Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12656&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 12:09:59 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Many Alleged Victims Of Tommy Shelton? 25+?, Rough Draft of List of Alleged Victims/Timeline
Whtz Happenin
post Feb 23 2007, 03:06 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,846

Timeline of Sexual Allegations of Tommy Shelton:

I could not find anywhere that listed all of the possible alleged victims of Tommy Shelton. I attempted to list them all below in order to grasp the possible magnitude of the number of alleged victims. This is a rough draft and as more information is posted I will update and re-post.

- The allegations are from the AToday article, posts at BlackSDA.com, Maritime-sda-online.org and/or Christianforums.com.

Please review and provide missing information.

Mid 1970’s

#1 (or more) -Allegations - About 30 year’s ago - Walt Thompson

Nineteen Eighty’s

#2 - 1982-83 School Year - Allegation by BD

#3 - Allegations of “three other boys”

#4 - Allegations of “three other boys”

#5 - Allegations of “three other boys”

#6 - October 1984 - Seen w/ one boy - Avery - (Possibly one of “three other boys”)

#7 - Allegation by Mother #1 of Victim

#8 - Allegation by Mother of GH

September 15, 1985 - Resigned as Pastor of Ezra Church of God (TS open letter)

October 25, 1985 - Ordination Suspended

#9 - Late 1985/Early 1986 - Allegation by DC

June 1986 (Approx) - Hired as Pastor of Ezra Church of God (TS open letter)

#10 - Around 1988 - Allegation by RC

#11 - “Victims that have not come forward” - post by PJMusic
- “…at least 5 other victims I know of that have not come forward yet.” - post by D. Clem

#12 - (2) “Victims that have not come forward”

#13 - (3) “Victims that have not come forward”

#14 - (4) “Victims that have not come forward”

#15 (or more) - (5) “Victims that have not come forward”

- At least 6 boys were sexually abused - Assume #’s (2-15) include - Dryden

Nineteen Ninety’s

#16 (or more) - Early 1990’s prior to resigning from Ezra - Further Allegations (Atoday)

1991 - Resigns from Ezra Church of God

1991 – Hired by 3ABN as Production Manager (Atoday)

#17 - (1991- 1992) - Employee allegation (Atoday)

1992 (Aprox) - Fired by 3ABN

- Result of employee allegations (AToday)

1992 (Aprox) - Hired by 3ABN to Promote 3ABN

- Traveled around by Bus singing and promoting

1995 - Hired as Assist. Pastor of Dunn Loring Church of God

1996 - Hired as Pastor of Dunn Loring Church of God

- Further allegations during time at Dunn Loring (Atoday)

#18 - One minor at VA Church - Dryden

#19 - Adult #1 at VA Church - Dryden

#20 - Adult #2 at VA Church - Dryden

#21 - Misconduct at VA Church - Unrelated to other 3 - Dryden (Martime #82093)

#22 - underage victims from VA has gone from 1 to 3…” (post by Pickle) (possibly #21)

#23 - underage victims from VA has gone from 1 to 3…” (post by Pickle)

Two Thousand’s

#24 - In 2000 - Family confronted - relationship with underage male (possibly #18) (Atoday)

#25 - 2000 - Family confronted - inappropriate relationship with son (Atoday)

2000 - Resigned as Pastor of Dunn Loring Church of God

(2000- 2002) (Aprox) - Hired by 3ABN as Archive Librarian

2001 - Surrendered Credentials to the Ministerial Council in VA (TS Open Letter)

June 2004 - Promoted by 3ABN to Programming Manager

December 2006 - Resigned from 3ABN

Notes:

a. Information about allegations in the 1970’s is not known [(-) 01/ (+) ??]

b. #6 may be included in “three other boys” [(-) 01/ (+) 00]

c. “Victims that have not come forward” [(-) 00/ (+) ??]

d. “At least 6 boys were sexually abused” [(-) 00/ (+) ??]

e. Further Allegations in Early 1990’s may be included elsewhere [(-) 01/ (+) ??]

f. #’s 18 and 24 may be the same victim [(-) 01/ (+) 00]

g. #’s 21 and 22 may be the same victim [(-) 01/ (+) 00]

Total number of alleged victims may be 25, as low as 20 or as high as an unknown number.

This post has been edited by Whtz Happenin: Jun 22 2007, 05:04 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 23 2007, 05:18 PM
Post #2

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Whtz Happenin,

This is a great start! It looks like you put a lot of time into this. Thank you! It will be interesting how the time line evolves, now, as it continues to be fleshed out.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Feb 23 2007, 07:17 PM
Post #3

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

Even if one of them is right...... He's (Tommy) is wrong....
furious.gif

My LERD!

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Whtz Happenin
post Mar 12 2007, 12:12 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

This topic has been quiet for awhile. If anyone has any additional relevant information, please post.

+Quote Post
erik
post Mar 12 2007, 03:18 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(Whtz Happenin @ Mar 11 2007, 11:12 PM) [snapback]184637[/snapback]

This topic has been quiet for awhile. If anyone has any additional relevant information, please post.

What is very telling is no one from the Pro 3abn crowd has tried to disprove your time line.

Makes me wonder why???

ERik

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 12 2007, 08:43 AM
Post #6

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

Guess I missed this thread.

#7 Mother #1 is not the mother of one of the three boys. Here son did not come forward until January 24, 2007, the very day the ASI statement came out.

I think #6 is correct.

#8 I understand at present to not be one of the three boys, but to be the mother of the fourth boy in Dryden's 2003 count of six, fourth in the order of when Dryden found out about them, not in chronological order. In other words, Dryden's #5 is actually Brad Dunning, in my understanding, because he found out about him after #1-#4.

Tommy asserts that he resigned from his pastorate in his open letter. I'd like some confirmation that that was the case, especially since his open letter claims that the first allegations came in September 1985.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 12 2007, 10:16 AM
Post #7

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/09/roberts.btsc/index.html

Interesting story. Here's a nationally known figure who kept quiet for 20 years, even when a friend came forward with similar allegations and had them thrown out of court. It must be super hard to come forward.

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Mar 12 2007, 12:14 PM
Post #8

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(Pickle @ Mar 12 2007, 12:16 PM) [snapback]184700[/snapback]

Interesting story. Here's a nationally known figure who kept quiet for 20 years, even when a friend came forward with similar allegations and had them thrown out of court. It must be super hard to come forward.

I would agree.

But what I find disturbing is how little time was actually served for the crimes committed. I wonder if someone were facing the question of coming forward and all they and their family would have to face in public scrutiny if they did, if the small penalty actually paid here by the priest in terms of time actually served would, on balance, be worth it or would the public exposure be enough?

nw
C"i"

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Mar 12 2007, 01:21 PM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Mar 12 2007, 12:40 PM
Post #9

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Pickle @ Mar 12 2007, 12:16 PM) [snapback]184700[/snapback]

Particularly if you are famous... and even worse if you are a professional athlete; several years ago an NHL player came forward about the abuse he suffered at the hands of his junior hockey coach and 2 years ago Laverneus Coles, wide receiver for the NY Jets came forward about the abuse he suffed at the hands of his step-father and even though it was sexual abuse, in the über-homophobic world of professional sports, both continue to suffer as a result, facing homosexual slurs from opoosing players and the like.

Both have said that sometimes it's so bad they wish they had continued to keep silent... but both are ultimately glad they told their story and their abusers convicted.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Whtz Happenin
post Mar 13 2007, 12:10 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Pickle @ Mar 12 2007, 10:43 AM) [snapback]184677[/snapback]

Guess I missed this thread.

#7 Mother #1 is not the mother of one of the three boys. Here son did not come forward until January 24, 2007, the very day the ASI statement came out.

I think #6 is correct.

#8 I understand at present to not be one of the three boys, but to be the mother of the fourth boy in Dryden's 2003 count of six, fourth in the order of when Dryden found out about them, not in chronological order. In other words, Dryden's #5 is actually Brad Dunning, in my understanding, because he found out about him after #1-#4.

Tommy asserts that he resigned from his pastorate in his open letter. I'd like some confirmation that that was the case, especially since his open letter claims that the first allegations came in September 1985.

Thanks Pickle for your input. I wish we could all miss this thread and wake up to find it only a nightmare. Unfortunately, no one is denying any of the allegations; including Tommy in his open letter.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 16 2007, 08:48 AM
Post #11

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (March 16) - A man who sexually assaulted a University of Virginia student in 1984 and apologized to her two decades later as part of the Alcoholics Anonymous program was sentenced to 18 months in prison Thursday.

http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles/_a/ma...S00010000000001

who was it that said that T.S. could not get jail time?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 16 2007, 09:24 AM
Post #12

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 16 2007, 04:48 PM) [snapback]185691[/snapback]

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (March 16) - A man who sexually assaulted a University of Virginia student in 1984 and apologized to her two decades later as part of the Alcoholics Anonymous program was sentenced to 18 months in prison Thursday.

It is remarkable that this man could have gotten a life sentence, but he was given merely 18 months because he repented of his evil. It is also stated that an apology is no substitute for punishment for the evil deed.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
Observer
post Mar 16 2007, 10:39 AM
Post #13

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 16 2007, 07:48 AM) [snapback]185691[/snapback]

Virginia does not have a Statute of Limitations on the crime for which he was convicted.

Many other States to have such a Statue of Limitations. It is people from those States who have said that he could not be convicted of a crime.

In this specific case, the prosecution had a signed confession from the man. That fact bring up a lot of new issues.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Mar 16 2007, 11:12 AM
Post #14

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(Observer @ Mar 16 2007, 12:39 PM) [snapback]185715[/snapback]

Virginia does not have a Statute of Limitations on the crime for which he was convicted.

Many other States to have such a Statue of Limitations. It is people from those States who have said that he could not be convicted of a crime.

In this specific case, the prosecution had a signed confession from the man. That fact bring up a lot of new issues.

Greg you are correct about Virgina law.

This is the post I made several weeks ago about this case.

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=180531

nw
C"i"

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Mar 16 2007, 11:19 AM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 16 2007, 11:20 AM
Post #15

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

aren't there some allegations from Virginia?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 11:10 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church