Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11523&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:48:21 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Paula Eakins
Johann
post Nov 20 2006, 02:55 PM
Post #16

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Truly Blonde @ Nov 20 2006, 10:21 PM) [snapback]160889[/snapback]

While I havn't seen Paula & Curtis on 3abn, I do print out all their recipes. They have blessed me by that. I will keep her in my prayers.

The devil likes to work overtime and if he can get people who are really trying to live according to God's plan in Edan the happier he is. After all if someone is really trying to eat right and then gets cancer many people will look at them and say, See it doesn't work, God doesn't know what He is talking about and they will go on their merry way. Satan must be really happy now. God is STILL the stronger and He can overcome anything that Satan can throw at us and turn it into something REALLY GOOD!!!!! Let me know about the fast and praying.

I feel especially with Paula and Curtis because my wife suffered from the same malady some years back. It was then Linda ordered us to come to 3ABN for help and healing. We had never gone if we had known that Danny would make our stay there an occasion to get rid of our beloved Linda. I pray that a similar curse will not befall anyone else.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Nov 20 2006, 11:03 PM
Post #17

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(summertime @ Nov 20 2006, 09:48 AM) [snapback]160826[/snapback]

Sometimes other factors cause cancer--geneology, happenchance and many others. But I, too, have found Curtis and Paula Eakins to be the best of the best. My brother-in-law who is a retired pastor, has always lived according to the health message and has always depended on the Lord to give him 'work for the Lord' has recently begun chemo for lymphatic cancer--one thing that we know for sure is that these 2 precious people who work for the Lord are under His wings and the purpose for all this is known only to God. I offer prayers for the Eakins family---I feel in my heart that Paula will be blessed by God.

Amen and amen.gif We will also be in prayer.

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
hseminar
post Nov 21 2006, 12:41 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 125

Greetings everyone,

This is Curtis Eakins, Paula's main (and only) squeeze! I was compelled to log on after receiving several personal email messages of your concern and prayers for us. Praise God. Paula is doing EXCEPTIONALLY well! Our Dr. has called her a "walking miracle"; too numerous to mention all the blessings.

In fact, we're going to share our story on "3ABN TODAY" telecast next week of God's wonderful working power and how He rules over every move He allows Satan to make for His purpose!

--------------------
Godspeed,
Curt

TV host of the Abundant Living program on 3ABN. Website: Hseminars.com
John 10:10 Jesus said '...I come, that they might have life, and, have it more abundantly'.

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Nov 21 2006, 01:37 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

Curtis and Paula will be at 3ABN to tape a 3ABN Today program about this issue and will also be on 3ABN Today LIVE...

This post has been edited by husbandoftheyear: Nov 21 2006, 01:37 AM

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Nov 27 2006, 09:54 PM
Post #20

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

How was it? Is Paula undergoing chemo...or is she choosing to use only holistic treatments? dunno.gif

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Nov 21 2006, 02:37 AM) [snapback]160947[/snapback]

Curtis and Paula will be at 3ABN to tape a 3ABN Today program about this issue and will also be on 3ABN Today LIVE...

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
calvin
post Nov 29 2006, 10:49 AM
Post #21

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Nov 27 2006, 10:54 PM) [snapback]161543[/snapback]

How was it? Is Paula undergoing chemo...or is she choosing to use only holistic treatments? dunno.gif

Using only holistic treatments.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Nov 29 2006, 12:20 PM
Post #22

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(calvin @ Nov 29 2006, 09:49 AM) [snapback]161752[/snapback]

Using only holistic treatments.

I know that prayer can be more powerful than anything man can treat with and holistic treatments can sometimes bring cures for some things.

I also know that a friend of mine died a year ago of breast cancer after prayer, annointing and holistic treatments did not cure her.

I hope Paula keeps her options open if the holistic treatments begin to fail.

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: Nov 29 2006, 12:23 PM

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Observer
post Nov 30 2006, 08:21 AM
Post #23

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

I work in health care, at a hospital, and have access to patient records.

Several years ago, an individual who also worked in health care was diagnosed with cancer. She/he decided to seek alternative cancer treatment, and from that point one never accepted any traditional cancer treatment. Over the next three years, she/he traveled to alternative cancer treatment centers, to include those outside of the United States.

I became personally aquainted with her/him when she/he was in transit from an alternative treatment center in another country, to her home in another State. She/he had to be taken off of the airplaine, and brought to our hospital in an ambulance. The hospital where I work does not charge patients for care. We provide it free, and cost is not an objective in providing medical care to our patients. We do not provide to the public at large, but to an eligibe sub-set of the population in the U. S. This person was eligible for our care. Our staff went all out to provide for this person's care.

We brought in top cancer experts to review the origonal medical records. We determined that the origonal cancer could have been cured, as much as any cancer is cured. It was of a type, and at a state that traditional medical science had the answer, as much as it ever does for cancer.

At the point where the cancer was when this patient had reached us, it had invaded the spine, and other areas. This person's dying wish was to return to the area where her/his family lived, and die with family present. We manufactured a custom made, full-torso brace. But, that only allowed the patient to sit upright for short periods of time. We were not able to bring the patient to the place where she/he could be flown to a place where she/he could die with family.

NOTE: We were willing, and had obtained financial approval to charter an air ambulance to fly her/him home.

The result was that this patient died in our hospital seperated from the people she/he wished to be near.

This case was a traumatic case for our medical and nursing staff. All of us took it very hard. My writing this today has triggered emotional feelings in me. Why was this so? Simply, we who had access to her/his medical records knew that this was a death that did not have to be. The patient would be alive today, if she/he had accepted traditional medical treatmenet.

Yes, one might say that the cancer might have returned. But, that would clearly have been years later. The patient would have had many years of life added to her/his life if she/he had not gone for alternative medical treatment.

Well, as a medical ethicist, I support the right of a comptetent adult to make their own decision regarding thier medical care. That right incudes the right to reject specific care, and the right to accept other care.

But, it is sometimes emotionally hard on medical providers when they witness the consequences of those choices. This was one of those times. This patient was a person who had a lot to contribute. Her/his death was needless, at that time, even if she/he had a right to make those choices.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Nov 30 2006, 08:32 PM
Post #24

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Gregory,
It appears to me that some nowdays seem to think that making use of traditional medicine shows a lack of faith. Of course you are correct that each individual has the right to choose how they are going to have illness treated.

I just hope that all remember that one of the Gifts of the Spirit is Healing and I am certain that this gift is not reserved for the holistic doctors alone but also for many of those in mainstream medicine.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Nov 30 2006, 08:57 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Nov 30 2006, 10:32 PM) [snapback]161921[/snapback]

Gregory,
It appears to me that some nowdays seem to think that making use of traditional medicine shows a lack of faith. Of course you are correct that each individual has the right to choose how they are going to have illness treated.

I just hope that all remember that one of the Gifts of the Spirit is Healing and I am certain that this gift is not reserved for the holistic doctors alone but also for many of those in mainstream medicine.

It was truly enjoyable listening to this couple talk tonight, albeit briefly, about the health concern and then talk about numerous aspects of healthy eating, healthful living.

- fhb

This post has been edited by fallible humanbeing: Dec 1 2006, 11:37 AM

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Nov 30 2006, 09:53 PM
Post #26

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Nov 30 2006, 07:57 PM) [snapback]161923[/snapback]

It was truely enjoyable listening to this couple talk tonight, albeit briefly, about the health concern and then talk about numerous aspects of healthy eating, healthful living.

- fhb

I always enjoy watching their cooking shows on 3abn. They have such fun together! As a CHIPPER I know the importance of the plant based diet they promote.

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
Chez
post Dec 1 2006, 12:16 AM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,417

Would anyone like to join me in fasting and praying for Paula (and Curtis and family) on Sabbath, December 2? We can always fast and pray anytime, but I have set aside this day for special prayer for Paula's healing and for her family.

Chez

+Quote Post
jene
post Dec 3 2006, 06:47 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,812

I wish I had a chance to watch the Eakins tell their story on 3ABN, but I missed it. I am watching to see how God unfolds a miracle for all of us to witness. Although a couple of you have given some doomsday scenarios, I have heard of just as many success stories of people being healed by God's touch through the avenue of natural healing. Remember even health professionals acknowledge how destructive and poisonous chemotherapy and radiation are.

Paula and Curtis I am praying for you. May God richly bless you as he works a miracle for all the world to witness.

Jene'

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:48 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church