Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13244&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:43:11 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sda Church Discipline, re: questions, arguments and misconceptions in regards to 3ABN issues
Aletheia
post Apr 11 2007, 01:13 PM
Post #16

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Apr 11 2007, 08:56 AM) [snapback]190897[/snapback]

Then you did bold them Cindy... whether it was your intention to do so is another question; the poster just noted that in your post you bolded that statement; no attribution of any particular intent was made.

You are gonna give yourself an ulcer if you stay in kneejerk reaction mode constantly...

In His service,
Mr. J
You could lead by example, Cindy... and opt out of this whole Locutus of Borg thing you have going on Danny's camp's behalf. It's evident you have no first hand knowledge or involvement in any of this... so why be their lightning rod? Is there an all expense paid trip to Thompsonville in it for you? A ride on Danny's jet, perhaps? Maybe you'll get to finally meet the great and powerful Oz himself... just ignore the man behind the curtain if you do...

In His service,
Mr. J

Why do you just follow me around talking trash, so often? Don't you have better things to do? aren't there others you want to post to, or argue with??

If you'd looked at what was referred to before replying --instead of your typical kneejerk reaction-- you'd d know that statement is not bolded, only four words are and they make no sense by themselves..

Nor do you.

I was only answering her to explain that I wasn't emphasizing anything, or trying to make any point as she obviously assumed.

Toodles...

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Apr 11 2007, 01:20 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Apr 11 2007, 01:26 PM
Post #17

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Apr 11 2007, 03:13 PM) [snapback]190965[/snapback]

Why do you just follow me around talking trash, so often? Don't you have better things to do? aren't there others you want to post to, or argue with??

If you cannot handle your statements being scrutinized then you should not post them in a public forum. Whether I have better things to do is not your concern.

If you'd looked at what was referred to before replying --instead of your typical kneejerk reaction-- you'd d know that statement is not bolded, only four words are and they make no sense by themselves..

Nor do you.

I was only answering her to explain that I wasn't emphasizing anything.

Toodles...

Then you should have said you werent emphasizing anything... rather than you did not bold them... the fact remains that whether 4 words or 400 were bolded, you were the one that bolded them...

And as I noted before... nothing was said regarding why the words were bolded; it was only noted that they were... so there is no need for your defensiveness.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Apr 11 2007, 01:36 PM
Post #18

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 830

But the workers still belong to the SDA Church. One then has to apply it when dealing with them, regardless of where they work or whether or not it is an independent ministry. yes.gif

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Apr 10 2007, 01:09 PM) [snapback]190742[/snapback]

I thought 3ABN was completely independent of the SDA church? So what does this have to do with anything??

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Apr 11 2007, 01:47 PM
Post #19

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Apr 11 2007, 02:36 PM) [snapback]190971[/snapback]

But the workers still belong to the SDA Church. One then has to apply it when dealing with them, regardless of where they work or whether or not it is an independent ministry. yes.gif

Exactly. Church discipline has to do with individuals, and the greater majority of individuals on both sides of this issue belong to a SDA Church and that is where problems can be resolved.

BTW somebody referred to the Thompsonville Church as the 3ABN Church. To clarify, There is no 3ABN Church, and the majority of the members of the thompsonville Church are not even employed by 3ABN.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 11 2007, 02:58 PM
Post #20

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Apr 11 2007, 11:47 AM) [snapback]190974[/snapback]

Exactly. Church discipline has to do with individuals, and the greater majority of individuals on both sides of this issue belong to a SDA Church and that is where problems can be resolved.
BTW somebody referred to the Thompsonville Church as the 3ABN Church. To clarify, There is no 3ABN Church, and the majority of the members of the thompsonville Church are not even employed by 3ABN.

That is true. For the Thompsonville church to really be the 3abn church, 3abn would have to pay more than just 1/2 of the pastor's salary.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Apr 11 2007, 03:01 PM
Post #21

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Apr 11 2007, 03:47 PM) [snapback]190974[/snapback]

The pastor is and the conference president that is said pastor's boss is... and if you dont believe that makes a difference, then I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn.

As for church discipline... you and everyone else in your camp... up to and including DS have yet to make a case for church discipline in Linda's regard...

There is a growing mountain of evidence for church discipline in Danny's case, however... particular where items 2 through 7 inclusive on page 195 are concerned... and if you were as concerned for the church as you claim, you would be zealous for the church to act in whatever case against whatever person where action was indicated... rather than trying to conjure a case against one side while doing your best imitation of Bartimaeus before he met Jesus towards the other...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Apr 11 2007, 03:23 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

Aletheia, it seems clear that you subscribe to a kind of twist on the Richard Nixon legal doctrine. He once made the statement "If the president does it, that means its legal." You seem to follow a doctrine that says, "If Danny says it, that means its true." Not a logical way to discover truth.

+Quote Post
Jnana15
post Apr 11 2007, 05:08 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,009

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Apr 11 2007, 02:13 PM) [snapback]190965[/snapback]

I thank Mr. J that he is willing to hold you accountable for the jumbled litter that you are leaving behind here, or elses I would think that I'm loosing it uhm.gif wacko.gif

TVsnack.gif

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Apr 12 2007, 03:16 AM
Post #24

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Apr 11 2007, 05:23 PM) [snapback]190985[/snapback]

Aletheia, it seems clear that you subscribe to a kind of twist on the Richard Nixon legal doctrine. He once made the statement "If the president does it, that means its legal." You seem to follow a doctrine that says, "If Danny says it, that means its true." Not a logical way to discover truth.

? ? ?

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Apr 12 2007, 03:17 AM

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Apr 12 2007, 03:29 AM
Post #25

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Apr 11 2007, 04:58 PM) [snapback]190982[/snapback]

That is true. For the Thompsonville church to really be the 3abn church, 3abn would have to pay more than just 1/2 of the pastor's salary.

Why would you bring this up PB?
and if they pay more then 1/3 of his monthly income, it's news to me...

In any case it is NOT the 3ABN Church. It is a conference Church.

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Apr 12 2007, 03:51 AM

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 12 2007, 08:14 AM
Post #26

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Apr 12 2007, 01:29 AM) [snapback]191050[/snapback]

Aletheia,

I didn't bring it up. I was responding to your post. I was agreeing with you that the Thompsonvile church is not the 3abn church.

Perhaps you need a bit more sleep. A well-rested mind often helps comprehension.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Johann
post Apr 12 2007, 10:07 AM
Post #27

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Apr 12 2007, 11:29 AM) [snapback]191050[/snapback]

Perhaps this needs to be clarified? Do you realize that a few years back in a different case the pastor followed Danny Shelton's orders on who should not receive church discipline. He issued the verdict that a certain Shelton was exempt from receiving such discipline as would have been due others.

I'd prefer not to mention names here, but in case you need a verification it can be done by PM.

Would it, then, be more accurate to call the Thompsonville church a Danny Shelton church?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Apr 12 2007, 10:45 AM
Post #28

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Apr 12 2007, 04:29 AM) [snapback]191050[/snapback]

The last official word we had on this was that the arrangement between 3abn and the Conference was that since a good deal of John Lomacang's work was done directly for 3abn, that 3abn would send an amount equal to half of his salary to the Conference. Thus while Lomacang OTOH is counted as a full-time conference employee, OTOH he is actually only a half-time employee. If that has been changed to only one-third of his monthly income, I would be interested in seeing the documentation for that.

As to whether it is the Thompsonville church or the 3abn church. It is, of course, officially listed on conference roles as the Thompsonville church. But the facts of history are that Danny opened up a building on the 3abn campus and effectively moved the church there. Now frankly, I don't know if there is still any other group meeting as the Thompsonville church or not. But at any rate, since the church name is officially the Thompsonville church, and since it does meet at 3abn.... it is equally proper to call it either the Thompsonville church... or ... the 3abn church.... since that is the location where they meet.

So... why have YOU made such a big deal of it, Cindy?.... uhm.gif

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 12 2007, 01:26 PM
Post #29

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

I am glad you said it this time, PB......sheesh! giggle.gif
QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Apr 12 2007, 07:14 AM) [snapback]191070[/snapback]

Aletheia,

I didn't bring it up. I was responding to your post. I was agreeing with you that the Thompsonvile church is not the 3abn church.

Perhaps you need a bit more sleep. A well-rested mind often helps comprehension.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 12 2007, 01:39 PM
Post #30

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Ok so once again we are dealing with conveniences here. The name is the T
ville church, but it really no longer meets in just T'ville, but on the "campus" of 3ABN. So that Cindy can proclaim that it is not the 3ABN church, becuase the is not it's name,a nd it i slisted as a conference church. However, in actions it is very much a 3ABN church, becuase it is physically located at 3ABN, the pastor spends so much time working at 3ABN that they have to pay a portion(doesn't matter half, third) of his salary, pretty much everyone who works and live near 3ABN goes there, at least 8 or 9 board members work at 3ABN. So when convenient, like now, Cindy says it is called the T'ville church and it is not the 3ABN church. It is jsut like 3ABn vasilating between being a ministry and a business. When Danny and Linda were together, they built a ministry...together, when Danny wanted to kick Linda to the curb and cheap out of her portion of the true value of 3ABN, it is a business and she was only an employee, and they kindly and graciously gave her a HUGE severance. Now, it could have also been it is a buisness we built and I'll buy you out. but no, once again it was "convenient" once again for danny to tkae advantage of the fact that for "buisness purposes" Linda and Danny are both employees. Like I said, I really want to see if Danny were to leave and they offered him 250K. Cindy, Lee, would you consider that to be genreous?

QUOTE(watchbird @ Apr 12 2007, 09:45 AM) [snapback]191102[/snapback]

The last official word we had on this was that the arrangement between 3abn and the Conference was that since a good deal of John Lomacang's work was done directly for 3abn, that 3abn would send an amount equal to half of his salary to the Conference. Thus while Lomacang OTOH is counted as a full-time conference employee, OTOH he is actually only a half-time employee. If that has been changed to only one-third of his monthly income, I would be interested in seeing the documentation for that.

As to whether it is the Thompsonville church or the 3abn church. It is, of course, officially listed on conference roles as the Thompsonville church. But the facts of history are that Danny opened up a building on the 3abn campus and effectively moved the church there. Now frankly, I don't know if there is still any other group meeting as the Thompsonville church or not. But at any rate, since the church name is officially the Thompsonville church, and since it does meet at 3abn.... it is equally proper to call it either the Thompsonville church... or ... the 3abn church.... since that is the location where they meet.

So... why have YOU made such a big deal of it, Cindy?.... uhm.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:43 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church