Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21098&st=135 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:28:39 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Subpoena Issued To Calvin Eakins, To give a depostion and provide information on BSDA members
sister
post Mar 16 2008, 11:01 PM
Post #136

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 762

QUOTE(appletree @ Mar 16 2008, 11:06 PM) *
FYI I have communicated with the law firm. When I said Danny didn't know the subpeona's were being served or who they were served to, I was 100% correct. Ian gave a simple and direct explanation of how a suit progresses without being told by the client what moves to make. Maybe you should read what she wrote.

Now based upon the above information you are either a liar or Danny Shelton making up another “little story” to explain how you have gained privileged attorney/client information, when it is not Danny himself posting that information. Of course there is a third option: you are nothing more than the mouth piece for Danny Shelton on BSDA, Danny speaks, then you write. No law firm in the country would answer your inquiry concerning any information that either was or was not discussed with their client. Of course a hick redneck from Southern Illinois would probably not be aware of attorney/client privilege. So just admit it Appletree, you are Danny Shelton or you got the information from him. Either way, it is probably a lie. Danny would have been informed of any actions taken on his behalf by the attorney representing him in the lawsuit.

Oh, by the way, another small point: you referred to Ian as “she”. Ian is a man’s name, of course Cindy is a woman’s name. It has been said it is much easier to tell the truth then to lie, the reason being it is much easier to remember the facts than all the fabrications.

Now, don’t you wish I was on your side of the issue? Of course Danny could have his attorney offer me immunity from prosecution in exchange for offering my skills for his service. Unfortunately, I am not interested...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Mar 16 2008, 11:11 PM
Post #137

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

Apologies, Di. Thank you for taking the steps you feel necessary. I didn't realize that increasing a font size was not cool - I thought that typing in all caps was defined as "not using our inside voices." I believe I have observed several posters increase font size. But, I respect your actions!! hug.gif

By the way, can you help me understand why it is OK for a poster who was previously banned to come back as someone else??

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 16 2008, 11:56 PM) *
Snoopy, I am going to edit your post. We still need to use our inside voices.[/color][/b]

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 16 2008, 11:35 PM
Post #138

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Ian @ Mar 16 2008, 09:17 PM) *
Johann I am not going to scoff at those prophesies i have studied them in great detail and continue to, I believe in them, wholeheartedly.

But let's consider something here. There is the remnant who are described in Rev 12 as keeping the commandments of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ (identified in Rev 19:10 as the spirit of prophecy) and they are further described in Rev 14 as those who keep the commandments of God and have the faith of Jesus. In contrast you have the dragon (and his seed with emnity Gen 3:15) who is wroth, and at war with them, he is identified as the "accuser of the brethren"

Now of the two sides here who is teaching the gospel and spreading the three angel's messages?
Only 3ABN, most the accusers of 3ABN have problems with the very prohesies you bring up and even some of the foundational doctrines of the SDA church. Even those who don't are not here spreading the gospel, nor teaching the prophesies, .

Next who is accusing who?

well of course it is the accusers of 3ABN who are the majority of posters on these forums doing the accusing, that is what they are being sued for, NOT for their faith.

NEXT:

The prophesies you speak of talk about a religious and political union which makes and enacts laws to persecute the remnant.

3ABN is not making or enacting laws, they are not undermining the Constitution and bringing about a Union of Church and state. They are appealing to the judicial system for justice as they are being Defamed, that is a CIVIL matter, and our present laws allow that. Further as has been pointed out numerous times they are not suing for personal gain, but seeking to recover what was lost, both characterwise and financially, and those same principles are clearly found in the civil laws of Ancient Israel. And-- sorry, but those who are accusing them falsely can by no means be called "commandment keepers" Nor can that even remotely be called love.

Further, the straight testimony is to the Laodecian Church and is not what those criticizing and maligning 3ABN are doing. That does not include public attacks and anonymous accusers, who don't follow biblical principles, or face those they accuse. It doesn't include talebearing.

People who have engaged in gossip, talebearing, and lying are acting like they are being persecuted and that what they have done is righteous. It isn't. They think their rights have been violated, they aren't.

I detest this attempt to make this whole issue into the fulfillment of prophesies. All the world is not going to line up on one side or the other in regards to 3ABN.

If you disagree, so be it, I think I've said all I am going to here.

Blessings...

It does not surprice me that you miss the application our teacher made more than 50 years ago, which is: The method Danny Shelton is using in his attempt to justify his actions is the only method available under the present premises to persecute the people of God in the Unitetd States by their enemies. And we are aslo told that the worst enemies will be those who are fully convinced themselves they are the true people of God, and are doing his will. Those who seem to be in a position to prove they are.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 16 2008, 11:38 PM
Post #139

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Yes, Snoopy, people often do increase the size of the font,a nd ALL caps are defitinely yelling. I know you were jsut trying to stres the point with appletree. Some things just go to "intetnt". I just believe he already knew and was just a bit overwrought with all this activity. Thank you for respecting my action.

Even though I had to take those actions, they were both to keep common and christian respect in this very difficult discussion. It is difficult for even me at times. I have to pray often before taking actions. I actually like our "family atmosphere". but I know that sometimes families feud. Beleive it or not I truly ove each one ofthe members here as my brothers and sisters in Christ..

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Mar 16 2008, 10:11 PM) *
Apologies, Di. Thank you for taking the steps you feel necessary. I didn't realize that increasing a font size was not cool - I thought that typing in all caps was defined as "not using our inside voices." I believe I have observed several posters increase font size. But, I respect your actions!! hug.gif

By the way, can you help me understand why it is OK for a poster who was previously banned to come back as someone else??

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Ian
post Mar 17 2008, 06:52 AM
Post #140

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Mar 16 2008, 10:32 PM) *
And, just for the record....IAN CLAIMS TO BE MALE!!! You all might want to get your story/gender straight before sticking your foot in your mouth!! I think it is obvious that "Ian" is "Alethia" is "Cindy"!!! What I don't get is why she is allowed to be here if she was banned...

Just for the record Snoopy. Ian does not claim to be male. I never have, nor has this ever come up before this on the forum, or I would have corrected that impression quickly, the same way I did with those I talk to her via pms and emails.

I realize my profile says "m" but I can't help that. It was either a glitch or mistake when I registered and I noticed it right away, but I cannot correct or change it in my profile, although I have tried many times.

I have since noticed that some other women here have the same dillemma, Seraphjm for one.

As for the rest, it seems you think you know many things which aren't obvious or proven, and are mssing out on what is very obvious and has been proven to you time and again. Look to your list of friends and who and what you support and who and what you reject if you don't get my drift.

People really care about you here Snoopy, and I am one of them...

Later...

+Quote Post
Ian
post Mar 17 2008, 07:54 AM
Post #141

Advanced Member

QUOTE(sister @ Mar 16 2008, 11:01 PM) *
Now based upon the above information you are either a liar or Danny Shelton making up another “little story” to explain how you have gained privileged attorney/client information, when it is not Danny himself posting that information. Of course there is a third option: you are nothing more than the mouth piece for Danny Shelton on BSDA, Danny speaks, then you write. No law firm in the country would answer your inquiry concerning any information that either was or was not discussed with their client. Of course a hick redneck from Southern Illinois would probably not be aware of attorney/client privilege. So just admit it Appletree, you are Danny Shelton or you got the information from him. Either way, it is probably a lie. Danny would have been informed of any actions taken on his behalf by the attorney representing him in the lawsuit.

Oh, by the way, another small point: you referred to Ian as “she”. Ian is a man’s name, of course Cindy is a woman’s name. It has been said it is much easier to tell the truth then to lie, the reason being it is much easier to remember the facts than all the fabrications.

Now, don’t you wish I was on your side of the issue? Of course Danny could have his attorney offer me immunity from prosecution in exchange for offering my skills for his service. Unfortunately, I am not interested...

All of your options above are false Swister, and lies are something you should never try to accuse others of till you confess and correct your many false claims and stories.

And has bern posted here before

You claim to come and go and to have seen so much at 3ABN - a lie, how could you possibly have considering your rather short stay..

You claim to be a first person witness, or have personal knowledge to your many twisted and sick stories - a lie

You claim to come and go at Shelton family gatherings- a lie

You claim to be a confidant of Danny Shelton- a lie

On the upside:

You claimed to be a writer, and it's true you are a talebearer...

You also claimed to be highly upset, irate even, when people claimied one of your heroines, Kristina Fiscalinis had emotional/mental issues, that at least appears to be the truth...

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 17 2008, 08:02 AM
Post #142

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(appletree @ Mar 16 2008, 10:23 PM) *
This case has been held up even more by the investigating agent going on maternity leave. (FHB was correct when he made that statement)

How come Attorney Jerrie Hayes told the magistrate judge on Friday, March 7, 2008, that there was no criminal investigation going on? Was she fibbing to the court, or had she been fibbed to?

Better yet, how long have you known about the investigation, and about the maternity leave?

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 17 2008, 08:03 AM
Post #143

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Mar 16 2008, 10:32 PM) *
And don't bother preaching your biblical garbage to me. As far as I am concerned, 3ABN is about the business of breaking mended people!!! At least that is the impact they have had on me, as if you care.

I can't decide who to call first tomorrow - the Southern Illinoisan or the General Conference...or maybe the IRS....or CNN....

If you think their slogan "Mending Broken People" is deceptive, you could explore filing a deceptive advertising complaint with the FTC.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 17 2008, 08:10 AM
Post #144

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ian @ Mar 17 2008, 07:54 AM) *
You also claimed to be highly upset, irate even, when people claimied one of your heroines, Kristina Fiscalinis had emotional/mental issues, that at least appears to be the truth...

Know anyone else that has emotional/mental issues?

Lots of people have struggles, but what's the point? That story explored the question of whether stands one took in the church affected one's employment at 3ABN. Did Jean's stand at church affect his employment at 3ABN? Did Danny tell Kristina that it wouldn't? Those are the real issues, not whether Kristina had it all together or not.

I served as the head elder of a church on the premises of a self-supporting institution. From what I recall, while I was there, the positions one took at the church did not affect one's employment at the institution, and the positions one took at the institution did not affect one's membership status at the church.

Do you think it should have been otherwise?

+Quote Post
Ian
post Mar 17 2008, 08:16 AM
Post #145

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Pickle @ Mar 17 2008, 08:02 AM) *
How come Attorney Jerrie Hayes told the magistrate judge on Friday, March 7, 2008, that there was no criminal investigation going on? Was she fibbing to the court, or had she been fibbed to?

Better yet, how long have you known about the investigation, and about the maternity leave?

dunno.gif

Because she was referring to the fact it's been put on hold, due to the maternity leave in question, and you are again twisting and reinterpreting what was said, to make an accusation????

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Mar 17 2008, 08:18 AM
Post #146

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,268

QUOTE(Ian @ Mar 17 2008, 09:16 AM) *
dunno.gif

Because she was referring to the fact it's been put on hold, due to the maternity leave in question, and you are again twisting and reinterpreting what was said, to make an accusation????

"On hold" doesn't mean that an investigation doesn't exist. It means it's "on hold". Omission of truth is still a lie.

+Quote Post
Ian
post Mar 17 2008, 08:22 AM
Post #147

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Pickle @ Mar 17 2008, 08:10 AM) *
Know anyone else that has emotional/mental issues?

Lots of people have struggles, but what's the point? That story explored the question of whether stands one took in the church affected one's employment at 3ABN. Did Jean's stand at church affect his employment at 3ABN? Did Danny tell Kristina that it wouldn't? Those are the real issues, not whether Kristina had it all together or not.

I served as the head elder of a church on the premises of a self-supporting institution. From what I recall, while I was there, the positions one took at the church did not affect one's employment at the institution, and the positions one took at the institution did not affect one's membership status at the church.

Do you think it should have been otherwise?

One, it had relevance to my point to Sister, which was in reference to her personal involvement.

Two, I don't think when it comes to discussions of who is and is not qualified to be an "Elder" in their Church, you should start piping in, as it is my understanding you have been removed from that position not too long ago...

But, one should always verify info though, and get input from both sides, even when it comes from multiple 'anonymous" sources.

So, Is that true, or false, Bob?

Any comments you'd like to make on this breaking news story?

This post has been edited by Ian: Mar 17 2008, 08:24 AM

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Mar 17 2008, 08:27 AM
Post #148

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(Observer @ Mar 16 2008, 12:23 PM) *
O.K. I will add to the speculation as to why 3-ABN have named the various people in the respective subponeas:

1) There may be people, very few I think, whom they would like to litigate against. So they are attempting to identify them so that they can serve them with notice of a lawsuit.

2) They may wish to know if certain people are posting under another penname. E.g. They may want to konw if I am posting under the penname of"Sister.?" NOTE: Comment made to illustrarte a point.

3) There may be people whom they wish to depose. To do this then need to identify them in order to serve them. The act of deposing a person does not mean that they intend to litigate against them. I may simply mean that they believe that the person whom they wish to depose has information that they need. So, they wish to obtain it. E.G They may wish to ask Johann if he obtained certain information from Linda, what and when?

4) They may wish to question a person as to the factual basis for a post that the person made.

I can think of any number of reasons why they would wish to depose a noumber of the people who have posted here in BSDA and in other forums. I Fully expect that a number of those people will have legal orders issued that require the to respond to questions raised by the 3-ABN Attornies. Be prepared for it. Determine waht you are wiling to spend in legal fees. BE prepared. It is comming. But, it does notmean that every person is in p;otential legal harm.

By the way, do not think that the so-called "Freedom of the press" is an absolute bar against you being required to provide information.
Some of you will either give information, or face Contempt of Court isseus.

IF this means that you need the services of a competent attorney, consider it.

NOTE: Here is something to consider as you lthilnk as to whetehr or not you need an attorney:

1) If you believe that you may become a defendent in litigation, do not walk, run to an attorney and seek competent advice now.

2) If you believe that you will not become a defendent, but may be requrired to give informaiton, youy may need to consult with an attorney in regard to whast questions you will be required to answer, and how you should respond.

3) If you do not want your confidential information to be released to 3-ABN, seek competent legal advice.

4) If you want to prote4ct your estate and propertyl, seek legal advice.

5) If you beleive that you are protected by your "homeowners": policy, seek legal advice.

Gregory,

I do not want to see your well articulated post buried.

I want to emphasize what you have said here. It should not be necessary to remind those involved that seeking competent legal advice from one licensed to give it may be necessary. Some who give advice on these matters have not hesitated to state they recognize there will be victims. IMO to assume your best interest is consistent with their agenda is naive as some have found.

nw

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Mar 17 2008, 08:27 AM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Ian
post Mar 17 2008, 08:33 AM
Post #149

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Mar 17 2008, 08:27 AM) *
O.K. I will add to the speculation as to why 3-ABN have named the various people in the respective subponeas:

1) There may be people, very few I think, whom they would like to litigate against. So they are attempting to identify them so that they can serve them with notice of a lawsuit.

2) They may wish to know if certain people are posting under another penname. E.g. They may want to konw if I am posting under the penname of"Sister.?" NOTE: Comment made to illustrarte a point.

3) There may be people whom they wish to depose. To do this then need to identify them in order to serve them. The act of deposing a person does not mean that they intend to litigate against them. I may simply mean that they believe that the person whom they wish to depose has information that they need. So, they wish to obtain it. E.G They may wish to ask Johann if he obtained certain information from Linda, what and when?

4) They may wish to question a person as to the factual basis for a post that the person made.

I can think of any number of reasons why they would wish to depose a noumber of the people who have posted here in BSDA and in other forums. I Fully expect that a number of those people will have legal orders issued that require the to respond to questions raised by the 3-ABN Attornies. Be prepared for it. Determine waht you are wiling to spend in legal fees. BE prepared. It is comming. But, it does notmean that every person is in p;otential legal harm.

By the way, do not think that the so-called "Freedom of the press" is an absolute bar against you being required to provide information.
Some of you will either give information, or face Contempt of Court isseus.

IF this means that you need the services of a competent attorney, consider it.

NOTE: Here is something to consider as you lthilnk as to whetehr or not you need an attorney:

1) If you believe that you may become a defendent in litigation, do not walk, run to an attorney and seek competent advice now.

2) If you believe that you will not become a defendent, but may be requrired to give informaiton, youy may need to consult with an attorney in regard to whast questions you will be required to answer, and how you should respond.

3) If you do not want your confidential information to be released to 3-ABN, seek competent legal advice.

4) If you want to prote4ct your estate and propertyl, seek legal advice.

5) If you beleive that you are protected by your "homeowners": policy, seek legal advice.

Gregory,

I do not want to see your well articulated post buried.

I want to emphasize what you have said here. It should not be necessary to remind those involved that seeking competent legal advice from one licensed to give it may be necessary. Some who give advice on these matters have not hesitated to state they recognize there will be victims. IMO to assume your best interest is consistent with their agenda is naive as some have found.

nw

That is actually one of my concerns here, and has always been. In the world, their are casualties of war, and the end justifies the means.

But I do not think that kind of thing is justified among Christians, and do not see this as the "Holy War" that some have tried to make it. I have, and still do worry about those who get caught up in this and may end up being hurt by this when they realize they have been used like pawns.

On a side note, I appreciated your objective post, Gregory.

-- Ian

This post has been edited by Ian: Mar 17 2008, 08:35 AM

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:28 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church