There has been no proven facts given to support allegations of guilt for anything. Do some people actually think that the powers that be in the SDA church affiliations would actually do nothing if they had proven facts of guilt? We should be thankful that they will not just go on assumptions, presumtions, rumors or gossip and certainly not just because some have taken it public.

Some seem to think they can put this and that together and make an assumption and then follow it with an outcry for forced confession and repentance and punishment. Sounds like the inquisition and something that no true Christian would want to be involved with.

Dona

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Feb 19 2008, 05:28 PM
Post #15

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(appletree @ Feb 19 2008, 02:35 PM) *
1.Caught doing "such" things? Say's "various sources"

2.Did what Danny has done? Say's "various sources"

Joy's favorite phrase: My "sources" tell me.....

Without beating a dead horse, the above is your whole problem. You have listened to the "wrong sources" from the word go. People that had ulterior motives. I guess you were "swept up" in the tide of revenge without even realizing that Revenge was the key word. Along the way, you have put yourself out on a limb by posting accusation after accusation with nothing to back it up except your "sources". It is now a matter of pride as much as anything that keeps you going. Down deep, you know the courts will not accept heresay and gossip to try and prove your accusations. You know that when your "sources" are brought into federal court, their credibility will be out the window when 3abn sees who they are and their past history with 3ABN and/or Danny. When the attorney's get the "facts" on these "sources" by looking at employment records that show terminations, suspensions, bad attitudes in the work place, failure to follow orders etc..etc...they will turn the "sources" every which way but loose and their motives will be clear to all.

AT, you're not making a bit of sense.

Who are my sources? Here are two of them: Danny Shelton. Walt Thompson.

Did Danny buy a house from 3ABN for $6,139 and sell it a week later for $135,000? Or was he just joking when he signed those deeds?

Did he tell Walt Thompson that the allegations against Tommy were 30 years old? Did Walt lie to me when he told me that he never contacted any of the alleged victims? Did someone forge Mike Riva's 2003 letter to Dryden and his 2007 letter to the Dunn Loring trustees?

Duffy hasn't accused anyone of forging his cease and desist letter.

Did Danny really write Linda on July 17, 2004, and tell her that she was going to commit fornication IF she hadn't already, indicating he didn't know whether she had?

If there were nothing else than just the above, it would be enough for just about any ministry in Adventism to jettison its leader. Why is 3ABN any different than the rest? Why?

+Quote Post

31 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 10:48 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church