Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13308&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:29:32 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Linda's Litigation
PeacefulBe
post Apr 25 2007, 04:15 PM
Post #31

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Apr 25 2007, 03:06 PM) [snapback]192995[/snapback]

That is impossible as she didn't even move from FL to Il until months after the divorce, and even a 8 months after the divorce he was still talking about reconcilliation with Linda as the published "private" letters on the save 3abn not website prove.

Her actual move was months after the divorce, but didn't she come and stay at 3abn for awhile before that time? That is what I remember.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Apr 25 2007, 04:17 PM
Post #32

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Apr 25 2007, 06:15 PM) [snapback]193000[/snapback]

Her actual move was months after the divorce, but didn't she come and stay at 3abn for awhile before that time? That is what I remember.

Not according to her Mother who called before she went there, or anyone I've talked to and asked about it...

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 25 2007, 04:31 PM
Post #33

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Apr 25 2007, 03:17 PM) [snapback]193001[/snapback]

Not according to her Mother who called before she went there, or anyone I've talked to and asked about it...

So this young single mother of two moved to 3abn without first going there and checking for possible employment and housing? Did the mother make the arrangements for her?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Apr 25 2007, 04:57 PM
Post #34

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Apr 25 2007, 02:41 PM) [snapback]192979[/snapback]

Today Linda and her new lawyer were in court, and it went something like this:

The proceedings started and the Judge point blank asked him:
Do you have a liscence to practice law in Illinois?

Laird J. Heal: Yes your honor.

Danny's counsel approach the bench with documentation that he does not.

When confronted by the Judge about this.

Laird J. Heal : I am trying.... they haven't got back to me...

Judge: You aren't just tardy on your fee... it is supposed to be paid yearly... you haven't been liscenced in eleven years..

Laird J. Heal: I know.. I moved alot... guess they couldn't find me... blah blah and more blah..

Judge to Linda: ... Get a liscenced Attorney before June 8th...
Guess we'll be hearing more now from Gregory about Linda's new, professional lawyer who is such a mover and shaker....

Here's the scoop according to Gailon:
  • Attorney Laird J. Heal is licensed to practice law in Illinois.
  • He is an inactive member of the bar and has had that status for the last 11 years.
  • He paid 11 years of fees around two weeks agho, when he found out he was going to be taking this case.
  • Though the Illinois Bar was paid two weeks ago, they haven't updated their records.
  • The case could have proceeded with Laird as Linda's counsel, but the judge wasn't too happy with Danny's side.
Okay, here's the problem with Danny's side:
  • The judge thought that there was a motion to compel.
  • Danny's side brought a motion to strike instead.
  • The judge wasn't too happy with that and told Danny's lawyer to prepare for trial.
  • The judge was bothered that there still weren't any depositions done.
Next court date is June 8. On that date the following are scheduled:
  • Pretrial conference.
  • Mandatory settlement conference.
  • Pretrial motions.
Depositions need to be done by then.

Aletheia, as you can see above, Gailon gave quite a different account, and it sounds quite a bit more realistic.

But I'm a bit tired of posting all the time over here. I'd be more than happy for you to call Gailon and get accounts of things like this and post them instead of me. Have any interest? If you do, I can email you his phone number.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 25 2007, 05:18 PM
Post #35

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Are you kidding, Bob? Can you please pick somebody else? We need the straight scoop, please.

QUOTE(Pickle @ Apr 25 2007, 03:57 PM) [snapback]193007[/snapback]

• He is an inactive member of the bar and has had that status for the last 11 years.
  • He paid 11 years of fees around two weeks agho, when he found out he was going to be taking this case.
  • Though the Illinois Bar was paid two weeks ago, they haven't updated their records.
  • The case could have proceeded with Laird as Linda's counsel, but the judge wasn't too happy with Danny's side.
  • The judge wasn't too happy with that and told Danny's lawyer to prepare for trial.
  • Pretrial conference.
  • Pretrial motions.

Aletheia, as you can see above, Gailon gave quite a different account, and it sounds quite a bit more realistic.

But I'm a bit tired of posting all the time over here. I'd be more than happy for you to call Gailon and get accounts of things like this and post them instead of me. Have any interest? If you do, I can email you his phone number.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Apr 25 2007, 05:29 PM
Post #36

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

Don't worry Pickle, I doubt if anyone takes the defenders serious. I ALWAYS allow for the probability that the opposite is true of anything they post.

Hey, has anyone thought of looking back through Brandi's phone records, or DS cell? Might be kind of interesting looking back to 2003.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Apr 25 2007, 05:34 PM
Post #37

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Eirene @ Apr 25 2007, 10:45 PM) [snapback]192981[/snapback]

That would be odd since the legal divorce was obtained and final in the early summer of 04, and he didn't marry Brandy until spring of 06. Your story doesn't mesh....

What does not mesh? Your story?

Yes, the Guam divorce was obtained on June 21, 2004. Danny married his Brandy just after it was declared legal in the state of Illinois by the judge. That was in March 2006. Isn't that clear? Danny wrote me a letter about his marriage at that time.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 25 2007, 06:27 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

Eirene, is it possible that you could use a different typeface. the one u are using is very hard to read and i know you want us to read it. otherwise i just pass it by.
QUOTE(Eirene @ Apr 25 2007, 08:51 AM) [snapback]192900[/snapback]

Grith, Let me clarify some things:
1. Danny did not go to guam to get the divorce. All the paperwork was sent there.
2. Linda of course could have contested the divorce and it would have went no farther, as far as down that avenue.
3. It took minimal time for the divorce to be legal. What you refer to is months down the road Linda decided to try challenge the legalities of the divorce that she had agreed to get. There were several reasons for this, but one major reason was because if she could somehow find a loophole for the guam divorce to be declared invalid, then she would be entitled to half of DS's income for the months between the guam divorce and when she decided to contest the legalities and it is my understanding she was also going to go after even more of the marital assets than she had already been given. If she would have been succesful in her quest, it would have been like starting all over with a clean slate and I would guess she was going after more than her share, which she had already received. So the Guam divorce was legal and binding all along and no one challenged it except, her, later down the road. DS's attorney new it was legal from the day of the divorce decree. So when people say they weren't actually divorced until 6 or8 months later, that would be a lie. Just because she chose to challenge it as invalid didn't make it invalid. And in fact, she lost the case as there was no legal cause to challenge it in the first place.

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 25 2007, 06:32 PM
Post #39

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Eirene,
I would also appreciate it if you could change your typeface. It really does mess with one's eyes and I enjoy reading your remarks and would hate to have to ignore them.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Apr 25 2007, 06:36 PM
Post #40

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(princessdi @ Apr 25 2007, 05:18 PM) [snapback]193009[/snapback]

Are you kidding, Bob? Can you please pick somebody else? We need the straight scoop, please.

Hey, I thought she might like to change employers. Someone who is more honest, you know. She might welcome the change.

She was "working" with me once upon a time. You know, just trying to get down to the bottom of things. If she wants to assist now, I'm not going to stand in her way.

QUOTE(Johann @ Apr 25 2007, 05:34 PM) [snapback]193012[/snapback]

Danny wrote me a letter about his marriage at that time.

I heard he wrote Linda and told her how great a body his new wife had.

Haven't seen that one on Save3ABN.com, so I don't know for sure that that one is true. But given the other ones, it just might be.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 25 2007, 06:42 PM
Post #41

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pickle @ Apr 25 2007, 02:57 PM) [snapback]193007[/snapback]

• Pretrial conference.
  • Pretrial motions.

Cindy,

Are you feeling a bit set up again by your info providers? What is your response to what Gailon is providing as the actual reason Linda's attorney did not have the license in hand for the hearing? Would you agree that it might have been a good idea to double check the facts before your jump to cast aspersions on Laird J. Heal?

Or, do you maintain that what you were told is the truth and Gailon is just spinning away as usual? I really am interested in knowing your take on this.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 25 2007, 06:53 PM
Post #42

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

This is the full email I received just a little bit ago from Gailon Arthur Joy on the subject of what really happened in that Franklin County courthouse this afternoon. While it is somewhat redundant since Bob Pickle already posted on the subject, I thought it might head off any need for accusations against Bob of spinning the info.

PB

----- Original Message -----
To: ************
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 5:11 PM
Subject: Re: Linda's attorney

Illinois allows Attys to maintain an inactive status and Atty Laird Heal has been an inactive member of the Bar for 11 years. When He agreed to accept Lindas case. he contacted the Illinois Bar to re-activate his license. They sent him paperwork and he had to pay a fee of something under $500 which was done about two weeks ago. The Illinois Attorney Registration & Disciplinary Commission did not get his re-activation certification completed in time for this hearing. This is, a minor issue as he is a member in good standing before the Illinois Bar, but inactive, although his activation fee and paperwork is before the commission for updating.

The important news is that the Judge ordered a pretrial hearing, mandatory settlement conference and hearing on motions for June 8, 2007. The judge also noted that there had been no depositions in this case. It is Atty Heals intent to correct that problem as soon as possible.

I have also attached the Illinois Registration database for Laird James Heal demonstrating there is no pending disciplinary action and simply needs to complete re-activation:

ARDC Individual Attorney Record of Public Registration and Public Disciplinary and Disability Information as of April 25, 2007 at 12:14:42 PM:
Full Licensed Name: Laird James Heal
Full Former name(s): None
Date of Admission as Lawyer
by Illinois Supreme Court: June 4, 1991
Registered Business Address: *********
Registered Business Phone: *********

Public Record of Discipline
and Pending Proceedings: None

Hope this clarifies the status and I am told he will be re-activated by the commission by Friday.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter
Save3ABN.com

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
Eirene
post Apr 25 2007, 09:36 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Group:
QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Apr 25 2007, 06:53 PM) [snapback]193023[/snapback]

This is the full email I received just a little bit ago from Gailon Arthur Joy on the subject of what really happened in that Franklin County courthouse this afternoon. While it is somewhat redundant since Bob Pickle already posted on the subject, I thought it might head off any need for accusations against Bob of spinning the info.

PB
----- Original Message -----
To: ************
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 5:11 PM
Subject: Re: Linda's attorney
Illinois allows Attys to maintain an inactive status and Atty Laird Heal has been an inactive member of the Bar for 11 years. When He agreed to accept Lindas case. he contacted the Illinois Bar to re-activate his license. They sent him paperwork and he had to pay a fee of something under $500 which was done about two weeks ago. The Illinois Attorney Registration & Disciplinary Commission did not get his re-activation certification completed in time for this hearing. This is, a minor issue as he is a member in good standing before the Illinois Bar, but inactive, although his activation fee and paperwork is before the commission for updating.

The important news is that the Judge ordered a pretrial hearing, mandatory settlement conference and hearing on motions for June 8, 2007. The judge also noted that there had been no depositions in this case. It is Atty Heals intent to correct that problem as soon as possible.

I have also attached the Illinois Registration database for Laird James Heal demonstrating there is no pending disciplinary action and simply needs to complete re-activation:

ARDC Individual Attorney Record of Public Registration and Public Disciplinary and Disability Information as of April 25, 2007 at 12:14:42 PM:
Full Licensed Name: Laird James Heal
Full Former name(s): None
Date of Admission as Lawyer
by Illinois Supreme Court: June 4, 1991
Registered Business Address: *********
Registered Business Phone: *********

Public Record of Discipline
and Pending Proceedings: None
Hope this clarifies the status and I am told he will be re-activated by the commission by Friday.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter
Save3ABN.com

That sounds like a nice little spin all packaged up. One thing is wrong with that. When the judge ask if he was licensed to practice in Il he said YES YOUR HONOR! No matter how you spin it he lied. Had he not been exposed, proceedings would have went on as planned with no one the wiser.
Are you honestly trying to say that he drove all the way from Mass, a long long trip, and Linda drove from springfield, knowing that he wouldn't be able to accomplish anything because he was going to have to admit to the judge he didn't have his license yet? roflmao.gif Please, he thought he could get a way with it but failed miserably.

QUOTE(Johann @ Apr 25 2007, 05:34 PM) [snapback]193012[/snapback]

What does not mesh? Your story?

Yes, the Guam divorce was obtained on June 21, 2004. Danny married his Brandy just after it was declared legal in the state of Illinois by the judge. That was in March 2006. Isn't that clear? Danny wrote me a letter about his marriage at that time.

No it doesn't mesh. As I said no one was questioning the legality of the finality of the divorce in june except Linda, months down the road. The divorce was final and legal and that finding was "upheld" by a court of law after Linda tried to force her own issue that it wasn't legal. There is a difference in a finding being UPHELD as compared to being "declared". The very fact that the court UPHELD the legalities of the guam divorce just proves what I am saying. They were legally divorced in june of 04 and he married Brandi spring of 06. Almost a 2 year span. For you to say they weren't divorced until 06 and he married right after, is again, why one can't trust your credibility. If you don't understand the court system or why Linda was trying to work it, then you should stay away from these types of post. If you do understand, then you were trying to spin it, again, in a certain direction that you want it to go.

QUOTE(princessdi @ Apr 25 2007, 05:18 PM) [snapback]193009[/snapback]

Obviously not, or you wouldn't be asking Pickle.

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Apr 25 2007, 09:39 PM
Post #44

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Eirene @ Apr 26 2007, 12:36 AM) [snapback]193043[/snapback]

That sounds like a nice little spin all packaged up. One thing is wrong with that. When the judge ask if he was licensed to practice in Il he said YES YOUR HONOR! No matter how you spin it he lied. Had he not been exposed, proceedings would have went on as planned with no one the wiser.
Are you honestly trying to say that he drove all the way from Mass, a long long trip, and Linda drove from springfield, knowing that he wouldn't be able to accomplish anything because he was going to have to admit to the judge he didn't have his license yet? roflmao.gif Please, he thought he could get a way with it but failed miserably.

No it doesn't mesh. As I said no one was questioning the legality of the finality of the divorce in june except Linda, months down the road. The divorce was final and legal and that finding was "upheld" by a court of law after Linda tried to force her own issue that it wasn't legal. There is a difference in a finding being UPHELD as compared to being "declared". The very fact that the court UPHELD the legalities of the guam divorce just proves what I am saying. They were legally divorced in june of 04 and he married Brandi spring of 06. Almost a 2 year span. For you to say they weren't divorced until 06 and he married right after, is again, why one can't trust your credibility. If you don't understand the court system or why Linda was trying to work it, then you should stay away from these types of post. If you do understand, then you were trying to spin it, again, in a certain direction that you want it to go.
Obviously not, or you wouldn't be asking Pickle.

So Eirene, you are an eye witness to all these events, the court case and all? popcom.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Eirene
post Apr 25 2007, 09:45 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Group:
QUOTE(Pickle @ Apr 25 2007, 04:57 PM) [snapback]193007[/snapback]

• Pretrial conference.
  • Pretrial motions.

You know Bob, the accounts aren't really that different on the issues raised. In fact Aletheia was correct in everything she said. Fact, Laird did not have a valid license to practice in Il...Fact, he answered in the affirmative when ask if he did....Fact, he made excuses as to why he didn't have it yet....We know all this is true by the mere fact that the proceedings did not continue and the judge told Linda to get a licensed attorney.
Of course what you failed to mention is that DS's attorney ask for the whole thing to be thrown out since he wasn't licensed but the Judge said that wouldn't be fair to Mrs. Shelton as he was assuming that she thought she did have one.
So Bob, what's not true?

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Apr 25 2007, 09:39 PM) [snapback]193045[/snapback]

So Eirene, you are an eye witness to all these events, the court case and all? popcom.gif

You would be surprised.....

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:29 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church