Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13733&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:28:55 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> General Conference Suspends 3abn's Status, Supportive Ministry Status suspended by GC announcement
ex3ABNemployee
post Jun 4 2007, 04:00 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,722

I guess the GC is another "little group" that is just out to attack Danny. I can't wait to hear his spin on this.

Come to think of it, I'd like to hear Steffan's comments on this as well. I never thought I would miss the dannyscribes, but I'd love to know what they're thinking right now.

This post has been edited by ex3ABNemployee: Jun 4 2007, 04:01 PM

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jun 4 2007, 04:32 PM
Post #32

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Jun 4 2007, 03:00 PM) [snapback]198281[/snapback]

I guess the GC is another "little group" that is just out to attack Danny. I can't wait to hear his spin on this.

Come to think of it, I'd like to hear Steffan's comments on this as well. I never thought I would miss the dannyscribes, but I'd love to know what they're thinking right now.

No worries....I know they have been reading here at bsda, they know what's happening....I'm sure they are working on something as we speak. I'm sure they are hearing from others as we speak too...

I will be watching myself to see just how DS spins this one...all these little groups to manage, getting in the way...must keep a person busy.

Oh to be a fly....

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
mozart
post Jun 4 2007, 04:42 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

yes thanks from me too. that's how i misread it as well.
QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jun 4 2007, 03:52 PM) [snapback]198280[/snapback]

Thanks to you and joyce for straightening me out! Somehow I misread the email you posted and thought the decision was from Dr. Denis Hankinson's conference, even though it clearly says "GC". I think I put Gregory's information about Denis' being a member of the Australian Union Conference Executive Committee along with his quote "Just a quick update on the recent meetings I attended." and made mistake of thinking that his committee was the one temporarily suspending the 3abn supporting ministry status.
oops.gif

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jun 4 2007, 04:45 PM
Post #34

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jun 4 2007, 11:52 PM) [snapback]198280[/snapback]

Thanks to you and joyce for straightening me out! Somehow I misread the email you posted and thought the decision was from Dr. Denis Hankinson's conference, even though it clearly says "GC". I think I put Gregory's information about Denis' being a member of the Australian Union Conference Executive Committee along with his quote "Just a quick update on the recent meetings I attendehes, andd." and made mistake of thinking that his committee was the one temporarily suspending the 3abn supporting ministry status.
oops.gif

You might not have been too far off, PB! The statement could be slightly misleading. Really, the GC might send out directives to the Divisions, and they again to the Unions, who might forward them to the Conferences. From there it is the option of the Conference if it will forward the directives to the local churches and their pastors.

The letter we see tells us the directives here have been heeded by the Victoria Conference in Australia. That does not tell us that any other conference has done the same.

It could well be that 3ABN has been aware of this move, and therefore we hear of John Lomacang praying that Danny will see his way through the darkness, believing he, in spite of all, is the anointed one.

I have watched Danny Shelton and Doug Batchelor on 3ABN this past weekend, and it seems obvious that Danny is fighting a desperate fight. I was wondering why Molly appeared together with the 3ABN folks in Australia again and again. Now it seems obvious this is a counterattack to convince people that 3ABN is, after all, accepted by some people in Australia. At the same time she was appealing for funds to help 3ABN in Australia. Those funds are sorely needed, according to Mollie.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
mozart
post Jun 4 2007, 04:51 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

oh dear, so is it possible.......... oh, man, i feel like i've just had a wicked thought. ohmy.gif
could GMcDanny have conned and used DB & AF with the emergency meetings and "jump the gun" announcement of a merger just to appeal for "millions of dollars for their joint venture and evangelical school"? i truly hope i'm wrong.

QUOTE(Johann @ Jun 4 2007, 04:45 PM) [snapback]198291[/snapback]

You might not have been too far off, PB! The statement could be slightly misleading. Really, the GC might send out directives to the Divisions, and they again to the Unions, who might forward them to the Conferences. From there it is the option of the Conference if it will forward the directives to the local churches and their pastors.

The letter we see tells us the directives here have been heeded by the Victoria Conference in Australia. That does not tell us that any other conference has done the same.

It could well be that 3ABN has been aware of this move, and therefore we hear of John Lomacang praying that Danny will see his way through the darkness, believing he, in spite of all, is the anointed one.

I have watched Danny Shelton and Doug Batchelor on 3ABN this past weekend, and it seems obvious that Danny is fighting a desperate fight. I was wondering why Molly appeared together with the 3ABN folks in Australia again and again. Now it seems obvious this is a counterattack to convince people that 3ABN is, after all, accepted by some people in Australia. At the same time she was appealing for funds to help 3ABN in Australia. Those funds are sorely needed, according to Mollie.

This post has been edited by mozart: Jun 4 2007, 04:53 PM

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jun 4 2007, 04:55 PM
Post #36

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

QUOTE(mozart @ Jun 5 2007, 12:51 AM) [snapback]198294[/snapback]

oh dear, so is it possible.......... oh, man, i feel like i've just had a wicked thought. ohmy.gif
could GMcDanny have conned and used DB & AF with the emergency meetings and "jump the gun" announcement of a merger just to appeal for "millions of dollars for their joint venture and evangelical school"? i truly hope i'm wrong.

Usually you ain't.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Jun 4 2007, 05:00 PM
Post #37

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

yikes.gif Let's pray this announcment becomes public before too much $ goes into that ... sofa1.gif

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Jun 4 2007, 05:02 PM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
LadyTenor
post Jun 4 2007, 05:15 PM
Post #38

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 51

QUOTE(Denny @ Jun 4 2007, 12:14 PM) [snapback]198215[/snapback]

I hear the sound of chickens coming home.....

...to roost....

snack.gif

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Jun 4 2007, 12:22 PM) [snapback]198217[/snapback]

Show of hands....who else would like to be a fly on the wall in Danny's office right now?

Talia raises her hand....

QUOTE(mikell @ Jun 4 2007, 03:03 PM) [snapback]198240[/snapback]

Well, regardless, now they have NO choice BUT to back out of the deal uniting with 3ABN, it is my prayer that DB does!!!

Nothing says that DB or his minstry has to back out of this deal..... no.gif

--------------------
Visit my blog--"Musings of a Black Scrapbooker"
Talia's MySpace Page

He who has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me. And he who loves Me shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will reveal Myself to him."
--John 14:21

Any comments on blacksda.com made by Talia A. Dickson, J.D. with respect to the law are purely academic in nature and should NOT be construed as legal advice. Mrs. Dickson is not yet authorized to practice law in any jurisdiction. Should you need legal advice for a specific issue, you are encouraged to seek out the advice of an attorney of your own choosing.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jun 4 2007, 05:15 PM
Post #39

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Jun 5 2007, 01:00 AM) [snapback]198299[/snapback]

yikes.gif Let's pray this announcment becomes public before too much $ goes into that ... sofa1.gif

Amen! yes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mikell
post Jun 4 2007, 05:17 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,546

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Jun 4 2007, 04:00 PM) [snapback]198281[/snapback]

Hi, ex3abner, smile.gif. Since you been there and know alot what is going on, could you tell me if rescue3abn.blog.com is over the top? If everything in it is true, Ha, Danny should be burning in hell fire! It can't be all that bad, is it??? Is it possible that Danny is being just misunderstood, a victim???? scratchchin.gif

+Quote Post
rwelchcrs
post Jun 4 2007, 05:20 PM
Post #41

Member No.: 1,252

This announcement of GC involvement is the event I've been waiting for a long time. If any GC official is reading here, I want you to know that I am one lay person who is very grateful to see evidence that the leadership is finally stepping up. My confidence in you is being restored. But, don't stop here! Please make it loud and clear that you are concerned, that you care, and that you do indeed believe there is sufficient reason to investigate the 3ABN issues, and to caution the laity to be careful with their donations.

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Jun 4 2007, 05:24 PM
Post #42

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(rwelchcrs @ Jun 4 2007, 04:20 PM) [snapback]198305[/snapback]

This announcement of GC involvement is the event I've been waiting for a long time. If any GC official is reading here, I want you to know that I am one lay person who is very grateful to see evidence that the leadership is finally stepping up. My confidence in you is being restored. But, don't stop here! Please make it loud and clear that you are concerned, that you care, and that you do indeed believe there is sufficient reason to investigate the 3ABN issues, and to caution the laity to be careful with their donations.

Everything rwelchcrs said!

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Jun 4 2007, 05:24 PM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jun 4 2007, 05:57 PM
Post #43

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(rwelchcrs @ Jun 4 2007, 07:20 PM) [snapback]198305[/snapback]

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Jun 4 2007, 07:24 PM) [snapback]198307[/snapback]

Everything rwelchcrs said!

......... and MORE!...... notworthy.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jun 4 2007, 07:03 PM
Post #44

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

This morning I received this through the email. I have waited for the person who sent it to post it. Since they have not, I am posting it.

There were several other items of interest that I feel are good moves by our General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists.

I am also waiting for confirmation that this is indeed fact. I spoke to Mollie this AM. She had no idea what I was talking about. I referred her to BSDA.

I have very emotional feelings about this action, if indeed it is true. My heart is broken that things have come this far.

I am one that wants 3ABN the network to survive and turn around to truly become God's ministry vs. Danny's Ministry.

However, it hurts me because I believe God is grieving over this matter. Our Lord is very long suffering and kind He has waited 3 years for the turn around to happen. He has given every opportunity for those at 3ABN to see the light, but sometimes we have a hard time letting go of something we have believed in and worked for.

I have to finish my stages of grief before I am sure what I feel.

As drastic a measure as this seems, it had to be done. The World church must form a united front and lead us into the path of righteousness instead of taking no action at all as it does so many times.

Notice the other items that are covered in this communique. Notice the Church Name Protection; Reinstatement of Ministers Fallen from Grace; Workload and other HR concerns.

Greetings

Just a quick update on the recent meetings I attended.

Division Administrators meetings

Update on 3ABN

The General Conference has suspended 3ABN's Supportive Ministry status until some well known issues in more than one area are sorted out. Basically, a lot of smoke doesn't necessarily presume a fire, but it definitely needs investigation and caution.

Human Resources and Work Choices and Volunteers

There is a lot of work for our HR department and Executive in trying to make sure we are regulation compliant.

The main impact is on Volunteers. The legislation has tightened up in this area, so before coming to an arrangement for someone to do regular work for your church on a volunteer basis, please check with Wayne Stanley who heads up our HR department.

Church Name Protection

It is very important that any group that is not part of our church but uses our name needs to be reported to the Conference. If not followed up in a reasonable time it leaves our church less able to stop the misuse of our name in the future. For queries in this area, please see Wayne Stanley.

Ministry of Reconciliation

The General Conference is putting special focus into discipleship in the next year or two. For every 100 baptism world-wide, approximately 35 people will drop out. As Laurie Evans stated, "When a church fails to nurture new converts, it fails to fulfil the Great Commission to make disciples."

They are asking all levels of church to seriously look at the issue of non-attending members. Any ideas or suggestions are very welcome. As you know, discipling is one of the major focus areas for Victoria following the Finley crusade.

Reinstatement of Ministers Fallen from Grace

Reports from two committees were given.

Firstly, the Biblical Research Committee looked at this issue from a theological perspective. One of their conclusions was that there is no absolute prohibition which denies such possibilities under all circumstances, either in the Bible or in the writings of Ellen G White. General support was given to the principles as outlined in the Church Manual, but a further committee has been set up to look at ways to handle healthy exceptions to the guideline that there is no possibility of return to ministry.

Administration Work Loads

There was another report from a sub-committee that looked at the problems arising from the major increase in the past five years of government compliance. The new accounting standards, Incorporation, OH&S, Duty of Care as an employer, the changing HR environment and the continual challenge of healthy and safe church environments for children etc.

IPE Committee

Search II

The go ahead has been given for Search II, an extreme upgrade with five totally new programs and four new upgrades to be done in the next year. There is a committee that is starting work on a totally new series and a search is on for a new presenter to be trained in media skills. There is a budget of about $120,000 with Geoff Youlden still as main front man. This has a completion date of the next six years or so.

Graduates Tea

It was good to have the usual chat and interview of the Theology graduates for this year. Peter Watts and his wife, currently sponsored by Victoria are looking forward to coming to work in Victoria.

Thanks for all the energy that so many of you are putting into the Finley Crusade.

Kind regards

Denis

Dr Denis Hankinson
President - Seventh-day Adventist Church (Victoria)
Phone (0x) xxxx xxxx : pastor_denis@xxxxxxxx.xxx.xx
"Preparing for Eternity by living life to the full following Jesus"

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
mikell
post Jun 4 2007, 07:35 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,546

QUOTE(Fran @ Jun 4 2007, 07:03 PM) [snapback]198330[/snapback]

This morning I received this through the email. I have waited for the person who sent it to post it. Since they have not, I am posting it.

There were several other items of interest that I feel are good moves by our General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists.

I am also waiting for confirmation that this is indeed fact. I spoke to Mollie this AM. She had no idea what I was talking about. I referred her to BSDA.

I have very emotional feelings about this action, if indeed it is true. My heart is broken that things have come this far.

I am one that wants 3ABN the network to survive and turn around to truly become God's ministry vs. Danny's Ministry.

However, it hurts me because I believe God is grieving over this matter. Our Lord is very long suffering and kind He has waited 3 years for the turn around to happen. He has given every opportunity for those at 3ABN to see the light, but sometimes we have a hard time letting go of something we have believed in and worked for.

I have to finish my stages of grief before I am sure what I feel.

As drastic a measure as this seems, it had to be done. The World church must form a united front and lead us into the path of righteousness instead of taking no action at all as it does so many times.

Notice the other items that are covered in this communique. Notice the Church Name Protection; Reinstatement of Ministers Fallen from Grace; Workload and other HR concerns.

Okay, and the bottom line is...??? scratchchin.gif

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:28 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church