Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13733&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:28:53 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> General Conference Suspends 3abn's Status, Supportive Ministry Status suspended by GC announcement
PeacefulBe
post Jun 4 2007, 11:59 AM
Post #16

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Jun 4 2007, 10:53 AM) [snapback]198232[/snapback]

wave.gif

Has anyone contacted 3ABN to ask them about it? I'm sorely tempted.

SE,

Sounds to me like, perhaps, a case of being "convicted" rather than "tempted". Best make that contact!

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jun 4 2007, 12:04 PM
Post #17

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Observer @ Jun 4 2007, 07:50 PM) [snapback]198231[/snapback]

On a technicality: An action by a Division is an action by the General Conference for that Division. As organized, Divisions are sections of the General Conference, and are not seperate from the General Conference, as are Unions.

A Division President has - technically speaking - a status as a Vice President of the General Conference. A number of Division Presidents have moved away from their Division offices and resumed the position as general GC Vice Presidents. This is how a Division President explained it to me a number of years ago, and some time after that he also moved to Silver Springs.

This post has been edited by Johann: Jun 4 2007, 12:06 PM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jun 4 2007, 12:26 PM
Post #18

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Jun 4 2007, 11:53 AM) [snapback]198232[/snapback]

wave.gif

Has anyone contacted 3ABN to ask them about it? I'm sorely tempted.

I have contacted a source at Amazing Facts, and it is news to them. They are not aware of such.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
mikell
post Jun 4 2007, 12:38 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,546

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jun 4 2007, 09:52 AM) [snapback]198210[/snapback]

I just received this email.

"-------Original Message-------

Date: 06/01/07 00:07:37
Subject: Updates from SPD Administrators' Council and Institute of Public Evangelism Committees

Greetings

Just a quick update on the recent meetings I attended.

Division Administrators -
Update on 3ABN (bold emphasis mine)
The General Conference has suspended 3ABN Supportive Ministry status until some well known issues in more than one area are sorted out. Basically, a lot of smoke doesn't necessarily presume a fire, but it definitely needs investigation and caution.

(edited rest of content in email not relating to this item)
Kind regards

Denis

Dr Denis Hankinson
President - Seventh-day Adventist Church (Victoria)
"

Wow, PRAISE GOD!!! Amazing, for the General Conference to have done that!!!!
By the way, the author of rescue3abn.blog.com printed below his blog what came from 3ABN to him, a copy of "Cease and Desist" order of Gailon Joy! Who knows, just might be 3ABN's way to imply a threat to rescue3abn.blog.com, but maybe not???

+Quote Post
mikell
post Jun 4 2007, 01:03 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

QUOTE(mozart @ Jun 4 2007, 10:28 AM) [snapback]198218[/snapback]

clap.gif me-e-e-e wave.gif

Me TOO!!!! What GOOD NEWS!!! clap.gif
NOW FOR SURE DOUG and AF WILL BACK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! clapping.gif

QUOTE(Observer @ Jun 4 2007, 12:26 PM) [snapback]198237[/snapback]

I have contacted a source at Amazing Facts, and it is news to them. They are not aware of such.

Observer. That is surprising with NEWS like that! Well, regardless, now they have NO choice BUT to back out of the deal uniting with 3ABN, it is my prayer that DB does!!!

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Jun 4 2007, 01:07 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

If this is verified, and the GC is investigating, will it not bring the 3abn board into the hot seat as well as Danny? Aren't they theoretically accountable for 3abn?

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Jun 4 2007, 01:15 PM
Post #22

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Jun 4 2007, 12:07 PM) [snapback]198241[/snapback]

If this is verified, and the GC is investigating, will it not bring the 3abn board into the hot seat as well as Danny? Aren't they theoretically accountable for 3abn?

It's hard for a man to see something when his paycheck [or other perks, status, etc] depends on his not seeing it.

If this is true (God let it be true amen.gif) the entire administration of 3ABN is going to have to be replaced--everyone who has shilled for the Sheltons (say that out loud) ... JL, SQ, WT and on down. Some of them might be able to come back on the air in a few years, but only if they've been sufficiently chastened.

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
mikell
post Jun 4 2007, 01:17 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Jun 4 2007, 01:07 PM) [snapback]198241[/snapback]

Skyhook, a VERY good quetion! clapping.gif thumbsup.gif

+Quote Post
Shepherdswife
post Jun 4 2007, 01:26 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,439

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Jun 4 2007, 11:11 AM) [snapback]198213[/snapback]

That loud THUD you just heard was the proverbial "other shoe"...

In His service,
Mr. J

Oh! And I thought the loud thud was my fist crashing down on my desk, as I said "YES!!"

I liked the wording--smoke doesn't necessarily mean fire, but it certainly necessitates an investigation! AMEN!

shepherdswife---who doesn't take delight in misfortune or sadness, but who is VERY glad, as an abuse survivor, that this is finally being taken seriously...

Truth--that is what is needed here---whoever and wherever it comes from...

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jun 4 2007, 01:54 PM
Post #25

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jun 4 2007, 08:52 AM) [snapback]198210[/snapback]

Subject: Updates from SPD Administrators' Council and Institute of Public Evangelism Committees

Greetings

The General Conference has suspended 3ABN Supportive Ministry status until some well known issues in more than one area are sorted out. Basically, a lot of smoke doesn't necessarily presume a fire, but it definitely needs investigation and caution.

Kind regards

Denis

Dr Denis Hankinson
"

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jun 4 2007, 08:52 AM) [snapback]198210[/snapback]

Greetings

Kind regards

Denis

Dr Denis Hankinson
"

I have successfully made contact with an authorative individual at the General Conference. I have shared with that person my concern that we have a statement from the General Conference that can be published here in Black.sda in regard to whether or not the statement by Denis Hankinson is accurate, and properly understood in regard to its meaning.

As a result of that, this person has informed me that he intends to discuss this with other more informed people and get back with me in regard to such a statement that I can post here in BSDA.

It may be later in the week before he can get back to me. He feels a need to discuss this with people who are better informed than he is.

I am posting this statement with his knowledge.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
mikell
post Jun 4 2007, 02:24 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jun 4 2007, 09:52 AM) [snapback]198210[/snapback]

Greetings

Kind regards

Denis

Dr Denis Hankinson
"

Sunshineonme, I just got off the telephone with Gailon Joy, and he told me that to be GC officially to stop any kind of support for 3ABN, would be in the coming fall meeting. Gailon, is not sure if this could be correct being out of the jurisdiction of the GC. He more likely thought that it would be the NAD to officially pull support from 3ABN to have any effect. I personally do not know, but I just hope that the GC can pull their support, and has along with the NAD as well!

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jun 4 2007, 03:17 PM
Post #27

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

What I hope is that we will get a clear and public statement from the GC that they are indeed investigating the alleged issues at 3abn. This would be a victory, in my opinion, to see that there are those in our leadership who are willing to admit that something may be amiss at this ministry that many feel represents our denomination, and that they have a duty to check it out!

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
mikell
post Jun 4 2007, 03:28 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jun 4 2007, 03:17 PM) [snapback]198273[/snapback]

What I hope is that we will get a clear and public statement from the GC that they are indeed investigating the alleged issues at 3abn. This would be a victory, in my opinion, to see that there are those in our leadership who are willing to admit that something may be amiss at this ministry that many feel represents our denomination, and that they have a duty to check it out!

AMEN! yes.gif
Save3abn.com
Rescue3abn.blog.com

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jun 4 2007, 03:41 PM
Post #29

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(mikell @ Jun 4 2007, 01:24 PM) [snapback]198260[/snapback]

Sunshineonme, I just got off the telephone with Gailon Joy, and he told me that to be GC officially to stop any kind of support for 3ABN, would be in the coming fall meeting. Gailon, is not sure if this could be correct being out of the jurisdiction of the GC. He more likely thought that it would be the NAD to officially pull support from 3ABN to have any effect. I personally do not know, but I just hope that the GC can pull their support, and has along with the NAD as well!

As Joyce just posted in the other thread regarding "news release from amazing facts..."

"Denis Hankinson is the president of the Victoria Conference in Australia. The resolution suspending 3abn as an SDA supporting ministry, due to more than one issue of concern, came from the General Conference. The memo regarding the issue was sent to all the pastors in that conference."

this was my understanding from reading the email I received as well.

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jun 4 2007, 03:17 PM) *

QUOTE(mikell @ Jun 4 2007, 02:28 PM) [snapback]198276[/snapback]

AMEN! yes.gif
Save3abn.com
Rescue3abn.blog.com

I 2nd that smile.gif

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: Jun 4 2007, 03:44 PM

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jun 4 2007, 03:52 PM
Post #30

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jun 4 2007, 02:41 PM) [snapback]198278[/snapback]

As Joyce just posted in the other thread regarding "news release from amazing facts..."

"Denis Hankinson is the president of the Victoria Conference in Australia. The resolution suspending 3abn as an SDA supporting ministry, due to more than one issue of concern, came from the General Conference. The memo regarding the issue was sent to all the pastors in that conference."

this was my understanding from reading the email I received as well.
I 2nd that smile.gif

Thanks to you and joyce for straightening me out! Somehow I misread the email you posted and thought the decision was from Dr. Denis Hankinson's conference, even though it clearly says "GC". I think I put Gregory's information about Denis' being a member of the Australian Union Conference Executive Committee along with his quote "Just a quick update on the recent meetings I attended." and made mistake of thinking that his committee was the one temporarily suspending the 3abn supporting ministry status.
oops.gif

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:28 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church