Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13244&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:43:13 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sda Church Discipline, re: questions, arguments and misconceptions in regards to 3ABN issues
PeacefulBe
post Apr 12 2007, 01:49 PM
Post #31

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

Di,
I wonder who owns the church building? Come to think of it, I wonder who "owns" my church building. Is the conference the legal owner of church buildings? Does anyone know?

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 12 2007, 02:06 PM
Post #32

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Historically, The members built the church, I think the conference helps with loans, etc., but it is mostly church members,a nd then you tunr over your deed to the conference for insurance purposely, you know things on that level being cheaper is done on a coporate/group level. However, that has it's draw backs, and some serious looholes that eventual work against the church and in favor of the conference. If we ever build another church, I would not advise sending the conference office the original deed, I might send them a copy.

However, in the case of 3ABN, WB said that they had a building in T'ville, and while she is not sure if there are still members meeting in that building, the Danny effectively moved that T'ville church to a building on the 3ABN campus. I don't see Danny going for the IL Conference owning a parcel of 3ABN land......It must have been 3ABN building to begin with? dunno.gif

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Apr 12 2007, 12:49 PM) [snapback]191145[/snapback]

Di,
I wonder who owns the church building? Come to think of it, I wonder who "owns" my church building. Is the conference the legal owner of church buildings? Does anyone know?

PB

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Apr 12 2007, 03:24 PM
Post #33

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(princessdi @ Apr 12 2007, 03:06 PM) [snapback]191147[/snapback]

However, in the case of 3ABN, WB said that they had a building in T'ville, and while she is not sure if there are still members meeting in that building, the Danny effectively moved that T'ville church to a building on the 3ABN campus. I don't see Danny going for the IL Conference owning a parcel of 3ABN land......It must have been 3ABN building to begin with? dunno.gif

Di did you really say "the Danny"?

May I quote you?

rofl1.gif roflmao.gif rofl1.gif

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Apr 12 2007, 03:25 PM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 12 2007, 03:40 PM
Post #34

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

roflmao.gif rofl1.gif Gurl Hursh!!! Wait I had beter do it right then, "The Danny". That was really one of my many typos, but when you think of it, he would have to be "The" somethin' to move a whole church onto a buidling I assume is owned by his independent ministry, and the IL Conference let him......

Hmmmm going further with that means that is one church on which the conference would not have the deed.................there are more implications here than first believed......... scratchchin.gif....that whole censure thing takes on a whole new dimension.......Pastor paid by 3ABN.........Church on 3ABN land............several boards members paid by 3ABN(and how many are also 3ABN board members)..............How much conflict of interest do people like Aletheia and Lee need for them to see the Houston, Ooops! T'ville, has a problem?

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Apr 12 2007, 01:24 PM) [snapback]191159[/snapback]

Di did you really say "the Danny"?

May I quote you?

rofl1.gif roflmao.gif rofl1.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 12 2007, 04:14 PM
Post #35

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(princessdi @ Apr 12 2007, 02:40 PM) [snapback]191163[/snapback]

roflmao.gif rofl1.gif Gurl Hursh!!! Wait I had beter do it right then, "The Danny". That was really one of my many typos, but when you think of it, he would have to be "The" somethin' to move a whole church onto a buidling I assume is owned by his independent ministry, and the IL Conference let him......

Hmmmm going further with that means that is one church on which the conference would not have the deed.................there are more implications here than first believed......... scratchchin.gif....that whole censure thing takes on a whole new dimension.......Pastor paid by 3ABN.........Church on 3ABN land............several boards members paid by 3ABN(and how many are also 3ABN board members)..............How much conflict of interest do people like Aletheia and Lee need for them to see the Houston, Ooops! T'ville, has a problem?

I'm sure glad The Danny doesn't wear a kooky hair style like The Donald!

I think the Illinois conference might be able to answer some of those questions, Di. It would be nice if someone would call up/email to find out.

But, certainly the conference legal department would have handled all of the ramifications of this special arrangement, right?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Observer
post Apr 12 2007, 07:12 PM
Post #36

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Apr 12 2007, 01:49 PM) [snapback]191145[/snapback]

Di,

PB

In the "good old days" church property, to include th buildings were the property of the Conference.
This was primarily due to the desire for the property to remaian in Conference control in the event of a congregational split.

Howeer, there were always rare exceptions which were typically a building errected on a farm, or other personal property, in which the owners of the property had probably paid for the errection of the building.

In these days, nothing is normal! Today, there is more church property that is not owned by the Conference. However, this is still a minority practice.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 12 2007, 10:48 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Apr 12 2007, 03:14 PM) [snapback]191171[/snapback]

I think the Illinois conference might be able to answer some of those questions, Di. It would be nice if someone would call up/email to find out.

But, certainly the conference legal department would have handled all of the ramifications of this special arrangement, right?

i emailed the IL. conference, and asked if Kenneth Denslow was on the board of 3abn. they did not email me back. scratchchin.gif HOW RUDE !

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Fran
post Apr 12 2007, 11:39 PM
Post #38

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 12 2007, 11:48 PM) [snapback]191209[/snapback]

i emailed the IL. conference, and asked if Kenneth Denslow was on the board of 3abn. they did not email me back. scratchchin.gif HOW RUDE !

He is a board member. At least he was last time I checked, but things change so fast that it is a good thing you sent the email and asked, even though they didn't answer! Maybe you should have asked if his position was up for sale! Better yet, is he still the IL Conference President?

I heard (3rd-4th hand info) he would willingly give his position away. Can't say as I believe it or not. I have been against him, for him, against him so many times it isn't funny! I get so confused I forget his name at times! OOOOHHHHHHH. This is bad. I better hit the bed before I start having visions of grandeur.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Apr 13 2007, 08:27 AM
Post #39

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered)

Seems I recall sister saying something about his new hair recently.

BTW, when Linda was there, many of the programs started the credits with Jesus Christ...and that was followed by executive producer Danny Shelton. I haven't seen that since the divorce. Now everything is about DS. Go to the 3abn website, first thing you see is Danny's face on the screen.

If 3abn really wanted to know a little secret people appreciate about success, they'd keep him as the invisible person behind the scenes instead of the image of a self-indulging star trying to promote himself....talking about himself. I thought true Christianity was letting self die.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Apr 13 2007, 09:14 AM
Post #40

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Apr 13 2007, 10:27 AM) [snapback]191250[/snapback]

BTW, when Linda was there, many of the programs started the credits with Jesus Christ...and that was followed by executive producer Danny Shelton. I haven't seen that since the divorce. Now everything is about DS. Go to the 3abn website, first thing you see is Danny's face on the screen.

If 3abn really wanted to know a little secret people appreciate about success, they'd keep him as the invisible person behind the scenes instead of the image of a self-indulging star trying to promote himself....talking about himself. I thought true Christianity was letting self die.

They don't want 'true Christianity'; they want the brand that causes people to ascribe to the Danny the honor he believes himself due... and most especially to send an offering as they sit before their sets...

hmmm...That's not the psalm 96 I remember... darn paraphrases...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 13 2007, 09:27 AM
Post #41

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Danny's hair piece is bad, Tommy's hair piece is atrocious, expecially since th ey tell me he supposed to know better. I am ashamed to say he is part of my profession of more than 20 years. Adn JL doens't have a hair piece................Mercy! As I said if they weren't so scandalous I would apply for ths hairstylist job over there, because the women need even more hslp than the men. Somehow I think walking on 3ABN grounds would fat this point eel like walking onto the Omega(I think that is the name, it's been a while) Institute grounds in Piercing the Darkness......... blink.gif

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Apr 13 2007, 06:27 AM) [snapback]191250[/snapback]

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
daylily
post Apr 13 2007, 11:13 AM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,715

I think Danny had a hair transplant because I remember him saying that if it didn't take, he wouldn't have it done again because it was painful or a lot of trouble or something

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 13 2007, 11:18 AM
Post #43

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Ok so he should have gotten somebody else to do it, or change the color....Actually that is where i have the problem with his, the color does not look natural.............
QUOTE(daylily @ Apr 13 2007, 10:13 AM) [snapback]191286[/snapback]

I think Danny had a hair transplant because I remember him saying that if it didn't take, he wouldn't have it done again because it was painful or a lot of trouble or something

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Apr 13 2007, 12:44 PM
Post #44

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Apr 11 2007, 03:58 PM) [snapback]190982[/snapback]

That is true. For the Thompsonville church to really be the 3abn church, 3abn would have to pay more than just 1/2 of the pastor's salary.

I believe that Mrs. Lomacang works for 3ABN, too. Do we count her income as part of the pastor's salary if the Lomacangs file a joint return?

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 13 2007, 12:57 PM
Post #45

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Apr 13 2007, 07:27 AM) [snapback]191250[/snapback]

3abn Today credits Jesus Christ as the Supreme Provider. I believe I have seen that on other programming as well.

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:43 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church